ADVERTISEMENT

The Last Will and Testament of Aruss.

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
(Ed: I think I got all the links updated and working... if not, point it out, and I'll try to fix.)

20,000 In memory of Aruss: Post #20,000 August 28, 2001 - February 5, 2004
A native of Columbus, IN, Aruss was the son of the Mr. Lruss & Mrs. Kruss also of Columbus.. Mr. Aruss attended St. Somewhere Catholic Schools in Key West, playing football and basketball. Aruss was also in a garage band where he played the guitar and sang lead. He graduated in 1992 and attended Southern Methodist University where he was captain of the lacrosse club team. At SMU he dated a set of twins that were members of the university swim team before being dumped by the guy that was the school mascot.
Aruss joined Peegs.com in August of 2001. Since then he had amassed over 19,990 posts. His posting began on the football board where he posted very little during the 2001 campaign. After the season BleedCreamandCrimson brought him over to the free board where he started posting more frequently. May of those posts were just random and had very little to do with IU basketball. His main subject seemed to be all things related to Mr. Jimmy Buffett. He would get a few responses from fellow Parrotheads about the concerts they have been to, as well as requests for bootlegs of different shows.
Once the 2002 football season came, Aruss decided to stay on the free board, posting very little again on the football board. It seemed he had developed a few friendships there, and felt like it was the place where he belonged. Once basketball season came, many of his "Off-Topic", or as he would post them, "OT: ATTN PARROTHEADS", began to get shunned by the masses on the free board.
Toward the end of the school year in 2002, Aruss, etecnifibre & BCC started thinking about a place on Peegs.com where we could go to just post about whatever. Their first idea was to take over the "Video Highlights Forum" & the Game Day Board. Soon, the Game Day board turned into an MLB posting ground, and the VHF was reserved for general discussion. Etecnifibre took the idea they had to Peegs, and the decision was made to create another forum for Peegs.com.
On April 22, 2003 the board formerly known as the VHF became the Off Topic Forum. Since that day, the OTF, as it would become known, has seen a great deal of traffic. So much, in fact, that many members from other forums have become regular contributors.
In 2004, the OTF Poster of the Year Award was bestowed upon Aruss by the distinguished members of the OTF.
Here are links to post #10,000 and post #15,000 (ed: links obviously no longer work) just in case you missed them. With this being a post in honor of Aruss' 20,000th post, he would like to bequeath some of his favorite possessions, thoughts, and wisdom to several members of the OTF and Peegs.com community. Below is a statement written by Aruss for those said individuals.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all. Well, it's come time for me to post #20,000. I have had a wild ride here the past few years. I'd like to pass on a few things to some people that are near and dear to my heart (In the spirit of the OTF, I'll ad a DWS after that last statement). DWS.
BCC - You basically brought me out of my posting shell. I thank you for that. For you, I offer up a lifetime supply of Kraft Singles to bring to the tailgates. Let's just hope the cops don't stop you again thinking it's something illegal.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo10_250.jpg

etecnifibre - I leave you a few of my favorite CD's. I know you will like them.
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo10_500.jpg

tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo2_250.jpg

tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo6_250.jpg

Peegs - I leave my undying love for IU athletics. Thanks for this site. It has given all of us a really good insight into IU athletics. All your work is much appreciated.
tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo3_400.jpg

Little Lebowski - For you, I give you my 2004 Calander of Hilary Duff. You can talk all you want, but I know you want her. You were the one IM'ing me with the Lizzie McGuire IMEnvironment first.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo1_500.jpg

Basil - I leave a book that you could probably get a few tips for dating. Good luck little buddy. I know that girl you met on the bus will come around eventually. Either that or she will kill you for stalking her.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo6_400.jpg

BRS - It seems you need some friends since you are just, in your own words, a chemist. Here you go. I know all those long hours in the lab have killed your social life. Here's hoping some of these friends can bring you some fun.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo9_400.jpg

Hoosier in the ATL - My favorite pink shirts in case your other one gets lost. If you make it for another tailgate, I hope you bring the original one if you still have it.
tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo9_250.jpg

tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo7_250.jpg

DJ88 - I leave you all my Tony Stewart memorabilia. Along with my bus pass that will get you to IU football games when I can't pick you up.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo8_250.jpg

CarmelGreg - I leave you my personal body armor. I keep it under my desk here at work just incase I need to protect myself from fellow employees. There's no doubt that it will come in handy for you. vbg. Good luck and remember --- *duck*
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo4_250.gif

tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo4_400.jpg

LMElliott - For you, I give you my satellite dish that actually works for you to bring to the tailgates. Your original efforts to get that set up at the first tailgate are to be applauded. I know how much you wanted that to work.
tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo7_250.jpg

HoosierPeach - I leave you with my "Extra-Point Monkey". Maybe it will bring you more good luck in the future. Kind of random, I know. But something told me you would like it.
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo6_250.jpg

IUAllie - For you, my dear, I leave you with some of my most prized possessions. Here is my Peter Forsberg collection. I know you will enjoy these. I was going to leave you with the bronzed coffee cup, but, I think I'll take that with me. Might come in handy in purgatory when I'm begging for spare change or using it as a spittoon.
tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo5_400.jpg

tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo6_250.jpg

DoctaDeuce - I leave you with a little "Lucky Charm." Hopefully this will come in handy next time you meet a guy. I mean that in all seriousness.
tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo1_400.jpg

IUbballgrl - I leave you my "Coach Davis" tie. One day, you will see the light. I know how much you LOVE RMK and your "Indiana Farm Boys". This was the best I could come up with for you. After RMK was (finally) gone from IU, I threw all but my autograph basketball that had anything to do with that era...VBG. Enjoy the tie. I'm sure you can give it to someone that will look good in it (Read:TC).
tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo2_250.jpg

tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo9_250.jpg

The Original Happy Goat - I leave you my brand new tuxedo for you to wear to next year's Goaties (Ed: to be renamed the "Andys" next year). I think you'll look smashing in it. Thanks for putting all that together. IT was a lot of work, I'm sure. And we on the OTF appreciated it.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo7_400.jpg

SuperHoosier - I leave you my admin password. Use it wisely, ole boy. I figure you'd be one of the next in the "line of succession" for admin rights over here. Just type it in the field... Username: KURT. Password: CLOVERDALE
tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo5_400.jpg

jtbarber - I leave you a "nurse" to help you take care of babybarber. Glad to hear she is doing well.
tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo3_400.gif

tunk - To you, I leave my vast collection of Jimmy Buffett bootlegs. Once you listen to them you will finally understand why he is a great performer and has a good catalog of tunes.
Krabbie - I leave you my collection of Jet magazines. I know you will treasure them... especially the Beauty of the month.
tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo9_250.jpg

tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo8_1280.jpg

TheBigLebowski - I leave you the 1982 IHSAA Runner-Up championship trophy in men's gymnastics. I have no idea why, really, that I'm leaving you with this. For some reason, it just seemed appropriate.
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo5_1280.jpg

clubjockey - I leave you my Clay Aiken CD. I know you will enjoy it.
tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo4_500.jpg

tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo1_250.jpg

$chrock$tar - I leave you my telephoto lens. This way, you will have NO excuse for not getting a photo of the dadDy
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo8_1280.jpg

DerrickC - I leave you my Pete Rose autograph from 1974 & commemorative coin from his 4192nd hit on 9/11/85. Add those to your collection. I'm sure it will fit in well with the Icky Woods and Jon Kittna signatures you have.
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo1_250.jpg

IUT - I have a feeling you could use this on your goats so they don't fight you too much. Or, take some of it yourself. That might be interesting...for the goats!!!
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo2_1280.jpg

dolfingus - My autograph photo of Dustin Hoffman. You ARE a ladies-man, after all. I can't believe we have a former male stripper here on the OTF.
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo7_250.jpg

billydjr90 - I leave you my subscription to Maxim so you can keep posting photos of the hotties like you have been doing. Keep up the good work. You seemes to have a quick start out of the gate. It was needed. You have added quite a bit.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo3_250.jpg

Kookie4IU - As a coach, I leave you with an autograph from one of the greatest coaches of all time. I got his autograph here in Columbus when I was a kid. It's my most prized autograph.
(Ed: I have no idea what picture belongs here; it's long since gone.)
GeorgeJones - My brother-in-law, I leave you my favorite (ok, well maybe second favorite) bathroom possession. "You know how we do it" in the Aruss household. Now you can go pi$$ on Michigan too!!!
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo4_1280.jpg

Schwagnasty, maggie2, & 815North Jordan - I leave you fellas my lifetime backstage pass to all Jimmy Buffett shows. Enjoy, and tell Buba I said hello.
Sparkie - I leave you my basketball autographed by the coaching staff of the 1986-87 National Champs...The Indiana Hoosiers!!!!
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo3_250.jpg

iuhzrtuba - For all your efforts to get me a pic of the MD tie, here's a big Corona for you. Thanks a bunch.
tumblr_ng07am2RAQ1qhm2hjo2_1280.jpg

T. S. Quint - I have no photo for you since you aren't around much. But, thanks for being here. We've had a few convos before. You should post more often on the OTF. I know that you would be a good contributor here.
EmanBoilers - The newest member of the OTF. I offer to you, young man, my fake ID. This should get you into most of the bars up there in West Laffy. Use it wisely.
tumblr_ng07cqzSil1qhm2hjo8_400.jpg

Kurt - For this special occasion, I have decided to unblacklist your most infamous handle. This has been approved. Kurt Coverdale can now post again.
"WellingtonLittlebrook" - I leave you with something that was given to me by the last great President of this Country. It worked for him, maybe it can work for you.
tumblr_ng07bbWN2j1qhm2hjo5_400.jpg

...and I also leave you with...
tumblr_ng07bydDdH1qhm2hjo10_400.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And with that, I am out folks. Since you are reading this folks, that means "Aruss" will no longer be around. So, please use these gifts in good health. I have had a great ride on Peegs.com. It's been fun.
PS...If you ever wanted to know who the real Wellington Littlebrook is...Well, I guess you'll never know.

Y'all are going to have me tearing up all day..

I still can't believe it.

I'm not a long time poster, but you guys have me tearing-up

as you express your heartfelt sentiments. What a great group of folks. RIP Aruss.

Way to young.

He was a little over a year older than myself. In his post he left me a nurse for my daughter, who is now 11. Crazy how time flies. Always felt I knew him, ever though we never met in person. Hope he is hanging with Jerry today!

I know what you mean...

I exchanged a few emails here and there with him and am facebook friends with him. It was surreal to hear the news. I just saw pictures of his daughter's first trip to Assembly Hall pop up in my news feed the other day.

Crazy. I can't believe it.

Wherever he is, he needs a Jeep.

In 2001 I was getting blacklisted with regularity. Andy and I exchanged a bunch of emails. He made the suggestion that I should stop "acting like a jerk" so I could stick around.

Tough love, sorta?

Thanks for giving a shit, brother.

This post was edited on 12/3 1:52 PM by UTFO

Well done, TOHG

I believe that was a John Wooden Autograph...

Nice post...for once I'm at a loss for words.

Great guy. Though we never met, I'll always remember...

that he and I were seemingly the only two guys on here who thought Patricia Heaton (in her prime) was smokin' hot.

And also the time he passed through my town and put a McRib wrapper, gooey side down, under my windshield wiper.
Haha...

Good stuff

I think somewhere I have a pic with him at a tailgate. Gonna try and dig that up.

He was a righteous guy.

I couldn't get to sleep last night.......

.....and woke up this morning just as numb and shocked. The OTF is a community. A disfunctional, somewhat transient community. Andy Russell was one of our Founding Fathers. Still unreal.

Community Builder

The OTF came around at a time of strife and bickering among IU fans. It was an important outlet for me, as I was simply tired of all of the back-and-forth BS that never solved anything. I just wanted to have some fun and an outlet for creativity. The OTF was that outlet, and I thank Aruss, Etecnifibre, BCC, and Peegs for creating it.

Godspeed Andy Russell.

Check out his FB page.

Or don't.

Pics of he and his kids...

smh

I agree...

it came along at a great time. I've been posting/following these boards for awhile now and NFA/ARuss has been such a huge part of it for such a long time. Can't believe he's gone.

I dont think I can handle that

I feel so bad for his kids...especially his son.

Yeah, I checked out some of his youtube videos last night.

Daughter dancing and son playing football.

rough

Good stuff, Goat. Thanks for sharing.

I wish I could find that first video with the zoom in on Allie. I specifically remember that. And the night everyone thought Mystery Dude was SeaNap or nightmoves. Good times.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Also I need to get back on here

And do some drunk posting for old times sake. And maybe make a couple of get togethers.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Sounds like a plan.

Andy's plan to get this place back to the good ol days.

Wow, a lot of memories there.

Great post and I'm honored to be included.

Same here...

...I have basically the same dancing videos of all 3 of mine, painful to watch those last night.

I signed up for another username, Mystery Dude...

I just made a bunch of posts one night and BCC and Aruss were the only ones who knew who I was. I kept giving people crap in the stupid, naïve way that those two posters would. It was quite funny.

If anyone is still reading this thread...

...it seems some of you might have gotten the wrong impression. Other than updating a couple of photos, I had nothing to do with this. This was Aruss' actual milestone post from ten years ago. I had it sitting around in the old HOF archives. I moved all the pics to the HOF tumblr, and just updated the links and fixed the formatting.

goat

This is awesome

I completely forgot about Peter Forsberg.....spleenless freak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT