ADVERTISEMENT

The Marching Hundred.

This on is for my dad. Gone six years. Honorary member of the Marching Hundred, PHD Dept. Education may of 68. He loved Indiana football and the Marching Hundred. Now beat Michigan State. Here we go 4 and 0.

Nice.

I was only 11 at the time, but I remember so much from that year, and especially the Bucket game.

The "peanuts" cartoon strip was big in those days, and there's a favorite photo of mine of a long banner, in separate pieces, that read "SNOOPY SAYS JOHN PONT AND TEAM HAVE GAINED MORE FAME THAN BOILER COACH JACK WHAT'S-HIS-NAME". That's my favorite picture from that year.

When I was in my '20s & '30s my football friends and family used to say we hoped IU would get back to Pasadena before we died....kind of in a joking way.....but it's not looking real likely.

BTW, I've been a band critic for a while now, but I thought the 100 looked and sounded pretty good on Saturday, and that they really maintained a lot of enthusiasm despite the heat.......I wonder if the new building is rebuilding some pride/enthusiasm.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT