ADVERTISEMENT

The Girther Movement

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-girthers_us_5a5eea56e4b0ee2ff32b949c
Dying. Normally I wouldn't fat shame even Trump, but the hypocrisy of him constantly calling other people, particularly women fat, makes me break my rule this time. And obviously this is of little consequence, except for the fact that a well respected doctor got up in front of the country an dried about his weight. If he lied about that, what else in that report did he lie about. Immediately following the GOP in the "shithole" meeting lying for him, it's startling the number of people that are willing to ruin their reputation for him.

Dying. Normally I wouldn't fat shame even Trump, but the hypocrisy of him constantly calling other people, particularly women fat, makes me break my rule this time. And obviously this is of little consequence, except for the fact that a well respected doctor got up in front of the country an dried about his weight. If he lied about that, what else in that report did he lie about. Immediately following the GOP in the "shithole" meeting lying for him, it's startling the number of people that are willing to ruin their reputation for him.
I don't know if it is Dr. Ronnie or Dr. Ronny Jackson the press releases have shown different spellings of his name. It's kind of strange that the doctor can't spell his first name correctly on his supposed medical reports.

https://ijr.com/the-declaration/201...s-could-be-a-lie-because-of-one-small-detail/

May I suggest a relaxing -- perhaps extended -- vacation? Somewhere warm....slow-paced....a nice beach....splurge on a spa day....no access to TV or the Internet.
What makes you think I need it? Because I think the girther movement is hilarious and fitting? Lol. I've got Maui in about 6 weeks though, thanks for thinking of me.

May I suggest a relaxing -- perhaps extended -- vacation? Somewhere warm....slow-paced....a nice beach....splurge on a spa day....no access to TV or the Internet.
Bob Knight expressed it best, "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

Reactions: Lucy01
Even their lie contradicts the report of Trump being in 'excellent' health. By definition, being overweight would seemingly keep you out of the excellent category. Couple that with that fact that Trump eschews exercise and regularly eats fast food, the odds of him actually having excellent health are exceedingly small.

From all accounts, he seems to be a well respected doctor, which is what made this curious.
A well respected doctor is still beholden to doctor/patient relationship/confidentiality. At the end of the day he's probably not allowed to release anything Trump wouldn't want out there.

A well respected doctor is still beholden to doctor/patient relationship/confidentiality. At the end of the day he's probably not allowed to release anything Trump wouldn't want out there.
I don't think anyone would have thought a thing about it if he hadn't given the height and weight. The fact that he obviously gave out false information is the issue.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I don't think anyone would have thought a thing about it if he hadn't given the height and weight. The fact that he obviously gave out false information is the issue.
Yeah it’s not exactly the biggest deal in the world, but there is no chance in hell he actually weighs 239 pounds, and the fact that the doctor’s name was spelled wrong on his own statement was…odd.

Reactions: meridian
Yeah it’s not exactly the biggest deal in the world, but there is no chance in hell he actually weighs 239 pounds, and the fact that the doctor’s name was spelled wrong on his own statement was…odd.
It's not a big deal. Just funny....especially the girther movement hashtag.

Reactions: Ohio Guy and RBB89

Are you sure it's false information? 239 pounds ain't light . . . and fat weighs less than muscle.

SopeJr#2 is 6'2", works out a good bit and weighs about 250. His shoulders, back, chest and upper arms are a whole lot thicker than Trump's, and he's got a few too many good times pounds on him too . . . not as many as Trump, but then Trump doesn't have the muscle that #2 has either . . .

. . . I could take the doctor's findings at face value and have no issue with it because at his age and with his lifestyle I'd guess that Trump doesn't have much muscle.

I have a good buddy I had to give that advice to a month or two ago. He admitted to me he thought he had become clinically depressed over Trump. I tried to tell him he can't cure the world's ills single-handedly, which he was trying to do. He needed to step away and relax. None of us are facing what Dietrich Bonhoeffer faced. Amazingly for that reference I can get accused of normalizing Trump.

The typical cognitive test given to we oldsters includes such questions as,"Who is president?". Anyone not getting 100%, as apparently Trump did, is probably in an early stage of dementia.

It's not a big deal. Just funny....especially the girther movement hashtag.

The girther hashtag is funny . . . and that Trump's height and weight might have been reported accurately doesn't take away from it being funny, as Trump clearly doesn't have an athletic build these days irrespective as to what his weight actually is . . . .

I have a good buddy I had to give that advice to a month or two ago. He admitted to me he thought he had become clinically depressed over Trump. I tried to tell him he can't cure the world's ills single-handedly, which he was trying to do. He needed to step away and relax. None of us are facing what Dietrich Bonhoeffer faced. Amazingly for that reference I can get accused of normalizing Trump.

Referencing Bonhoeffer got you accused of normalizing Trump?

Where?

That's astonishing . . . .

Online is where. I try to suggest we aren't facing his sort of crisis, or any sort of existential crisis. Some people tend to get angry at that, there is a need to view our current politics as a clear and present danger.

If the Democrats aren't stupid, and that is the mother of all ifs, they will have all three elected branches come January 20, 2021. Most of what has been done can easily be undone (Trump is also just signing EO's, not much legislation). There certainly can be short term pain, but nothing (except parts of the tax cuts) are permanent.

Now to be fair, when one is yelled at online it may well be by a chatbot. We know that they exist and are working the extremes of both sides to sow dissension. On the other hand, the friend referenced was originally not happy with my comparison (his view what that I was undervaluing his efforts to protect the world from Trump). But I think he has listened to my advice. He had cut ties with everyone he thought voted for Trump, since our conversation he has visited a couple times with a mutual friend that voted Trump (something I suggest he do). So, maybe progress.

It is kind of sad, or maybe more than kind of, that a doctor would blatantly lie to the public. If the orange one is under 290lbs I would be shocked. My guess is he is around that or a tad more & he certainly is not 6"3"....but that probably does wonder to keep his fragile ego intact. In fact, the "so called" doctor, because what else can I call a guy who lies like that, probably consulted a psychologist for advice so as not have that fat toad lose it completely.

Reactions: sglowrider
Are you sure it's false information? 239 pounds ain't light . . . and fat weighs less than muscle.

SopeJr#2 is 6'2", works out a good bit and weighs about 250. His shoulders, back, chest and upper arms are a whole lot thicker than Trump's, and he's got a few too many good times pounds on him too . . . not as many as Trump, but then Trump doesn't have the muscle that #2 has either . . .

. . . I could take the doctor's findings at face value and have no issue with it because at his age and with his lifestyle I'd guess that Trump doesn't have much muscle.
That’s the most Southern America description of a kid I’ve ever heard.

I agree. The man has a LOT of fat! ;)

What a healthy 6’5” 220lbs looks like
harden-rockets.jpg

What a healthy 6’4” 215lbs looks like
AP_341554718851.jpg

What a healthy 6’3” 239lbs apparently looks like
swq1nocy6161qzotqx8i.jpg

Look, it’s obvious if Trump loses 15-20 lbs, he’d be in phenomenal shape.

harden-rockets.jpg

AP_341554718851.jpg

swq1nocy6161qzotqx8i.jpg

Oh come on . . . there isn't a single poster here who needs that visual . . . ugh.

Reactions: MrBing
Wonder if Rear Admiral Dr. Jackson lied about Obama - he was his doctor also and about GWB - he was his part of the terms. Wonder if the press would have asked if Hillary Clinton was obese had she been elected President.

I hear that Rivals is about to impose its own girther standards for posters. ;)

Wonder if Rear Admiral Dr. Jackson lied about Obama - he was his doctor also and about GWB - he was his part of the terms. Wonder if the press would have asked if Hillary Clinton was obese had she been elected President.

You never finished telling us about those blue sunglasses.

harden-rockets.jpg

AP_341554718851.jpg

swq1nocy6161qzotqx8i.jpg

Yes, but Trump is not carrying the additional weight of a hipster beard

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT