ADVERTISEMENT

"The Nice Guys" is a terrible movie

MillerTime

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2003
39°10,- 86°31
I usually trust RottenTomatoes enough to decide on what movies I see, but they got it wrong on this one (90%). This was supposed to be a comedy but the only laughs were due to its unintended ridiculousness. The acting was phoned-in. The fight scenes were literally unbelievable. The plot had holes. Do not waste your time. Drugs probably will not help. Except for the Hannibal Burress cameo (voice only). Aside from that, it was phucking awful. Should be a 25% on RT

I usually trust RottenTomatoes enough to decide on what movies I see, but they got it wrong on this one (90%). This was supposed to be a comedy but the only laughs were due to its unintended ridiculousness. The acting was phoned-in. The fight scenes were literally unbelievable. The plot had holes. Do not waste your time. Drugs probably will not help. Except for the Hannibal Burress cameo (voice only). Aside from that, it was phucking awful. Should be a 25% on RT
Rotten Tomatoes is an aggregator. It takes the sum of critics reviews. In other words, 90% of critics could have just thought The Nice Guys was above average. That said, I usualy trust it too, but critics sometimes don't know what the hell their talking about.

With RT it's good to compare the audience score with the critics score.

Rotten Tomatoes is an aggregator. It takes the sum of critics reviews. In other words, 90% of critics could have just thought The Nice Guys was above average. That said, I usualy trust it too, but critics sometimes don't know what the hell their talking about.

With RT it's good to compare the audience score with the critics score.
Audience score 88%. Good numbers on Metacritic. Everyone seems to like it.

I haven't seen it an prolly won't, but I think we need to at least consider the possibility that MD doesn't know what the f*** he's talking about.

I watched Welcome to Leith last night. It was poorly produced but just intriguing enough for me to finish it.

C-$ moves to Leith and tried to bring the bro version of the KKK to a small North Dakota city which ended up eventually causing him and the skinny methy bro to be in jail for a minute.

I watched Welcome to Leith last night. It was poorly produced but just intriguing enough for me to finish it.

C-$ moves to Leith and tried to bring the bro version of the KKK to a small North Dakota city which ended up eventually causing him and the skinny methy bro to be in jail for a minute.

WTF

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Disagree. I went in with no expectations and actually found it to be pretty good. Plot was all over the place, but it was amusing nonetheless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT