ADVERTISEMENT

The left could loose this election.

Fox News has decades of creating the narrative that Democrats are the enemy. Californians are not Americans. Big city elites are not Americans. These people truly believe all of this. They hate these people and they will rise up with violence against them. Many can’t wait

Mmhmm

Sorry, but what bull shit. As is blaming Trump because the left's useful idiots cannot behave themselves in Portland, Seattle, D.C., Chicago, etc. And spare me the race angle, most of the asshats in those cities have been white, leftist, dead enders. Trump did not have shit to do with George Floyd.

The lawlessness of the summer is a your party problem. It is happening because of dipshits who ascribe to the most extreme version of the party you support in areas that are exclusively ran by said party. Your and the Democrats attempts at gaslighting not withstanding.

Your party's problem is discounting the broader and mainstream BLM message by focusing on every instance of extreme and unnecessary violence as the real problem facing America.

Sorry, but what bull shit. As is blaming Trump because the left's useful idiots cannot behave themselves in Portland, Seattle, D.C., Chicago, etc. And spare me the race angle, most of the asshats in those cities have been white, leftist, dead enders. Trump did not have shit to do with George Floyd.

The lawlessness of the summer is a your party problem. It is happening because of dipshits who ascribe to the most extreme version of the party you support in areas that are exclusively ran by said party. Your and the Democrats attempts at gaslighting not withstanding.
Such self-righteousness!!

There's a job opening at Liberty University . . . I'd say you're qualified, Crazy!

Reactions: hoosboot

Things haven't been this bad in the US in 50 years. If you honestly believe that Trump as president bears no responsibility for this shitshow, after four years of divisive, indendiary rhetoric and a never-ending fanning of the flames, you're delusional.

Your party's problem is discounting the broader and mainstream BLM message by focusing on every instance of extreme and unnecessary violence as the real problem facing America.
My guess is that backlash to blm is now as strong as support for blm. I saw a poll the other day that only 49 percent of registered voters support blm. Now that doesn’t have to benefit trump nor hurt Biden. It’s just that blm has been hurt by protests and riots which to most are linked.

Reactions: jet812
Things haven't been this bad in the US in 50 years. If you honestly believe that Trump as president bears no responsibility for this shitshow, after four years of divisive, indendiary rhetoric and a never-ending fanning of the flames, you're delusional.

So these people are so consumed by their hatred of Trump that he has compelled them to riot? Spare me. Grown ups are able to control themselves on things like that..."but, but black people have been dealing with..." As stated before, black people are not the main people ripping up Portland every night. Leftist, white, dead enders. The left's equivalent to the tiki torch morons in Charlottesville. Except the tiki torch guys got rolled up and have not been putting their head up. "But they drove through Portland protesting" And? The little lefty piss ants in Pirtland are so sensitive that a flag or a Trump supporter sets them off? If having someone posing a contra opinion to yours causes you to try and burn down police stations and loot businesses, that is a you problem, not them. "Trump says things where I just have to respond." That's the political equivalent of a stained wife beater clad idiot saying his wife made him hit her because she called him a lazy slob.

Trump's election was enough for them, stop making excuses. "He says mean things." Like calling your opponents enemies of the state? Like telling your supporters to "get in the face" of people they don't agree with? Get over your ****ing selves. Trump did not cause this, the idiots rioting, looting, harassing people at restaurants is all on them. It is not Trump voters out there doing that. It is not happening in places where there is a good mix of red and blue or areas that are predominantly red. It is Democratic voters in areas that are almost exclusively run and inhabited by Democratic voters.

And they will keep doing it because people like you who want to say "Trump, Trump, Trump" fail to put the blame where it belongs. Body count is currently up to 3 in Kenosha and Portland (not counting the deaths of others like a former IU football player earlier in the summer), how many more before you demand more of your leadership?

Nixon wasn't the incumbent. Don't you see the fallacy in thinking that things are terrible, let's reelect the President?

I think it will play well with his base. But if Trump's policies,words/actions inflame tensions and angry people take to the streets in increasing numbers,what rational person thinks BLM and people on the left are miraculously going to stop voicing their anger if Trump is given another term? His way is NOT working- but hey let's give him more oppty to make matters worse?

Do people really not understand that another popular vote loss/narrow Trump EC victory is the worst possible outcome in terms of ending civil unrest? People hate Trump- they want him gone. Propping him up like an unpopular dictator is just going to make people more angry and desperate.

If you want 4 more years of the summer of 2020 with the situation just deteriorating daily as more and more people lose faith in the electoral process then vote for the wannabe dictator. THIS is Trump's America, and a few midwestern states repeating the mistake they made in 2016 in Nov is only going to increase tensions, not dispel them. Esp if people feel the election was stolen...

I think it will play well with his base. But if Trump's policies,words/actions inflame tensions and angry people take to the streets in increasing numbers,what rational person thinks BLM and people on the left are miraculously going to stop voicing their anger if Trump is given another term? His way is NOT working- but hey let's give him more oppty to make matters worse?

Do people really not understand that another popular vote loss/narrow Trump EC victory is the worst possible outcome in terms of ending civil unrest? People hate Trump- they want him gone. Propping him up like an unpopular dictator is just going to make people more angry and desperate.

If you want 4 more years of the summer of 2020 with the situation just deteriorating daily as more and more people lose faith in the electoral process then vote for the wannabe dictator. THIS is Trump's America, and a few midwestern states repeating the mistake they made in 2016 in Nov is only going to increase tensions, not dispel them. Esp if people feel the election was stolen...

Like a child throwing a temper tantrum. "Do what I want or I will keep breaking my toys."

Hey, I am not voting for Biden, I am not your target audience so whatever. But the polls have Biden's team worried. There is a reason they yanked him out of the basement to throw some words about "not rioting" right before blaming it on Trump. I get it, after people like Kamala Harris were throwing money to bail these looters out, about the only trick left in the book is to try and say that Trump made them do it.

Trump has phucked up the pandemic response and the economy is in the crapper, so all he's got is the "law and order" theme. But as bawlmer and others have suggested, the law and order messaging worked for Nixon in '68 because he wasn't the incumbent. As we move past Labor Day and people start paying closer attention, they'll realize the absurdity of Trump's position. He's running ads depicting violence in the streets with a somber voiceover that this will be Biden's America when, in fact, the video clips are from this summer, in Trump's America. Logically, the message is essentially, "Vote for me and I'll save you from myself." And sorry Trumpers, but the "it's the Dems' fault" argument doesn't fly. Last I checked, Trump is president of the entire country, even Kenosha, which he's visiting today (solely for a photo op, of course, but you get the point).

Granted Trump is the incumbent president while Nixon wasn't.

However Trump is focusing on cities with Demoractic mayors and or governors. The message being, a Leftist in charge of the country will result in the entire nation ending up like Portland.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You need the votes that might just turn on feeling danger in their cities. The last law and order election gave us Nixon.

Actually the last law and order election was George H. Bush when Willie Horton furlough adds took down Mike Dukakis

"what rational person thinks BLM and people on the left are miraculously going to stop voicing their anger if Trump is given another term?" oh i don't know: democracy. elections. the "not my president" cry babies need to grow the F up. organize. get better leaders. have better messages. then maybe dems can win. your post is the mentality of a child.

Granted Trump is the incumbent president while Nixon wasn't.

However Trump is focusing on cities with Demoractic mayors and or governors. The message being, a Leftist in charge of the country will result in the entire nation ending up like Portland.
Exactly.

"what rational person thinks BLM and people on the left are miraculously going to stop voicing their anger if Trump is given another term?" oh i don't know: democracy. elections. the "not my president" cry babies need to grow the F up. organize. get better leaders. have better messages. then maybe dems can win. your post is the mentality of a child.

You get it.

The China virus might make this a close race. If it didn't happen it would be 1984 all over again.

Why do you call it “the China Virus”? I’m curious.

Also, The COVID-19 response by the Trump administration is the “emperor has no clothes” moment for the Trump admin. As it continues to spread in “Trump’s America”, it’ll be tougher for people to continue to support him in those areas.

I do think it would’ve been a very close election without COVID-19 happening. But with it? We could see a blowout of epic proportions.

The Trump base is extremely vocal, and visible. But, there’s not enough of them to carry the day on their own.

Don’t forget the small, but significant amount of republicans that are staunchly anti-Trump. Those folks just can’t sit back and watch Trump destroy the foundations of our country, and many have actually claimed (publicly!) that they’ll vote for Biden this time.

Serious question- what’s your take on the folks in the Lincoln project? Or former republicans who have made it their mission to ensure that Trump doesn’t have a second term?

I’d love to hear how those folks are viewed from the folks that love Trump. It’s not as if they have a ton to gain right now by turning away from Trump. I suspect I know the answer, but shouldn’t the sheer volume of these folks at least give you a little pause?

I can’t ever remember a similar dynamic in any general presidential election. Possibly the folks that were ant-Wallace, but he wasn’t the standard bearer for the Republican Party at that time.

It's about ratcheting up irrational fear of lawlessness.

Obviously, every square inch of Portland is a burning war zone.
Obviously, every square inch of Chicago is ruled by murderous non-white thugs.
Obviously, every decent American needs to take up arms to battle this Antifa-backed Bidenism.

How many speeches has Trump given where he indicated he wants to be everyone's President? I'd guess much more often there's something about how bad things were under Obama and the Democrats. We're reaping what he's sown.

Obviously, every decent American needs to take up arms to battle this Antifa-backed Bidenism.
IKR?

Only parts of Portland have been burning for more than 90 days and the murders in Chicago are only the worst in 50 years.

Why the heck would anyone be worried?

That was some impressive gaslighting right there.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Did you say those things when the Tea Party was having its temper-tantrums?

Reactions: UncleMark

Why do you call it “the China Virus”? I’m curious.

Also, The COVID-19 response by the Trump administration is the “emperor has no clothes” moment for the Trump admin. As it continues to spread in “Trump’s America”, it’ll be tougher for people to continue to support him in those areas.

I do think it would’ve been a very close election without COVID-19 happening. But with it? We could see a blowout of epic proportions.

The Trump base is extremely vocal, and visible. But, there’s not enough of them to carry the day on their own.

Don’t forget the small, but significant amount of republicans that are staunchly anti-Trump. Those folks just can’t sit back and watch Trump destroy the foundations of our country, and many have actually claimed (publicly!) that they’ll vote for Biden this time.

Serious question- what’s your take on the folks in the Lincoln project? Or former republicans who have made it their mission to ensure that Trump doesn’t have a second term?

I’d love to hear how those folks are viewed from the folks that love Trump. It’s not as if they have a ton to gain right now by turning away from Trump. I suspect I know the answer, but shouldn’t the sheer volume of these folks at least give you a little pause?

I can’t ever remember a similar dynamic in any general presidential election. Possibly the folks that were ant-Wallace, but he wasn’t the standard bearer for the Republican Party at that time.

Do you "love" Biden? I mean you support his policies and are apparently going to vote for him so that must mean you love him and support everything he has ever done, right?

And if that is not the case, why do you think that Trump voters (by and large-there are fan boys for sure) do not view the election as simply, "I think these ideas are better to move forward with than those"?

As to the never Trumpers and Lincoln project folks, Trump pivoted away from the party on some pretty big topics. Namely the "military industrial complex" that Eisenhower warned people of. Trump is the first President in quite a long time that I can remember who has not added a country to our invasion list. He has not wrapped up what was left to him, but he did not add to the list. Many of the people who are part of the Lincoln Project were those labeled as "neocons" in the past. They were more interested in flexing muscle for an American empire than they were in conservative issues. They paid lip service to the abortion folks and the social cons because they were voting for the party that was helping then reshape the world in their image. Trump is a major departure from that. As he is also a major departure from "what is good for Corporate America is good for America" thought. Many of you on the left have been complaining for years about the wage gap and when you finally got a guy in office from the right who is sympathetic to that view, you refuse to even consider working with him.

So Republican voters finally started "voting in their interests" like you guys have been claiming they have failed to do for decades and the people who used to run the show are not happy about it. I think we all agree the equilibrium was broke, Trump represents a pro labor position that leans more to the right on other issues and a good deal of the working class is amenable to those ideas. A little moderate economic policy without all of the social stuff that they find disagreeable. Like it or not, for many the people in Portland literally flinging poo, burning the American flag, yanking down statues of founding fathers, rioting, etc., etc. are the face of the Democrats. And the Democrats who run these places have done little to deter them from that thought. Your Vice Presidential candidate was donating to funds to bail these same people out of jail. I don't "love" Trump. I just don't like the party that Biden represents.

How many stores did the Tea Party loot? How many cities did they riot and destroy? How many people died at Tea Party "peaceful protests"?

There is no comparison Sope. If the behavior was consistent across both groups, there would be no complaint.

Reactions: IUJIM
Like a child throwing a temper tantrum. "Do what I want or I will keep breaking my toys."

Hey, I am not voting for Biden, I am not your target audience so whatever. But the polls have Biden's team worried. There is a reason they yanked him out of the basement to throw some words about "not rioting" right before blaming it on Trump. I get it, after people like Kamala Harris were throwing money to bail these looters out, about the only trick left in the book is to try and say that Trump made them do it.
You are a walking embodiment of the Trump phenomenon . . . accuse others of exactly what you do. There's a reckoning coming for folks like you . . . and you'll have only yourself to blame.

Trump is saying that the "Democrat cities" made me do all this stuff . . . he's on track to start a civil war in the US, and you're right there stoking him on. Sow the wind . . . .

Reactions: Circlejoe
The people aren't protesting because of Trump, and the things they are protesting about aren't going to go away with any election. By playing the law and order card in this way, Trump is signaling that he thinks his voters are idiots.

Do you "love" Biden? I mean you support his policies and are apparently going to vote for him so that must mean you love him and support everything he has ever done, right?

And if that is not the case, why do you think that Trump voters (by and large-there are fan boys for sure) do not view the election as simply, "I think these ideas are better to move forward with than those"?

As to the never Trumpers and Lincoln project folks, Trump pivoted away from the party on some pretty big topics. Namely the "military industrial complex" that Eisenhower warned people of. Trump is the first President in quite a long time that I can remember who has not added a country to our invasion list. He has not wrapped up what was left to him, but he did not add to the list. Many of the people who are part of the Lincoln Project were those labeled as "neocons" in the past. They were more interested in flexing muscle for an American empire than they were in conservative issues. They paid lip service to the abortion folks and the social cons because they were voting for the party that was helping then reshape the world in their image. Trump is a major departure from that. As he is also a major departure from "what is good for Corporate America is good for America" thought. Many of you on the left have been complaining for years about the wage gap and when you finally got a guy in office from the right who is sympathetic to that view, you refuse to even consider working with him.

So Republican voters finally started "voting in their interests" like you guys have been claiming they have failed to do for decades and the people who used to run the show are not happy about it. I think we all agree the equilibrium was broke, Trump represents a pro labor position that leans more to the right on other issues and a good deal of the working class is amenable to those ideas. A little moderate economic policy without all of the social stuff that they find disagreeable. Like it or not, for many the people in Portland literally flinging poo, burning the American flag, yanking down statues of founding fathers, rioting, etc., etc. are the face of the Democrats. And the Democrats who run these places have done little to deter them from that thought. Your Vice Presidential candidate was donating to funds to bail these same people out of jail. I don't "love" Trump. I just don't like the party that Biden represents.

What are these Trump ideas you speak of?

I don't care who it is - the "not my president" is BS and undermines the central tenets of what we are supposed to be as a society. we have elections for a reason. if the premise behind same is that the election was truly corrupted fine. but absent that the "not my president" and whoever pouts the most should win will never fly with me.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Leading up to the 2016 election, Trump assured us that all of the lawlessness in Democrat controlled US cities was about to end if he were elected.

Leading up to the 2020 election, Trump is assuring us that all of the lawlessness in Democrat controlled US cities is about to end if he is re-elected.

How does that make sense?

The people aren't protesting because of Trump, and the things they are protesting about aren't going to go away with any election. By playing the law and order card in this way, Trump is signaling that he thinks his voters are idiots.
all of that is even beside the point goat. the dumbest part of the law and order charge is that absent sending in federal troops law and order is a local issue. at it's most rudimentary it's a silly platform.

The difference between your post and hoot's is that he's explaining Trump's strategy, while you're agreeing with it.
i don't mean to convey that - as i posted responding to goat i think the strategy is generally stupid as it's not even a federal issue; it's a local issue. that said the electorate is stupid so probably a decent strategy.

I don't care who it is - the "not my president" is BS and undermines the central tenets of what we are supposed to be as a society. we have elections for a reason. if the premise behind same is that the election was truly corrupted fine. but absent that the "not my president" and whoever pouts the most should win will never fly with me.
I think the premise has all along been that the 2016 election was truly corrupted, and Trump and his ilk are bound and determined to queer the 2020 election as well.

You hid the real issue among a bunch of hooey . . . .

I think the premise has all along been that the 2016 election was truly corrupted, and Trump and his ilk are bound and determined to queer the 2020 election as well.

You hid the real issue among a bunch of hooey . . . .
disagree. the image of the woman screaming in 2016 wasn't over a corrupted election. it was because she hated trump. people aren't screaming "not my president" over election interference; they're screaming it because: 1) they hate trump and 2) they don't like his policies

So these people are so consumed by their hatred of Trump that he has compelled them to riot? Spare me. Grown ups are able to control themselves on things like that..."but, but black people have been dealing with..." As stated before, black people are not the main people ripping up Portland every night. Leftist, white, dead enders. The left's equivalent to the tiki torch morons in Charlottesville. Except the tiki torch guys got rolled up and have not been putting their head up. "But they drove through Portland protesting" And? The little lefty piss ants in Pirtland are so sensitive that a flag or a Trump supporter sets them off? If having someone posing a contra opinion to yours causes you to try and burn down police stations and loot businesses, that is a you problem, not them. "Trump says things where I just have to respond." That's the political equivalent of a stained wife beater clad idiot saying his wife made him hit her because she called him a lazy slob.

Trump's election was enough for them, stop making excuses. "He says mean things." Like calling your opponents enemies of the state? Like telling your supporters to "get in the face" of people they don't agree with? Get over your ****ing selves. Trump did not cause this, the idiots rioting, looting, harassing people at restaurants is all on them. It is not Trump voters out there doing that. It is not happening in places where there is a good mix of red and blue or areas that are predominantly red. It is Democratic voters in areas that are almost exclusively run and inhabited by Democratic voters.

And they will keep doing it because people like you who want to say "Trump, Trump, Trump" fail to put the blame where it belongs. Body count is currently up to 3 in Kenosha and Portland (not counting the deaths of others like a former IU football player earlier in the summer), how many more before you demand more of your leadership?
This is Trump's America, whether you care to admit it or not. And it's gone to hell in a hand basket.

These are the words of Trump's former Secretary of Defense, General Mattis:

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - - does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership."

Trump is a new strain of son of a bitch. It's too bad your blind party loyalty prevents you from seeing that.

Reactions: Cortez88
Those protesters in Portland needed some pepper spray.

They "Need" a rifle butt to the chops...

In my opinion, they long, long ago crossed the line from "peaceful protestors" over to that of Domestic Terrorists and should be treated accordingly...

Last edited:

President Trump is responsible for the single greatest failure in Presidential leadership in American history. He makes every problem worse from his involvement, so he encourages the most extreme version of the party you support to cause more problems. That's the reality that you have to own and that's why moderate, experienced, level-headed Joe Biden is the antidote to the disaster that stems from your boy's failures. Biden is the right guy for the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT