ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

Comgrats @Timmy! for placing 11th in the big $4 176,000 entry contest. At one point he was in first for the big $100,000 prize but ended up taking home $1,000. Not bad for a $4 entry!

Needless to say, this was the most disappointed I've ever been to win $1,000. Just seeing $100,000 in my account under the always fluid "live winnings" was surreal, and especially so when considering I was still in first place as late as 4:30 in the afternoon and with no more than a handful of holes remaining for the final few pairings on Sunday of the final round....and in a contest consisting of 170,432 contestants no less.

And compounding my heartbreak was knowing just how really truly close I was to netting myself $100,000, an amount that I surely would have used as my bankroll as a stepping stone towards eventually parlaying that 100 K win into $150,000, to $220,000 to $375,000 to $500,000, to $1,000,000, and eventually all the way up to something like $3,326,137 two or three years from now by way of participating in much, much, much higher dollar buy-in contests, ones that consist of 25 to 50 to100 times fewer the amount of competing entries, but for payouts just as large if not larger than the 100 K/ 40 K/ 20 K top three place prize payout that my 11th place $1,000 winning lineup scored me yesterday from the $4 dollar buy-in, 172,432 entry contest I was a part of.

For you see, I entered 20 or so lineups for the Players Championship between this $4 contest and a few other contests priced between $3 and $12 as the buy-in this week, all 20 or so lineups consisting a crop of the same dozen golfers I used to mix and match between them, each and every golfer making the cut (I actually won another $312 on top of that 1K with those various lineups as I finished in the top 150 to 3,000 with practically all of them). It's absolutely crushing to know that I had Louis Oosthuizen at $8,200 in 35% (7 out of 20) of my mixed & matched lineups, and had I simply just used Oosthuizen in my 11th place $1,000 winning lineup instead of Paul Casey at $8,300 whom I had in there for this particular lineup.....this 11th place/ 1K earning lineup would've finished in 1st place for that highly coveted but oh-so-elusive $100,000 K "stepping stone bankroll" winning victory for me. I could taste it. In fact, I could quite literally even SEE it...

M9HQjld.jpg

As for my reaction towards winning a G-note with an 11th place finish, but doing so while coming so painfully close only to fall just short of that 1st place/100 K game-changer bankroll, well, needless to say it elicited a Judge Snails-esque "Damn!" type moment from me(only, really, like 100 times more forceful and about 275 times more explicit) after he sliced his tee shot immediately subsequent to having just pompously proclaimed "Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir and I never slice".

How many points seperated 1st and 11th place?
Id assume the difference in 1 bogey or so.

Needless to say, this was the most disappointed I've ever been to win $1,000. Just seeing $100,000 in my account under the always fluid "live winnings" was surreal, and especially so when considering I was still in first place as late as 4:30 in the afternoon and with no more than a handful of holes remaining for the final few pairings on Sunday of the final round....and in a contest consisting of 170,432 contestants no less.

And compounding my heartbreak was knowing just how really truly close I was to netting myself $100,000, an amount that I surely would have used as my bankroll as a stepping stone towards eventually parlaying that 100 K win into $150,000, to $220,000 to $375,000 to $500,000, to $1,000,000, and eventually all the way up to something like $3,326,137 two or three years from now by way of participating in much, much, much higher dollar buy-in contests, ones that consist of 25 to 50 to100 times fewer the amount of competing entries, but for payouts just as large if not larger than the 100 K/ 40 K/ 20 K top three place prize payout that my 11th place $1,000 winning lineup scored me yesterday from the $4 dollar buy-in, 172,432 entry contest I was a part of.

For you see, I entered 20 or so lineups for the Players Championship between this $4 contest and a few other contests priced between $3 and $12 as the buy-in this week, all 20 or so lineups consisting a crop of the same dozen golfers I used to mix and match between them, each and every golfer making the cut (I actually won another $312 on top of that 1K with those various lineups as I finished in the top 150 to 3,000 with practically all of them). It's absolutely crushing to know that I had Louis Oosthuizen at $8,200 in 35% (7 out of 20) of my mixed & matched lineups, and had I simply just used Oosthuizen in my 11th place $1,000 winning lineup instead of Paul Casey at $8,300 whom I had in there for this particular lineup.....this 11th place/ 1K earning lineup would've finished in 1st place for that highly coveted but oh-so-elusive $100,000 K "stepping stone bankroll" winning victory for me. I could taste it. In fact, I could quite literally even SEE it...

M9HQjld.jpg

As for my reaction towards winning a G-note with an 11th place finish, but doing so while coming so painfully close only to fall just short of that 1st place/100 K game-changer bankroll, well, needless to say it elicited a Judge Snails-esque "Damn!" type moment from me(only, really, like 100 times more forceful and about 275 times more explicit) after he sliced his tee shot immediately subsequent to having just pompously proclaimed "Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir and I never slice".

Man that is still bad ass. and I thought it was exciting to see $350 bucks next to my name a couple weekends ago lol $100,000....i would literally chit myself.

Congrats

Reactions: Timmy!
Man that is still bad ass. and I thought it was exciting to see $350 bucks next to my name a couple weekends ago lol $100,000....i would literally chit myself.

Congrats

Oh, trust me, I was absolutely shitting myself. I mean $100,000 next to my name and in displaying my live winnings!?!? I was was floored, I was stunned, I was totally and unequivocally freaking the F&%k out.

Never once at any point in time, not even for one tenth of one second, not even thru 1 hole from the very first pairing of round 1, had I ever even seen so much as $1,000 for me on any singular contest, let alone ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS displaying in there with only a few holes remaining on the final day!

Up until that point the most I had ever cashed-in for a singular entry I believe had been $200 or $300 or something.

Granted, 90% of the contests I play are of the $3 to $12 variety where I'm stacked up against anywhere from 3,000 To 225,000 competing entries. Every couple weeks I'll toss an entry into a $33 contest, and maybe two or three times a year I'll randomly enter a $150 to $333 contest...and then twice in my life I've entered a $1,500 contest (of course each of those turned out to be a dud for me).

In these $3 to $12 contests you're not sniffing anything above 5 grand unless you finish in the top 5 out of 100,000 to 250,000 competing entries. To win anything above 5K in such contests is akin to winning the lottery.

I mean shit, I was sitting in 1st place out of 172,432 entries and had $100,000 burnt into my screen before winding up in 11th place, which meant my lineup still wound up with a higher point total than exactly 99.9936207% of the field....

And I'll I got was a lousy thousand bucks for it....and no t-shit to speak of.

Reactions: IU40IU
Ok I'm in, but man...the big boys have been vacant lately - Johnson, Speith, Day, and the wheels came off on Sergio last week. Add to that, they're playing the worst course on the tour as voted by the players. Who's gonna win this thing?

I placed 4th and couldn't be happier. If I ever win one of these, and the $25 that accompanies, I'll probably pass out! That tells you my level of excitement these days.

Reactions: IU40IU and Eppy99
I placed 4th and couldn't be happier. If I ever win one of these, and the $25 that accompanies, I'll probably pass out! That tells you my level of excitement these days.

I finished 5th so I was happy. Never thought winning $3 would be so fun but man, it's hard to win money in these things. Golf...you just never know.

Felt bad for Day but great for Horschel. Was a fun round to watch. I was pulling for Hahn for no real reason. Any of that final group would have been fine with me.

I finished 5th so I was happy. Never thought winning $3 would be so fun but man, it's hard to win money in these things. Golf...you just never know.

Felt bad for Day but great for Horschel. Was a fun round to watch. I was pulling for Hahn for no real reason. Any of that final group would have been fine with me.
Same here. Very fun round to watch. Amazing to watch these guys under intense pressure, up or down a stroke, yank one into the trees and act like no big deal. Step up, take a few looks, and whack it out of the deep rough 230 yards to just off the back of the green. To me, out of the whole game, that is what makes a pro a pro.

JOKE OF THE DAY

It was a sunny morning, a little before 8:00 a.m. on the first hole of a busy course, and Tom was beginning his pre-shot routine visualizing the upcoming shot when a piercing voice came over the clubhouse loudspeaker.

“Would the gentleman on the women’s tee back up to the men’s tee, please.”

Tom could feel every eye on the course looking at him. Still deep in his routine, seemingly impervious to the interruption, Tom continued, waggling his club and looking down his target line.

Again the voice came, “Would the man on the women’s tee back up to the men’s tee, please!”

Tom simply ignored the guy and kept concentrating, when once more the man yelled, emphatically, “Would the man on the women’s tee back up to the men’s tee, please!”

Tom finally stopped, turned, cupped his hands and shouted back.

“Would the a**hole with the microphone kindly keep quiet and let me play my second shot!”

Reactions: twenty02 and Eppy99
@C-$ is peaking right now heading towards the US Open.

So we had 25 people for the Players. Should we do the same for US Open or push back up to 30 like we had for the Masters?

Btw, who you guys like to win the US Open?

@C-$ is peaking right now heading towards the US Open.

So we had 25 people for the Players. Should we do the same for US Open or push back up to 30 like we had for the Masters?

Btw, who you guys like to win the US Open?
@C-$ sucks

Day seemed to start putting things together this weekend. If he gets hot no one can beat him, but maybe it was just a fluke and he's still struggling to get back where he was last year.

Golf Joke of The Day...

After the honeymoon, the new wife told her husband, “I think it’s time for you to stop playing golf. In fact, you might as well sell all of your clubs.”

The husband replied, “You’re starting to sound like my ex-wife.”

His wife looked at him crossly and said, “I thought you said you’ve never been married before?”

The husband responded simply, “I haven’t.”

I think @C-$ is going for a douchebag first, the first 3 time consecutive winner. I believe we've had a few 3 time winners.

ADVERTISEMENT