ADVERTISEMENT

The Hoosier Insider: Aug. 26

Stu Jackson

Staff
Jun 30, 2016
Bloomington, Ind.
For the football crowd that hands out more on the football board, he's Sam's insider for this week:

Sam Beishuizen / Football Beat & Recruiting News

Happy football week, everybody. A few short updates and round up stuff from me today.

Indiana will play Florida International in Miami next Thursday to kick off the 2016 season, which makes the next few days rather busy. We’ll be hanging out at all the media availability stuff, Kevin Wilson starts his radio show back up again on Monday and of course we get a game later on.

I won’t talk too much about what I think we’ll see this week because we’re about to go to a Wilson press conference. So there will certainly be clearer news after that rather than speculation. So keep an eye out for content from that.

Quite a few committed players were in action this last weekend at high schools across the United States. Jordan and I are heading up to Indianapolis later tonight to check in on some future Hoosiers ourselves, but here’s a roundup of some stats Jordan put together from last week.

You’ll also probably notice the fact that we’re putting together some updated stories on the current commits. A few went out yesterday, so keep checking back in for those.

Huntley, Illinois defensive end Olalere Oladipo, who was an Indiana target, wound up committing to Illinois this week. It seemed like he and the Hoosiers cooled off on the late end of that. It’ll be interesting to see if IU still ends up adding another commitment on the defensive line with a few targets still out there. We’re still kind of in a lull there.

Our guy Josh Helmholdt put together a list of the Big Ten’s top newcomers. He ended up saying Marcelino Ball would be the top choice for the Hoosiers, which makes sense considering the praise he’s gotten from the IU coaching staff early on.

Reactions: Pelkowski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.