ADVERTISEMENT

The latest stat: It appears that China is not the leader in Chinese Virus

Of course China cannot be trusted. We must trust what our president says. Right, stoll?

Has Trump falsified the statistics? How can that even be possible since each state and jurisdictions within the state report their own stats?

If you are going to bash the president at least do it in a way that doesn't make you look like a dumbass and insults the intelligence of the rest of us.

Will the hospitals and doctors be required to reimburse Medicare with the inflated dollars they initially received?
They should.
I think I've posted here. My wife had a minor infection or something like that. That was a half a year ago or so. Instead of driving half an hour to her regular doctor, I suggested that we go to a hospital urgent care, just 5 minutes away. they kept there to test a few things, and we came home. A few days later, we got a bill for somewhere near $4500! Her insurance paid most of it minus co-payment of nearing $1000, that I wound up paying.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Has Trump falsified the statistics? How can that even be possible since each state and jurisdictions within the state report their own stats?

If you are going to bash the president at least do it in a way that doesn't make you look like a dumbass and insults the intelligence of the rest of us.

Their sickness overwhelms them.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
They should.
I think I've posted here. My wife had a minor infection or something like that. That was a half a year ago or so. Instead of driving half an hour to her regular doctor, I suggested that we go to a hospital urgent care, just 5 minutes away. they kept there to test a few things, and we came home. A few days later, we got a bill for somewhere near $4500! Her insurance paid most of it minus co-payment of nearing $1000, that I wound up paying.

what did they do that added up to $4500?

They should.

:eek::eek:

How much do you pay for your insurance premiums then? Sounds like everyone is just kicking the can down the road. In ten year's time, you cant afford to see a doctor unless its some terminal disease or something major like loss of a limp. Anything else you self-medicate.

1k deductible for a minor infection? WTF. I think Singaporeans will pay like 40-60 bucks for everything, test included. (Being only a permanent resident, I will have to pay probably double of that.)

Would be broke after my 1st bike accident back. (I just had a bike accident yesterday too! Some local idiot ran into me at speed. Didnt even have time to react and use my brakes.)

I am getting out of S'pore because in the long run, I cant afford to live here especially, with my track record of accidents and injuries I definitely cant afford to live in the States anymore unless I am permanently wrapped with bubble wrap. Malaysia has this $0.25 cent program where your fees will be limited to that!

Hopefully its still around when I eventually move up north. (I have tried it for dentist treatment when I drove into the southern tip of Malaysia. Got my teeth scaled for a quarter! (I paid like another buck fifty for the one-time admin charges.)

Last edited:
That's such a dumb chart.... I'm embarrassed for the idiot that put it together. The things that are wrong with that are too numerous to list. This kind of crap is why drives hysteria. Do better NYT.
Shorter version: you don't like what you see.

Are you serious? He has been lying right and left! Here are some of the things he lied that I remember:

1) March 25: "The US has done far more testing than any other nation by far."
- Really? What are the meanings of "any other nation"? Which nations is he talking about? Bangladesh? Ethiopia? Congo? Sumatra?

2) When asked about WHO data on the death rate: "I think the 3.4% is really a false number. I think the number is way under 1%."

- How did he conclude that 3.4% is a false number?
- Do you trust his number or the number the experts in this business say? If the former, you are even more clueless than I thought.

3) March 7: "Very soon, we're going to come up [with a vaccine]."
- Scientists say realistically, one won't be ready until next year.

Question to you, CO.: Do you consider "next year" very soon? If you do, I apologize. ;)
Also, do you trust the scientists or Trump's gut feelings/wishes/lies?

4) Feb. 29: "We've taken the most aggressive actions to confront the CoronaVirus. They are the most aggressive taken by any country."

- Do you really believe this sh*t? All I have seen so far is his disparaging China and other nations, bragging what a great man he is, ditching Obama, etc. If you call such behaviour heroic, that's your prerogative, not mine nor any other thinking person's.

With all due respect, I am shocked to see your blind loyalty. You are a very intelligent man. Why are you wasting your intelligence?

I look like a dumbass? Thanks for the compliment. Coming from you, I feel deeply honoured!

Epilogue: Sorry for the continuing changes to my reply. I kept being interrupted during the typing of my reply.

Last edited:
Are you serious? He has been lying right and left! Here are some of the things he lied that I remember:

1) March 25: "The US has done far more testing than any other nation by far."
- Really? What are the meanings of "any other nation"? Which nations is he talking about? Bangladesh? Ethiopia? Congo? Sumatra?

2) When asked about WHO data on the death rate: "I think the 3.4% is really a false number. I think the number is way under 1%."

- How did he conclude that 3.4% is a false number?
- Do you trust his number or the number the experts in this business says? If the former, you are even more clueless than I thought.

3) March 7: "Very soon, we're going to come up [with a vaccine]."
- Scientists say realistically, one won't be ready until next year.

Question to you, CO.: Do you consider "next year" very soon? If you do, I apologize. ;)
Also, do you trust the scientists or Trump's gut feelings/wishes/lies?

4) Feb. 29: "We've taken the most aggressive actions to confront the CoronaVirus. They are the most aggressive taken by any country."

- Do you really believe this sh*t? All I have seen so far is his disparaging China and other nations, bragging what a great man he is, ditching Obama, etc. If you call such behaviour heroic, that's your prerogative, not mine nor any other thinking person's.

With all due respect, I am shocked to see your blind loyalty. You are a very intelligent man. Why are you wasting your intelligence?

I look like a dumbass? Thanks for the compliment. Coming from you, I feel deeply honoured!

Prologue: Sorry for the continuing changes to my reply. I kept being interrupted during the typing of my reply.

China may be under-reporting their numbers but I don't think that we should be too harsh on them as they were far quicker and more open about the virus than you might expect from past behaviour as with other epidemics. They had released the genetic codes of the virus in mid-Jan to enable everyone to develop test kits and work on vaccines.
I think we should be encouraging them to be even more open rather than trying to scapegoat them as US/UK are trying to do, in many cases to distract from their own woeful performance.

Reactions: meridian
China may be under-reporting their numbers but I don't think that we should be too harsh on them as they were far quicker and more open about the virus than you might expect from past behaviour as with other epidemics. They had released the genetic codes of the virus in mid-Jan to enable everyone to develop test kits and work on vaccines.
I think we should be encouraging them to be even more open rather than trying to scapegoat them as US/UK are trying to do, in many cases to distract from their own woeful performance.
I would say they have behaved much better than our president. I don't remember them spending/wasting enormous time trashing our president or the US unlike what our president has been doing. It really is a disgrace. He should be spending his time trying to solve the problem together instead.

Reactions: sglowrider
I would say they have behaved much better than our president. I don't remember them spending/wasting enormous time trashing our president or the US unlike what our president has been doing. It really is a disgrace. He should be spending his time trying to solve the problem together instead.

"The CDC needs a director who can provide leadership without the threat of being silenced and who has the technical capacity to lead today's complicated effort," wrote The Lancet editors. Last summer, an "intelligence vacuum" was left at the United States' CDC office in China when the administration called back the last remaining officer there, months before the first case of Covid-19 was reported in Wuhan.''

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...ent-over-incoherent-covid-19-response.198384/

No excuse but there is a price to disengaging from a globalised interconnected world.

Meh. Some high-ranking Chinese officials did peddle in the conspiracy theory that the virus was brought to China by U.S. servicemen. That's not very helpful.

Meh. Some high-ranking Chinese officials did peddle in the conspiracy theory that the virus was brought to China by U.S. servicemen. That's not very helpful.

I agree. That was just stupid. But when you have someone accusing you of intentionally cause such destruction, then stupid defensive behaviour pops up.

They need to just get on with doing the business.

"The CDC needs a director who can provide leadership without the threat of being silenced and who has the technical capacity to lead today's complicated effort," wrote The Lancet editors. Last summer, an "intelligence vacuum" was left at the United States' CDC office in China when the administration called back the last remaining officer there, months before the first case of Covid-19 was reported in Wuhan.''

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...ent-over-incoherent-covid-19-response.198384/

No excuse but there is a price to disengaging from a globalised interconnected world.

Where does it say the CDC director’s job description is to provide leadership to the country? The CDC director ought to be a scientist and the director’s role is to provide counsel and advice to those who must make decisions on many factors, many of which are competing or maybe even mutually exclusive.

The reporting I read said our CDC staff was cut in Beijing, not eliminated. Moreover, the Chinese refused any CDC staff from going to Wuhan early in the outbreak to assist.

Seems to me it would have been smart to include cooperation on Covid efforts as part of the trade negotiations that were ongoing, including having CDC people on the ground in Wuhan working with/alongside their Chinese counterparts and reporting back. You can't tell me the Chinese aren't just as anxious to get the trade situation settled as much as we are. Instead, we recalled our one embedded CDC official, and then whined and pointed fingers when the information we did receive from the Chinese turned out to be lacking.

I don't remember reading about this. In fact, I was surprised they didn't. However, I will take your word for it. After all, you are a fair-minded guy, unlike the likes of CO, who has sold his soul as a blind lapdog of Donald Trump.

When did they do it? Did they do it at the beginning as the first knee-jerk reaction? Or, did they do it after repeated accusations and rantings by our venerable president? Furthermore, that a high ranking official doing is one thing. Our president, the so-called supreme leader of the so-called Free World, consistently ranting and rattling loudly is quite different, an order of magnitude different. Wouldn't you agree? What our president did and is still doing is absolute disgrace!

In a worldwide pandemic like this, a leader is supposed to try to gather the entire world together to try to combat this epidemic, instead of doing his best/worst to divide the world!

It's an absolute disgrace! And he is still doing it!

Everything I’ve thought is now confirmed for me. “I don’t think we should be too hard on them”. Nothing more needs to be said.

@TheOriginalHappyGoat you will have to give me a hard time. I am never apologizing again to this guy or gal whatever.
stoll i think you may have misconstrued. i don't think he's absolving them; i think he's just intimating that it inures to our collective benefit to play nice (for now) as they remain the central source of information - and we need all the information and cooperation we can muster at this point. there will be time down the road to hammer them if it's warranted.

And our so-called leader of the free world is still more interested in pissing match rather than solving the problems. But then, solving problems has never been his forte; blaming and ditching someone else is.:(
Coronavirus: Donald Trump threatens to ‘cut off’ China ties, doesn’t want to speak to Xi Jinping

My question to our Trumpians: What is more important to you, solving this urgent worldwide problem or continuing the pissing match? Furthermore, if we win this pitching match, which is hardly unlikely to begin with, what do we gain from it? Well, besides pumping your chest with an American flag post. Is pumping your chest so important? More important than saving lives?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
stoll i think you may have misconstrued. i don't think he's absolving them; i think he's just intimating that it inures to our collective benefit to play nice (for now) as they remain the central source of information - and we need all the information and cooperation we can muster at this point. there will be time down the road to hammer them if it's warranted.

If that’s the case, yes I misunderstood.

And our so-called leader of the free world is still more interested in pissing match rather than solving the problems. But then, solving problems has never been his forte; blaming and ditching someone else is.:(
My questions to our Trumpians: What is more important to you, solving this urgent worldwide problem or continuing the pissing match?

Coronavirus: Donald Trump threatens to ‘cut off’ China ties, doesn’t want to speak to Xi Jinping
Some of you are far too preoccupied with government. what is he doing to solve this "urgent worldwide problem?" the same thing every other leader is doing. not much. his plan was unrealistic, and predictably few states are following it. and the ones that are following it, it's debatable that's even smart to do. trump had no plan. he said it would magically disappear. pelosi was in chinatown telling people to get down here and grab some dinner. the mayor of new york was telling people to ride the subway. cuomo was lauded for overseeing the largest hotspot in america. the government hasn't done shit: republican or democrat. from what i've read about the cdc they basically were on cruise control just collecting checks. the entire agency in disrepair, like most of our agencies that get funded with little to no oversight or meaningful vetting.

we'll get treatments and a vaccine, sooner or later. and it'll come from the private sector. for profit. where people are financially incentivized, and not half asleep on the government teat. if you think government is going to look after you you're lost. republican or democrat. look at the cities in america in the most financial distress with the highest crime rates: i guarantee you that you will find democratic leaders, for decades, including where i live, saint louis, the most dangerous city in america.

i trust gates will do far more than our govt.

Reactions: IUJIM and stollcpa
It’s no surprise that you can’t understand anything. If memory serves you didn’t even graduate from IUB
Thank you, considering that it is coming from you, I consider it an utmost compliment!;)
Yes, I did 4 years in Bloomington. But why does it matter, though? Pointing out stupidity doesn't have to come from an IU graduate, does it? But then, now you know that I did my time there, am I forgiven?

Thank you, considering that it is coming from you, I consider it an utmost compliment!;)
Yes, I did 4 years in Bloomington. But why does it matter, though? Pointing out stupidity doesn't have to come from an IU graduate, does it? But then, now you know that I did my time there, am I forgiven?

no but it makes me want to throw my diploma in the trash. It clearly holds no value

1) What statistics has he not falsified? Tell us that first. I m including grotesque exaggerations in the "falsification" bin. I am waiting!

2) Before calling somebody a dumbass, try not to be a dumbass yourself first. A dumbass calling another person a dumbass, especially out of a desperate attempt to defend himself, is the most dumbassish thing one can do! You are too intelligent not to know that.

3) If you have no intelligence, how can I insult your intelligence? If you wish to insult others, you should behave yourself first. If not, you are just digging deeper!

p.s.: As I stated previously, I had thought of you a very intelligent man I disagreed with often. This serious of debate makes me think I might have misjudged you.

4) Don't try to act like you are representing everybody against me, and that I am trying to trash all of them. That is the farthest from truth. I know you are trying to pit me against the rest of the members here. That is just about the lowest thing one can go. I know you are doing that out of desperation, but still there's a line one must draw, and this is one.

As a final note, please, please, CO, stay away from defending the undefensible, and come back to the old "conscientious conservative whom I used to sometimes disagree but still respected. I think you can.

Please!

I wouldn't put anything past him.

_108619343_hi056250355.jpg

BTW, Here is new threat by Trump. He is threatening to cut off ties with China. Is this what "the leader of the Free World" talking?

What a freaking moron. He's unhinged. Says anything that comes to his head. Check out these gems from the article:

“You’d save US$500 billion if you cut off the whole relationship,” Trump said, referring to the approximate value of annual US imports from China.​

and

“These stupid supply chains that are all over the world, we have a supply chain where they're made in all different parts of the world and one little piece of the world goes bad and the whole thing is messed up,” Trump said.

“I said we shouldn't have supply chains. We should have them all in the United States. We have the companies to do it and if we don't, we can do that,” he said.​

What a freaking moron. He's unhinged. Says anything that comes to his head. Check out these gems from the article:

“You’d save US$500 billion if you cut off the whole relationship,” Trump said, referring to the approximate value of annual US imports from China.​

and

“These stupid supply chains that are all over the world, we have a supply chain where they're made in all different parts of the world and one little piece of the world goes bad and the whole thing is messed up,” Trump said.

“I said we shouldn't have supply chains. We should have them all in the United States. We have the companies to do it and if we don't, we can do that,” he said.​
Yeah, a high school drop out could have written a better and more civil post.

ADVERTISEMENT