ADVERTISEMENT

The impeachment of MAGA crook Ken Paxton

hoosboot

Hall of Famer
Nov 7, 2001
I'm surprised there has been little talk about the Paxton impeachment in Texas.

It's a surprisingly bipartisan affair where 60 of 86 Republicans and 61 of 64 Democrats voted in favor of impeachment with 3 on each side abstaining/not voting. 121-23 on 20 articles of impeachment is some serious political peril for Paxton.

Paxton is predictably claiming that it's a liberal overthrow with the Republicans supporting his impeachment insufficiently conservative to be anything other than RINOs. (I had no idea that Texas was such a hotbed of liberalism. There were complaints that he was calling around and threatening retribution against anyone who supported his impeachment.

How do folks feel about this? Paxton seems like a giant douche to me, but much like the second Trump impeachment, I'm not a big fan of an impeachment so soon after voters have spoken absent some new activity that warrants it (well...I guess one could argue that threatening retribution against anyone who supported his impeachment might qualify :>)

Last edited:
I need to read more about what triggered this one. I knew he was controversial before, but don’t follow Texas news much.

I thought it was interesting he called for the Speaker to resign for being allegedly drunk on the floor and then impeachment news broke like the next day.

I need to read more about what triggered this one. I knew he was controversial before, but don’t follow Texas news much.

I think the last straw was when he went to the legislature and asked them to pony up the $3.3M to pay off the whistleblowers.

I think the last straw was when he went to the legislature and asked them to pony up the $3.3M to pay off the whistleblowers.
For those unaware, this is what Mark was referring to. Paxton doesn't seem particularly conservative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT