ADVERTISEMENT

The Great Reset

Good grief. Do you really wanna argue that the world is now like when Ike was POTUS? In those days we had a free world and an oppressed world. That’s it. We led the free world.

Nowadays we have the same people and institutions lecturing us about which lives matter here while they simultaneously take in a gazillion dollars from one of the most oppressive countries on earth while agreeing with, and in some cases in participating in, the censorship and oppression.

How many defense treaties do we have with China? I assume that is who you are talking about. I honestly was not aware of any.

I do not think we have a defense treaty with the Saudis, another repressive government. But one whose citizens attacked the US. I am curious, didn't Trump move troops into position to defend Saudi Arabia? Did Trump sell the US arms?

How many defense treaties do we have with China? I assume that is who you are talking about. I honestly was not aware of any.

I do not think we have a defense treaty with the Saudis, another repressive government. But one whose citizens attacked the US. I am curious, didn't Trump move troops into position to defend Saudi Arabia? Did Trump sell the US arms?

If your point is that international relationships are complicated, I agree. If not, then I don’t understand your point.

We had a defense agreement with Ukraine and a red line about Syrian chemical weapons. The Obama administration ignored both. Treaties and defense agreements don’t seem to be a thing these days.

If your point is that international relationships are complicated, I agree. If not, then I don’t understand your point
We are doing far more to prop up a repressive and corrupt Saudi Arabia than we are doing for China.

And I supported the TPP which was an attempt to box China out. Our stable genius thought it was a treaty with China and got us out of it. He has done so well our trade deficit is at a 14 year high. https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...nited-states-c6d5a4d935d8d3bca966d2395deee68d

Which part is bullshit? Please be specific and clarify what of the three points Marvin made is completely wrong.

You don't believe that scientists lie about AGW?

You don't believe doctors diagnose other causes of death as COVID?

You aren't willing to let Biden be President or aren't convinced that vote was altered?

What part is 100% bullshit?

Good grief! I would have thought CoH would have responded to clarify his position on the issues. Seems like maybe Marvin was right after all. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Good grief. Do you really wanna argue that the world is now like when Ike was POTUS? In those days we had a free world and an oppressed world. That’s it. We led the free world.

Nowadays we have the same people and institutions lecturing us about which lives matter here while they simultaneously take in a gazillion dollars from one of the most oppressive countries on earth while agreeing with, and in some cases in participating in, the censorship and oppression.
"Good grief."

You're Lucy, aren't you.

Good grief! I would have thought CoH would have responded to clarify his position on the issues. Seems like maybe Marvin was right after all. 🤷‍♂️

For Pete’s sake. (Better?). How can you remember Walgreens but you can’t render what I said about that stuff? I guess you have shown us your cognitive limits.

For Pete’s sake. (Better?). How can you remember Walgreens but you can’t render what I said about that stuff? I guess you have shown us your cognitive limits.

Great Jiminy's Ghost! I remember what you've said. It bears a striking resemblance to what Marvin said that you said, which you called bullshit. I was just giving you an opportunity to clarify. Is your inability to do so you showing your cognitive limits or your honesty limits?

Ok, got it.

It doesn’t surprise me in the least that a bunch of ultra rich people will do anything, and spend any amount to find a way to prolong life expectancy. The scientific community has been studying this for decades. Playing God, if you will. So what if these ultra rich want to drink blood, freeze their corpse, whatever?

I was making fun of the people that think liberal politicians run pedophile rings, kill babies, and drink their blood.

Are you insinuating the link you provided is related to that? I don’t see it.

The most confusing aspect of that article being linked to a discussion of Biden is that Pete Thiel is a HUGE Trumper. He donated over $1.25 Million to Trump's 2016 campaign and is widely recognized as the largest Trump supporter in Silicon Valley, as well as a personal friend. He did cut back on financial support this year because he realized early on Trump was gonna lose and he didn't become a billionaire by throwing good money at losers...

And what's being forgotten in the discussion of Biden mispronouncing Psalms is the difficulty that a person plagued by stuttering has in pronouncing phenomes at the beginning of a word. He has commented on how traumatizing it was to stutter as a child...

“I never had professional therapy, but a couple of nuns taught me to put a cadence to my speaking, and that’s why I spent so much time reading poetry – Emerson and Yeats,” Biden wrote. “But even in my small, boys’ prep school, I got nailed in Latin class with the nickname Joe Impedimenta. You get so desperate, you’re so embarrassed.”

I'm not religious myself, but this is not some Donald Trump "pretend to be religious" opportunism. Biden attended Catholic schools up until he went to the U of Delaware- his family was Catholic- the idea that he somehow doesn't KNOW it's the Book of Psalms is actually pretty ludicrous.

He's not a "conservative" Catholic, ala someone like a Pat Buchanon or various right wing religious leaders. I'd say he's more of a social justice warrior, without the left-wing political orientation...

“Jesus Christ is the human embodiment of what God wanted us to do,” Mr. Biden said. “Everything Jesus did was sort of consistent with what generically we were supposed to do: treat people with dignity.”

In that interview, Mr. Biden spoke about his meeting with Pope Francis in 2013. “He’s the embodiment of Catholic social doctrine that I was raised with,” the former vice president said. “The idea that everyone’s entitled to dignity, that the poor should be given special preference, that you have an obligation to reach out and be inclusive.”

Reactions: Morrison
Everything CO is talking about is simply a variation/adaptation of the Russian propaganda book The Protocols of the Elders of Zion which is all made up horseshit about the Jewish takeover of the world economy and making the media complicit. This has all been adopted by the QANoN idiots and disseminated across all right wing media in some form, the same way white nationalism has been redefined as “what? it’s ok to be white and love your country”. Republicans are even electing these QANoN idiots.

Insert a CO response that starts with “good grief” and something about “I never heard of QANoN before this post”.

Trump has retweeted numerous posts from accounts that promote the very ideas you are discussing here. They are running wild on Parler after Twitter has tightened the reins...

The basket people?
Yes. This is their headquarters. It's very subtle.

Newark-ohio-longaberger-headquarters-front.jpg

Reactions: mcmurtry66
We are doing far more to prop up a repressive and corrupt Saudi Arabia than we are doing for China.

And I supported the TPP which was an attempt to box China out. Our stable genius thought it was a treaty with China and got us out of it. He has done so well our trade deficit is at a 14 year high. https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...nited-states-c6d5a4d935d8d3bca966d2395deee68d

Box China out? How was that going to work? Use child labor in a different country to make Nike shoes? The TPP wasn’t going to box out China because other countries would trade with China as needed and in pursuit of their own interests; just like Mexico did under NAFTA.

Box China out? How was that going to work? Use child labor in a different country to make Nike shoes? The TPP wasn’t going to box out China because other countries would trade with China as needed and in pursuit of their own interests; just like Mexico did under NAFTA.

You do not think Japan has as vested as an interest in corralling China as we do? New Zealand? Australia? There are a lot of countries afraid of China, TPP was the group of nations trying to stop China. At no point was that NAFTA's goal or even a consideration of NAFTA.

You are arguing a treaty that had zero to do with China was subverted so a treaty designed to limit China would easily be subverted as well. That makes no sense.

Reactions: UncleMark
You do not think Japan has as vested as an interest in corralling China as we do? New Zealand? Australia? There are a lot of countries afraid of China, TPP was the group of nations trying to stop China. At no point was that NAFTA's goal or even a consideration of NAFTA.

You are arguing a treaty that had zero to do with China was subverted so a treaty designed to limit China would easily be subverted as well. That makes no sense.

Nuance is not his strong suit.

How was a trade agreement going to stop China in any fashion? Sanctions and tariffs might do that. Neither was part of TPP. We learned this year that most all of our important pharmaceuticals come from China, maybe most in the world. We don’t fix that with trade agreements.

How was a trade agreement going to stop China in any fashion? Sanctions and tariffs might do that. Neither was part of TPP. We learned this year that most all of our important pharmaceuticals come from China, maybe most in the world. We don’t fix that with trade agreements.

The purpose of TPP was to allow members to slash the cost of trade, from tariffs to red tape to whatever else, between members. Here is an example:

Two-thirds of the chapters in the new TPP are identical to those in the original TPP. Tariff reduction is still a major advantage, with the same benefits that would have accrued under the original TPP. For example, Japan currently subjects all beef imports to a 38.5 percent tariff. After the new TPP goes into effect, Canadian ranchers will be able to sell beef to Japan with no tariff. Imported American beef, however, will continue to face the 38.5 percent tariff.​

The intent of TPP was for the countries to give their best deal to each other and exclude China unless they changed their state owned enterprises and respect IP laws.

The purpose of TPP was to allow members to slash the cost of trade, from tariffs to red tape to whatever else, between members. Here is an example:

Two-thirds of the chapters in the new TPP are identical to those in the original TPP. Tariff reduction is still a major advantage, with the same benefits that would have accrued under the original TPP. For example, Japan currently subjects all beef imports to a 38.5 percent tariff. After the new TPP goes into effect, Canadian ranchers will be able to sell beef to Japan with no tariff. Imported American beef, however, will continue to face the 38.5 percent tariff.​

The intent of TPP was for the countries to give their best deal to each other and exclude China unless they changed their state owned enterprises and respect IP laws.

Trump negotiated a bilateral trade agreement with Japan.

I get the theory of TPP. Because China produces goods that we need and because we have significant economic ties to China (the usual suspects, Nike, Apple, Coke, the NBA) I don’t know how TPP could live up to the advertising.

I get the theory of TPP. Because China produces goods that we need and because we have significant economic ties to China (the usual suspects, Nike, Apple, Coke, the NBA) I don’t know how TPP could live up to the advertising.
Your inability to understand them doesn't make the benefits of the TPP any less real. WalMart will be happy to buy the junk it sells from Vietnam rather than China if it's advantageous for them to do so.

Reactions: hoosboot
Your inability to understand them doesn't make the benefits of the TPP any less real. WalMart will be happy to buy the junk it sells from Vietnam rather than China if it's advantageous for them to do so.

Correct. The TPP doesn’t change that. Moreover, US and international companies have a pretty big investments in Chinese production. TPP won’t change that either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT