ADVERTISEMENT

The next two weeks will be telling.

Hoosiers47614

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2019
Maryland has looked pretty good, but not amazing and the game is at home. Would be better if this were the Homecoming game, instead, but nevertheless a game that is getable.

Rutgers, to me at least, has been a pretty big disappointment. I figured them a bowl team and they don’t look remotely close and have no competent QB despite playing more than a handful of them. If the defense shows the consistency it did today, that’s a win, even on the road.

Come out of those two games with wins and then you’ve got four shots to get one, with one of them being MSU, who’s maybe the biggest letdown in the country this year and after that you still have a home Bucket Game where anything can happen.

Even a split of UMD and Rutgers still leaves a path. But they have got to find a way to be going into the Penn State game 4-4 at worst and give themselves a chance to have a chance.

Maryland has looked pretty good, but not amazing and the game is at home. Would be better if this were the Homecoming game, instead, but nevertheless a game that is getable.

Rutgers, to me at least, has been a pretty big disappointment. I figured them a bowl team and they don’t look remotely close and have no competent QB despite playing more than a handful of them. If the defense shows the consistency it did today, that’s a win, even on the road.

Come out of those two games with wins and then you’ve got four shots to get one, with one of them being MSU, who’s maybe the biggest letdown in the country this year and after that you still have a home Bucket Game where anything can happen.

Even a split of UMD and Rutgers still leaves a path. But they have got to find a way to be going into the Penn State game 4-4 at worst and give themselves a chance to have a chance.
I'm not saying IU can't win one or two more ..Yesterday's first half gives me just a small since of hope .
Small...
Mostly because our Q.B. is sadly inadequate at all the phases of his position...

I'm not saying IU can't win one or two more ..Yesterday's first half gives me just a small since of hope .
Small...
Mostly because our Q.B. is sadly inadequate at all the phases of his position...
I am not sure it’s fair to Judge Baze that harshly given his OL. I don’t think CJ Stroud could thrive behind IU’s line. I think Baze could do better if he had a decent OL. Rutgers & MD have shown more protection against OSU or UM than our Swiss cheese line did yesterday.

And to be clear, I blame coaching. I’m not saying we have 4-7 future NFL OL, but I bet a top notch OL coach could be getting better results out of some combinations of the 15-17 OL on IU’s roster. More so than snap and run for your life vs 4 man rush!

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but you’re talking about a team with a combined -7 yards in the 4th quarter the last 2 weeks and zero 2H points.

I’m gonna need to see a lot before I expect this program to win another game this season.

• Sad
Reactions: travlinhoosier
I’ve given up on a win and found other uses for my Saturday afternoons. We owe it to our QBs to forfeit the remaining games this year and if Allen is back, maybe next year. He’s a walking disaster.

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT