ADVERTISEMENT

The GOP sucks (turn about being fair play)

IUCrazy2

Hall of Famer
Mar 7, 2004

There is some Trump love from this guy:

But getting past that, I think he has some on point critiques of the GOP.

The brute fact is that the Republican Party today—unlike its original incarnation—has no rootedness in any specific moral conception of political life. It is an unmoored, mercenary instrument for hire. And members of a would-be permanent ruling caste have hired it.

That’s why to the extent the pre- and post-Trump Republican Party represents any kind of philosophy at all, it is an economic neoliberalism which in practice enables, and acts as cover for, a crony capitalism heading toward state capitalism—the full fusion of big business and big government into one giant blob of increasingly totalitarian control freakery.

I tend to agree with that sentiment. I think our singer friend hits on some issues the GOP has. He has a bunch of red meat in there for sure...but again, criticism from the tribe.

If I come across some better critiques then this I will try to share (I admit, this is kind of pedestrian and not normally up to snuff from my POV, but it can maybe be a conversation starter....if people are willing to not push this into an argument over the author or D. Trump, although I think Trump plays a little role in the discussion for better or worse.)

There is some Trump love from this guy:

But getting past that, I think he has some on point critiques of the GOP.

The brute fact is that the Republican Party today—unlike its original incarnation—has no rootedness in any specific moral conception of political life. It is an unmoored, mercenary instrument for hire. And members of a would-be permanent ruling caste have hired it.

That’s why to the extent the pre- and post-Trump Republican Party represents any kind of philosophy at all, it is an economic neoliberalism which in practice enables, and acts as cover for, a crony capitalism heading toward state capitalism—the full fusion of big business and big government into one giant blob of increasingly totalitarian control freakery.

I tend to agree with that sentiment. I think our singer friend hits on some issues the GOP has. He has a bunch of red meat in there for sure...but again, criticism from the tribe.

If I come across some better critiques then this I will try to share (I admit, this is kind of pedestrian and not normally up to snuff from my POV, but it can maybe be a conversation starter....if people are willing to not push this into an argument over the author or D. Trump, although I think Trump plays a little role in the discussion for better or worse.)

had he just left Trump out of it, he would have been spot on.

that and added the DNC to everything he said about the GOP economically.

after all, the same people who own the GOP also own the DNC, which the idiot voters of each party never seem to figure out, and their respective media sure aren't ever going to tell you...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT