ADVERTISEMENT

The listed people/things have what in common?

Ladoga

All-Big Ten
Oct 25, 2009
1. Sexism

2. Racism

3. Misogyny

4. Xenophobia

5. Suburban women

6. James Comey

7. FBI

8. Russians

9. Vladimir Putin

10. WikiLeaks

11. D.N.C.

12. Barack Obama

13. Joe Biden

14. Bernie Sanders

15. Anthony Weiner

16. Electoral College

17. Polling Data

18. Cable News

19. New York Times

20. Fake News

21. Bots

22. Facebook

23. Twitter

24. Netflix

25. TV Executives

26. ‘Anti-American forces’

27. Democrat documentaries

28. Low information voters

29. People wanting change

30. People who assumed she’d win

31. Republican Party

32. “Content farms in Macedonia’

33. Infowars

34. Goosefer

35. DC Leaks

36. Jill Stein

37. Steve Bannon

38. Voter I-D laws

39. Chief Justice John Roberts

40. KS Sec. of State, Kris Kobach

41. Citizens United

42. Colluding Trump officials

43. Benghazi

44. Rep. Kevin McCarthy

45. Gen. Michael Flynn

46. Julian Assange

47. Roger Stone

48. Reddit

49. Drudge Report

50. Alex Jones

51. Russia Today (RT)

52. Sputnik Network

53. Robert Mercer

54. Koch brothers

55. NBC’S Matt Lauer

56. Fox News Channel

1. Sexism

2. Racism

3. Misogyny

4. Xenophobia

5. Suburban women

6. James Comey

7. FBI

8. Russians

9. Vladimir Putin

10. WikiLeaks

11. D.N.C.

12. Barack Obama

13. Joe Biden

14. Bernie Sanders

15. Anthony Weiner

16. Electoral College

17. Polling Data

18. Cable News

19. New York Times

20. Fake News

21. Bots

22. Facebook

23. Twitter

24. Netflix

25. TV Executives

26. ‘Anti-American forces’

27. Democrat documentaries

28. Low information voters

29. People wanting change

30. People who assumed she’d win

31. Republican Party

32. “Content farms in Macedonia’

33. Infowars

34. Goosefer

35. DC Leaks

36. Jill Stein

37. Steve Bannon

38. Voter I-D laws

39. Chief Justice John Roberts

40. KS Sec. of State, Kris Kobach

41. Citizens United

42. Colluding Trump officials

43. Benghazi

44. Rep. Kevin McCarthy

45. Gen. Michael Flynn

46. Julian Assange

47. Roger Stone

48. Reddit

49. Drudge Report

50. Alex Jones

51. Russia Today (RT)

52. Sputnik Network

53. Robert Mercer

54. Koch brothers

55. NBC’S Matt Lauer

56. Fox News Channel
I will guess these are things or people that HRC blames for her loss to Trump.

Surprise, surprise. The list is simply plagiarized from this article. Ironically, Jarrett had published a list of 43 reasons just the day before. Guess he was under deadline, and couldn't finish the book.
So good guess on my part. I hadn't seen the article or read her book, but I have heard her book tour described as a "blame tour" so it wasn't a difficult guess.

So good guess on my part. I hadn't seen the article or read her book, but I have heard her book tour described as a "blame tour" so it wasn't a difficult guess.
No, good guess on your part. The sarcastic "surprise, surprise" is Ladoga passing it off as...I dunno. Something relevant? Something profound? Something original? Whatever he thought this thread was, it's just a giant *eyeroll*.

No, good guess on your part. The sarcastic "surprise, surprise" is Ladoga passing it off as...I dunno. Something relevant? Something profound? Something original? Whatever he thought this thread was, it's just a giant *eyeroll*.
Going through the list, I am at a loss how she can blame some of those people or things for her loss. What did Matt Lauer or John Roberts do to contribute to her loss? Did Jill Stein win enough votes in any state to alter the outcome even in that state, let alone the electoral college results? If so, I haven't read it.

Going through the list, I am at a loss how she can blame some of those people or things for her loss. What did Matt Lauer or John Roberts do to contribute to her loss? Did Jill Stein win enough votes in any state to alter the outcome even in that state, let alone the electoral college results? If so, I haven't read it.
That's because you're incorrectly conflating factor with cause. This isn't a but-for situation.

I've been a pretty vocal "go away hillary" democrat, but this "blame tour" crap is just nonsense. There are probably 500 things that contributed to her loss, and everything on that list is one of them. This is only a target for people so obsessed with her that simply beating her isn't enough to satisfy their sick psuedo-sexual fetish.

That's because you're incorrectly conflating factor with cause. This isn't a but-for situation.

I've been a pretty vocal "go away hillary" democrat, but this "blame tour" crap is just nonsense. There are probably 500 things that contributed to her loss, and everything on that list is one of them. This is only a target for people so obsessed with her that simply beating her isn't enough to satisfy their sick psuedo-sexual fetish.
"The liberal left" is why I voted against her.

I haven't read the book, but I do hear from people on the left (even Bernie people who don't like her) who did, that she does totally own the loss as being her fault and that she and her campaign should have been prepared for the type of campaign that happened.

A lot of the spin of "excuses" is the usual "let's cherry-pick stuff about Clinton that has a grain of truth to it and spin it without context" that has plagued her through her entire career.

Lauer spent about ten minutes in the Commander in Chief forum just asking about Clinton's e-mails while not following up on Trump.

I'd guess Roberts refers to Citizens United.

As far as Stein goes, her votes going to Hillary would have flipped Michigan (it'd only take 1/5th of Stein's votes there) + Wisconsin to Hillary and Pennsylvania would have been very close.

Last edited:
I haven't read the book, but I do hear from people on the left (even Bernie people who don't like her) who did, that she does totally own the loss as being her fault and that she and her campaign should have been prepared for the type of campaign that happened.

A lot of the spin of "excuses" is the usual "let's cherry-pick stuff about Clinton that has a grain of truth to it and spin it without context" that has plagued her through her entire career.

Lauer spent about ten minutes in the Commander in Chief forum just asking about Clinton's e-mails while not following up on Trump.

As far as Stein goes, her votes going to Hillary would have flipped Michigan (it'd only take 1/5th of Stein's votes here) + Wisconsin to Hillary and Pennsylvania would have been very close.
I'm sure the criticism of her isn't all fair but I think it's time for her to go away. I don't think she's helping Democrats move forward now.

Matt Lauer interviewed Trump and gave him all softballs. He lied a couple times and wasn't pushed on it. Lauer was criticized widely after. Jill Stein, I'm not sure, but since she lost by such a small amount in a couple states, I'd assume her voters would make a difference. I haven't read her book but I will. From hearing her speak on it several times already, I think as usual, people are focusing on one or two things out of a 400 page book. And in her interviews, she also takes blame herself for many things. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

As far as Stein goes, her votes going to Hillary would have flipped Michigan (it'd only take 1/5th of Stein's votes here) + Wisconsin to Hillary and Pennsylvania would have been very close.
I'm sure the criticism of her isn't all fair but I think it's time for her to go away. I don't think she's helping Democrats move forward now.
Should Bernie go away too? I know Goat said he is the most popular Democrat today, but Hillary is still very popular. And actually, as Bernie repeatedly tells us, he isn't a Democrat. She has started a foundation to encourage women candidates to run and there are more and more women that are doing so. Women are fueling many of the calls to representatives that are helping to influence issues right now, such as health care and DACA. There are millions of women who don't want Hillary to go away. I'm one of them.

Should Bernie go away too? I know Goat said he is the most popular Democrat today, but Hillary is still very popular. And actually, as Bernie repeatedly tells us, he isn't a Democrat. She has started a foundation to encourage women candidates to run and there are more and more women that are doing so. Women are fueling many of the calls to representatives that are helping to influence issues right now, such as health care and DACA. There are millions of women who don't want Hillary to go away. I'm one of them.
He's not the most popular Democrat. He's the most popular politician. Big difference.

Isn't Bernie still very popular? I heard on he radio yesterday that Hillary is more unpopular than Trump on only a little more popular than Congress and we know that's very unpopular. Don't know if that's true because I didn't look it up but I seriously think she hurts Democrats more than helps now. We both voted for her but she lost to the worst candidate and person ever to run for President. She reminds Democrats of that by being out in the spotlight so I don't think she helps our cause much. She can do all that good work she is doing and stay out of the spotlight.

Isn't Bernie still very popular? I heard on he radio yesterday that Hillary is more unpopular than Trump on only a little more popular than Congress and we know that's very unpopular. Don't know if that's true because I didn't look it up but I seriously think she hurts Democrats more than helps now. We both voted for her but she lost to the worst candidate and person ever to run for President. She reminds Democrats of that by being out in the spotlight so I don't think she helps our cause much. She can do all that good work she is doing and stay out of the spotlight.
There have been at least four polls this year on the subject. In all four, Sanders is the only active politician whom a majority of voters view favorably.

I say "active" because Obama isn't usually included, but when he is, he is the only one who outperforms Bernie.

Most recent from August:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/347811-poll-mcconnell-the-countrys-least-popular-politician

Reactions: MrBing

I think any loser could list 56 factors that contributed to his/her loss.

Citizens United didn't contribute to her loss. Significantly more money (2.5 to 3 times as much if I recall correctly) was spent supporting HRC than Trump.

Damn bad OP I guess since you've only responded 7 times in it. Cut and pasted from an article in which the author listed 56 reasons that Clinton named in her book as things or people that caused her to lose.

There is a 57th reason, the principle reason. Its the name on the front of the book.

Damn bad OP I guess since you've only responded 7 times in it. Cut and pasted from an article in which the author listed 56 reasons that Clinton named in her book as things or people that caused her to lose.

There is a 57th reason, the principle reason. Its the name on the front of the book.
Lol you didn't even read the article you copied from. Hilarious.

1. It was not original it cme form an article about her book
2. Its irrelevant to the extent that you can't keep your hand off the thread - is it 7 post by you know?
3. Profound? Enough for Clinton to list all those in her fabulous new book.

4. You are eaten up with hate.
5. You must spend many waking moments waiting for a post by me so you can respond with your regular insults.

What I haven't seen on the book tour is someone asking her point blank WTF she was thinking when she set up the email server? Why in the fsck did she think that was a good idea? Why in the fsck did she think she could/should operate outside the norm? And why in the fsck did she think she could get away with it? Without the email server there would have been no Comey investigation, and without the Comey investigation she very well may have been elected. I personally was livid when the news initially broke, knowing that it proved her detractors right. And I still am. I'm convinced it was that decision that led to President Trump.

What I haven't seen on the book tour is someone asking her point blank WTF she was thinking when she set up the email server? Why in the fsck did she think that was a good idea? Why in the fsck did she think she could/should operate outside the norm? And why in the fsck did she think she could get away with it? Without the email server there would have been no Comey investigation, and without the Comey investigation she very well may have been elected. I personally was livid when the news initially broke, knowing that it proved her detractors right. And I still am. I'm convinced it was that decision that led to President Trump.
I'm with you! I think that was a YUGELY and BIGLY stupid thing to do and I think it was prolly the biggest factor for losing the election. I was a big Hillary supporter in 2008 and still was a solid supporter until that broke. As an intel officer that handles classified information every day having classified information in her system was a deal breaker for my support in the 2016 primary. But I still had to vote for her in the general election because the alternative was too awful. We got him anyway and I believe she deserves most of the blame for that. Zeke doesn't agree with me but I think she hurts Democrats by staying in the public eye. I do agree with Zeke that she can do good things for the party and America but I don't think she needs to be running around the country promoting her book to do that.

The private email server was a perfect example of the arrogant entitled crap the Clintons always pull. (See also Bill Clinton barging onto Loretta Lynch's plane.) The massive over-reaction to it was a perfect example of the Clinton rules under which the media breathlessly report every Clinton pseudo-scandal. Add to this Jim Comey's egregious behavior, and you got public perceptions like this:

trump-clinton-word-clouds.png

I think much of the Clintons' negative press is unfair, but having voted for Hillary in both the primary and the general election, I'd be happy to never read about the Clintons again.

The private email server was a perfect example of the arrogant entitled crap the Clintons always pull. (See also Bill Clinton barging onto Loretta Lynch's plane.) The massive over-reaction to it was a perfect example of the Clinton rules under which the media breathlessly report every Clinton pseudo-scandal.
Exactly. You think after thirty or forty years they would have learned, wouldn't you? That's arrogance and entitlement to the Nth degree.
Add to this Jim Comey's egregious behavior,
Comey took himself and his role in all this way too seriously, but it still goes back to Clinton herself -- had she not thought she was exempt from the normal norms and rules, there would have been no email scandal and no Comey involvement. The email setup and the resulting scandal was at the root of all the negative publicity, it showed that her detractors were right about how the Clintons thought they were "above" and "different" from the rest of those in public service, and cost her the support of reasonable people like Bing.

The private email server was a perfect example of the arrogant entitled crap the Clintons always pull. (See also Bill Clinton barging onto Loretta Lynch's plane.) The massive over-reaction to it was a perfect example of the Clinton rules under which the media breathlessly report every Clinton pseudo-scandal. Add to this Jim Comey's egregious behavior, and you got public perceptions like this:

trump-clinton-word-clouds.png

I think much of the Clintons' negative press is unfair, but having voted for Hillary in both the primary and the general election, I'd be happy to never read about the Clintons again.
This nails it. I'll be glad when they are gone, but that doesn't make this Clinton Derangement Syndrome any more palatable.

Reactions: DrHoops
Hillary will be blamed for every screw-up that happens until at least 2099 even though she is faultless on much of the stuff that happens

Hillary will be blamed for every screw-up that happens until at least 2099 even though she is faultless on much of the stuff that happens

The hatred of Hillary goes all the way back to 70s when she didn't immediately take Bill's last name after they were married. It was actually first used as an attack against her and Bill in a democratic primary in Arkansas, but that never sat well with self labeled "conservatives" in Arkansas (or anywhere else). Just that stuff with comments she made over the years about not staying in the kitchen and making cookies or whatever the hell she said. She was a strong, intelligent, and independent woman who was the antithesis of what was the "conservative" movement at the time. The image of the strong independent woman didn't sit well with the likes of Phyllis Schlafly and Anita Bryant. Women like Hillary didn't fit the whole "mom and apple pie" movement. Hillary has been the target of self labeled "conservatives" ever since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT