ADVERTISEMENT

The Mighty Quinn

Who remembers the IU pep band playing “The Mighty Quinn” at AH during the 75/76 season? I was a freshman at IU that season and recall it fondly. One of IU’s all time great leaders.
Yep, I sure do. Those were great years.

Who remembers the IU pep band playing “The Mighty Quinn” at AH during the 75/76 season? I was a freshman at IU that season and recall it fondly. One of IU’s all time great leaders.
Quinn is a very likable guy. Dakich thinks he talks too much on the Pacer broadcast. I'm not sure if I agree with Dan on it. Quinn likes to explain why something went wrong. This had a lot to do with his leadership at IU in my view. He was an extension of Coach Knight who is the one who said, "The team that makes the fewer mistakes more than likely will win.

Quinn is a very likable guy. Dakich thinks he talks too much on the Pacer broadcast. I'm not sure if I agree with Dan on it. Quinn likes to explain why something went wrong. This had a lot to do with his leadership at IU in my view. He was an extension of Coach Knight who is the one who said, "The team that makes the fewer mistakes more than likely will win.
Me thinks Dakich complaining about somebody talking too much shows a slight lack of self-awareness. What a dope.

Reactions: Cutter1973

i always thought UConn missed a big opportunity when they had Thabeet.

pep band definitely should have gone with this every time he came in.

"we got Thabeet we got Thabeet, we got Thatbeet"

Reactions: birdforbogey
RMK once commented to the effect that when he is leaving the floor, and looking up at the scoreboard after he coaches his final game he will know that he had never coached a better leader than Quinn Buckner.

Dakich thought Buckner talked too much??
OMG,that’s the pot calling the kettle black.
Can you still use that phrase?

Playing of the Mighty Quinn started his first game as a freshman & continued all 4 years. BTW Quinn’s freshman season was the first season freshmen played varsity sports. Quinn was a starting safety for Corso and started as a guard for coach Knight. He was part of the 73 final four team.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I'm certainly old enough and then some, to remember the pep band playing "Mighty Quinn." Those were some fantastic basketball years when RMK arrived to take the reins. I wished someone could locate a video of the pep band playing of the song and post it. I've searched everywhere and can't find it out there.

Reactions: Crayfish57
We all know Dakich talks too much everywhere

Buckner was 10X the player that Dakich was. Quinn also coached in bv the NBA. Quinn was at a different level.
He also won a NBA championship with Bird and the Celtics, Was on 76 olympic too wasn't he?

ADVERTISEMENT