ADVERTISEMENT

the most versatile word?

Personally I think Americans are way too sensitive about what is perceived to be 'swear' words. What particularly irks me is the misogynistic excuse that you can't swear in front of the 'ladies'. (You know they will swear like a fishmonger when in their own company.) Besides, why be hypocritical and swear privately and then pretend to be a monk in public? Its so fake.

There are two simple rules in my book to living in happiness -- self-expression and self-determination.

You strive to achieve both. Obviously swearing and in particular the most popular word in at a primitive level to other non-verbal expressions of emotions like music art to political expressions.
Having lived on both sides of the pond, I think folks in the States are less free to express themselves -- either through the filter of self-censorship/political correctness or the religious right.

Its only words -- sticks and stones etc when there are much more serious issues that aren't being addressed. Its clamps people down.

Ps if you don't agree, you can go feck yourself you inbred toad.

didn't Bob Knight have a more than colorful take on this that got taped and made the rounds.
Yep. To this day one of the funniest things I have ever heard. You could hear the entire crew laughing their a$$es off as he used examples of it as numerous parts of speech. Noun, verb, adjective.

Reactions: birdforbogey
ADVERTISEMENT