ADVERTISEMENT

The End of a Error

I think it will probably happen. An LOA is essentially a contract between the US and the partner country and both countries signed it. It won't be easy to break it without UAE doing something that requires us to impose sanctions on them - like violating their agreements on the other weapons systems we've sold them. We've sold them a lot. There was a big F-16 sale during the Obama administration and several other fairly high tech systems. UAE has actually been a pretty reliable partner nation and we do End Use Monitoring for every country that buys high value weapons systems. It's part of the agreements.
We took it away from Turkey who was and still is for awhile at least still making parts .. They then bought Russian AA.

We took it away from Turkey who was and still is for awhile at least still making parts .. They then bought Russian AA.
Yes, Turkey is a problem and hasn't been a reliable partner nation. In their case they're an allied nation because of NATO. They're not currently a very good member for a number of reasons.

Reactions: DANC and T.M.P.
Just FYI because it didn't get as much attention as the Israel-UAE, Bahrain, Morocco, Sudan and Bhutan have also recognized Israel in the past few months. This is progress I hope continues during the Biden administration.

Reactions: UncleMark and DANC
I'm not an expert on that system. I just know that we're not going to sell them the same version we use for that system to UAE. There will be qualitative differences.
LOL Mr. Charlie is now a world affairs expert!

I guess a failed musician has to branch out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT