ADVERTISEMENT

The next 5 games?

.Gerdis

All-Big Ten
Dec 10, 2003
I look at the next five games, and it seems that four of those games are the easiest games remaining. It gets much tougher after that with a string against ranked opponents:

PSU
Maryland
At Wisconsin
Nebraska
Purdue

3-2 is the bare minimum for these next 5. This is a great opportunity to get some wins under our belt and build some confidence. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see us take 4 of those games. And winning all 5 wouldn’t be impossible with no fans in the Kohl center.

Our schedule is going to get tough. I count a dozen consecutive games against ranked opponents following the PU game. This is a critical stretch. Four of these five games are probably the easiest we have all year in conference play. Is our team up to it? Will our coach have them prepared? I have to admit that I have my doubts.

No excuses, time to win.

Reactions: kkott
I look at the next five games, and it seems that four of those games are the easiest games remaining. It gets much tougher after that with a string against ranked opponents:

PSU
Maryland
At Wisconsin
Nebraska
Purdue

3-2 is the bare minimum for these next 5. This is a great opportunity to get some wins under our belt and build some confidence. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see us take 4 of those games. And winning all 5 wouldn’t be impossible with no fans in the Kohl center.

Our schedule is going to get tough. I count a dozen consecutive games against ranked opponents following the PU game. This is a critical stretch. Four of these five games are probably the easiest we have all year in conference play. Is our team up to it? Will our coach have them prepared? I have to admit that I have my doubts.

No excuses, time to win.

jesus I’m high, but what the hell are you smoking. It wouldn’t be impossible to win all 5 and win in the kohl center???!?! WHAT. We aren’t Maryland. Speaking of, why the hell are they talked about more, this league is freaking loaaaaaaaded. 9 in the top 25 this week? Lord that has to be a record.

I honestly don’t see the path to .500 this season unless we suddenly have a change in attitude/play.

Reactions: Radio Zero

PSU
Maryland
At Wisconsin
Nebraska
Purdue

No excuses, time to win.
I think 3-2 would be an outstanding result, given our current circumstances.

We beat PSU and Nebraska and lose the other 3.
This team has got to find some heart. I seriously doubt they have it, or they'd have won when BK returned, but my God, if they have a pulse at all, they better beat PU at our place this year, at least.

PSU
Maryland
At Wisconsin
Nebraska
Purdue

No excuses, time to win.
Ranking my level of surprise with total wins over next five games.

0 Wins: ****ing burn the program to the ground
1 Win: Surprised
2 Wins: Somewhat Surprised
3 Wins: Expected
4 Wins: Pleasantly Surprised
5 - Second coming of Christ. The world is coming to an end.

Reactions: mushroomgod_1

PSU
Maryland
At Wisconsin
Nebraska
Purdue

No excuses, time to win.

I had seen parts of 3-4 Maryland games this year before last night. I was not at all impressed. I watched all of last night's game. Damn.

Maryland played a fantastic game last night.

Wisconsin did not play a bad game, imo. They did not overlook them, nor did they choke. Maryland just played a damn good game, with tremendous energy.

They do not have size, but they are all long and wide other than in the 5 position. At 5 Donte Scott is only 6'7" 235 lbs or so, but is coming on. They also have a 6'8" and a 6'9" guys who are adequate bangers. So they match up pretty well size-wise with TJD & Race.

I think the PSU game is a cakewalk for us. if we show up at all. I suppose it's possible PSU could just go crazy with 3s....anything less than that should be an easy win. We match up very well with PSU.

BUT, if MD plays against us exactly as they did against Wisconsin, we will definitely lose. The good thing is.....they may not play anything like they did last might. I hope that's the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: .Gerdis
This team has got to find some heart. I seriously doubt they have it, or they'd have won when BK returned, but my God, if they have a pulse at all, they better beat PU at our place this year, at least.

Yes....we really do need that 4/5. Very improbable, yes. But possible. And necessary.

Because the next 8 games after these 5 are at MSU; at Iowa; Rutgers; at Michigan; Illinois; Iowa; at NW; at OSU.....Then we close with Minn; MSU; at Rutgers; Michigan; at Purdue. So we got screwed with the schedule, only getting PSU & Nebraska once each.

I agree with you. I don't think they're up for it. Let's hope they prove us wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT