ADVERTISEMENT

The Democrats.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
I cannot believe the majority will vote for todays display. Grassley was a ass. This shit started with Bork but today was off the hook. I will never vote for a democrat ever, and anyone who does is a fool.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
I cannot believe the majority will vote for todays display. Grassley was a ass. This shit started with Bork but today was off the hook. I will never vote for a democrat ever, and anyone who does is a fool.
You know Grassley is a Republican. You’re right though, he was an ass. So you should never vote for one of them again. As was Lindsey Graham, and oh yeah head ass Kavanaugh.

b4961179408f06f8a6fe86b2a388de3d.gif

People occasionally talk about in person get togethers. I wonder about parallel drinking online. What if we all decided to get wasted some night?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The Rockport Zebra is three jiggers of bourbon in a glass with a wide straw, served with a bourbon chaser.
Several, however the performance of the democrats and Durban was appalling. You can't win elections acting like they did today.
Did you miss Kavanaugh and good ole boy Lindsey? Both belong in the psych ward. Hard to win elections covering up sexual abuse one would think. But we’ll see...

Several, however the performance of the democrats and Durban was appalling. You can't win elections acting like they did today.
I've seen about an hour of the hearing in total, and I doubt I'll watch much more than that. So if you watched the whole thing, maybe you know more than me, but I didn't see what you saw. I didn't see Durbin acting "appalling" (or any other Dems). I did see Kavanaugh refuse to answer Durbin's question over and over.

In fact, on both sides, Lindsey Graham notwithstanding, I thought the political theater was actually rather reserved. I saw in Ford a compelling and credible witness. I saw in Kavanaugh a furious anger, which could easily be explained as either entitlement (if he did this, but doesn't think it matters) or righteousness (if he knows he's being railroaded unfairly).

I have no idea whether or not Kavanaugh tried to rape Ford. But the idea that this hearing was somehow a loss for the Dems is probably ludicrous. It might have been a win for Kavanaugh - in the sense that it may have been just enough to cement his confirmation - but if either political party lost, it was almost certainly the Repubs. I guess we'll find out in about six weeks or so.

I've seen about an hour of the hearing in total, and I doubt I'll watch much more than that. So if you watched the whole thing, maybe you know more than me, but I didn't see what you saw. I didn't see Durbin acting "appalling" (or any other Dems). I did see Kavanaugh refuse to answer Durbin's question over and over.

In fact, on both sides, Lindsey Graham notwithstanding, I thought the political theater was actually rather reserved. I saw in Ford a compelling and credible witness. I saw in Kavanaugh a furious anger, which could easily be explained as either entitlement (if he did this, but doesn't think it matters) or righteousness (if he knows he's being railroaded unfairly).

I have no idea whether or not Kavanaugh tried to rape Ford. But the idea that this hearing was somehow a loss for the Dems is probably ludicrous. It might have been a win for Kavanaugh - in the sense that it may have been just enough to cement his confirmation - but if either political party lost, it was almost certainly the Repubs. I guess we'll find out in about six weeks or so.

You got the right take, you don't need to see any more.

Did you miss Kavanaugh and good ole boy Lindsey? Both belong in the psych ward. Hard to win elections covering up sexual abuse one would think. But we’ll see...
No evidence. You stake your position on a high school yearbook. That dog don't hunt.

I am not surprised at your appraisal, I just don't think most votes will see what happened today your way.

No evidence. You stake your position on a high school yearbook. That dog don't hunt.
No evidence because they didn’t investigate or actually have the only eye witness in to testify. That should be obvious .

Let me tell you leftist's one thing. You are a aberration to the anti-war movement who started this path we are on with McGovern. Shouting down speakers and not allowing keynote speakers, assaulting Republicans and their wife's outside their homes and in restaurants plus your display today in the senate makes me fearful of the future. But hear me now, I will fight you to the death. That, in my view is where were are. You elected Trump with the same shit we saw today. Not to mention the blacks that would vote for a black man but stated home for a white women.

Let me tell you leftist's one thing. You are a aberration to the anti-war movement who started this path we are on with McGovern. Shouting down speakers and not allowing keynote speakers, assaulting Republicans and their wife's outside their homes and in restaurants plus your display today in the senate makes me fearful of the future. But hear me now, I will fight you to the death. That, in my view is where were are. You elected Trump with the same shit we saw today. Not to mention the blacks that would vote for a black man but stated home for a white women.
What in the flying **** are you talking about?

Reactions: DrHoops and Zizkov
What in the flying **** are you talking about?
If you don't understand McGovern and the anti-war movement and the relevance to todays left wing then I can't help you. It is astounding to me that what I perceive and what you understand and perceive are disconnected. The left of my day, which I supported is now prostituted. You are up late for a working man in the eastern time zone.

If you don't understand McGovern and the anti-war movement and the relevance to todays left wing then I can't help you. It is astounding to me that what I perceive and what you understand and perceive are disconnected. The left of my day, which I supported is now prostituted. You are up late for a working man in the eastern time zone.
Friday is my day off.

If you honestly think I should intuitively grasp how your rambling mind connects McGovern to Durbin, I am the one who cannot help you. Because this is patently nonsensical.

Friday is my day off.

If you honestly think I should intuitively grasp how your rambling mind connects McGovern to Durbin, I am the one who cannot help you. Because this is patently nonsensical.
I you are young and inexperienced and did experience the last fifty years. You see at age 7 in 63 we watched Contrite very night at 5:30. What year did you tune in?

Reactions: twenty02
There is one way to find out. FBI is highly qualified for the job. Why is K resisting the FBI investigation? Ford and other "so-called" victims are all for it. Is K afraid that FBI will find out the truth?

As I said several times, I am more concerned that K is lying. We cannot afford to have a liar in the supreme court.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Like the right hasn't changed. The right always had xenophobic elements, it is why Ike ran for president; to defeat the xenophobia. But it is a modern invention that the GOP = the John Birch Society/No Nothing Party.

Apparently the ABA disagrees. Kavanaugh touted their "endorsement" thru out his testimony. But this morning they are calling for a delay to the vote and an FBI Investigation...Oops just saw the other thread...

Last edited:
No evidence because they didn’t investigate or actually have the only eye witness in to testify. That should be obvious .

The eye witness already gave his testimony under penalty of perjury. And much like Ford's best friend (who she tried to throw under the bus at the hearing) he said nothing happened. And that has been the case with every accusation that has been thrown his way outside of the ridiculous gang rape ring leader one.

When you look at the objective evidence that has been turned over in all of these, it all favors Kavanaugh. Ms. Ford had emotion but when you started to dig down into her story, there was not much there.

So we are left in our same political corners. Those of you on the left who thought he was an evil rapist still do. Although you have no facts to back you up...all you needed was a sympathetic Ford to cement your foregone conclusion. You got that. For those of us who found the accusation to be lacking, we still find it lacking. And all of the evidence that has been collected supports our viewpoint, something you do not have, which is the secondary reason you want more time to send in the FBI to investigate.

Ford named the witnesses. They all testified against her version of events under penalty of perjury. Kavanaugh was the only one out of the two who could contemporaneously provide some proof of what he was doing all summer. Ford has a compelling story and had a compelling delivery. Something probably did happen to her. But based on what is available, that something does not appear to have been carried out by Kavanaugh.

The eye witness already gave his testimony under penalty of perjury. And much like Ford's best friend (who she tried to throw under the bus at the hearing) he said nothing happened. And that has been the case with every accusation that has been thrown his way outside of the ridiculous gang rape ring leader one.

When you look at the objective evidence that has been turned over in all of these, it all favors Kavanaugh. Ms. Ford had emotion but when you started to dig down into her story, there was not much there.

So we are left in our same political corners. Those of you on the left who thought he was an evil rapist still do. Although you have no facts to back you up...all you needed was a sympathetic Ford to cement your foregone conclusion. You got that. For those of us who found the accusation to be lacking, we still find it lacking. And all of the evidence that has been collected supports our viewpoint, something you do not have, which is the secondary reason you want more time to send in the FBI to investigate.

Ford named the witnesses. They all testified against her version of events under penalty of perjury. Kavanaugh was the only one out of the two who could contemporaneously provide some proof of what he was doing all summer. Ford has a compelling story and had a compelling delivery.

Something probably did happen to her. But based on what is available, that something does not appear to have been carried out by Kavanaugh.

I read an opinion that I think sums it up best for me: (paraphrasing) not sure what actually happened, based on the testimony, and that doubt would certainly keep Kavanaugh out of jail if this were a criminal trial, but this same doubt should keep him off the SC.

Ford named the witnesses. They all testified against her version of events under penalty of perjury. Kavanaugh was the only one out of the two who could contemporaneously provide some proof of what he was doing all summer. Ford has a compelling story and had a compelling delivery. Something probably did happen to her. But based on what is available, that something does not appear to have been carried out by Kavanaugh.

Is there not a caveat here? They did not, largely, testify against Ford's version. They largely said they do not remember. It is not quite the same thing.i think this whole debate is where the internet fails. All of us sitting around as friends probably agree he is lying about NEVER being blackout drunk, the Renate Alumni is some nice tribute, and that Devil's Triangle is a drinking game.

On the other hand, I am not sure lying about those things is more disqualifying than lying about oral sex.

So yes, I think he is and was a wealthy, entitled brat. I am not sure that disqualifies him either. Like all originalists, I think he only is one when it is convenient (see my debates with Ladoga on why he does not file a lawsuit to close down the obviously unconstitutional interstate highway system). But again, that does not disqualify him. And I do get a big laugh out of Trump's most ardent "drain the swamp" backers demanding a lifelong swamp beneficiary be put on the court, but that does not disqualify him.

Reactions: Zizkov and Bill4411
I read an opinion that I think sums it up best for me: (paraphrasing) not sure what actually happened, based on the testimony, and that doubt would certainly keep Kavanaugh out of jail if this were a criminal trial, but this same doubt should keep him off the SC.

Yeah, I disagree and we will never agree on this.

Republicans get very disgusted when Democrats act like Republicans. This will only get worse. Thanks for ruining for all of use sober minded souls

I find it funny that you think this is Democrats acting like Republicans. Compare the vote totals on the last few liberal jurists to get seated on the court with the last few conservative.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Then I'll be a fool.

But since I'm going to wear that label, the least you could do is explain what about this makes me a fool? Not wanting a rapist on the Supreme Court? Not want a liar on the Supreme Court? Not wanting a lifelong partisan tool on the Supreme Court? Not wanting a privileged rich, fratboy who throws a tantrum when faced with consequences for his actions on the Supreme Court?

Or am I a fool just because I believe the woman?

Guilty or not, the heinous display by the democrats callously destroying the families of two honorable people will haunt them. Graham lighting up Feinstein, Booker and crew was spectacular.

Joe Donnelly is Ina very tough spot this morning. Indiana is watching to see if he supports this lynching of two honorable people.

The republican party is destroying American families on a daily basis. Those families aren't plastered on the TV, so you don't care about them.

As an independent I am interested in you fleshing this out. Sounds like a reaction based on pure bias? More importantly, what are your comments on my point? You approve of what we. Saw?

Guilty or not, the heinous display by the democrats callously destroying the families of two honorable people will haunt them. Graham lighting up Feinstein, Booker and crew was spectacular.

Joe Donnelly is Ina very tough spot this morning. Indiana is watching to see if he supports this lynching of two honorable people.

I still don't get the "the Democrats did this" thing. I believe Dr. Ford said in testimony yesterday that she spoke to friends about the incident. Here is part of her transcript yesterday:

... I also sent a message to The Washington Post’s confidential tip line. I did not use my name, but I provided the names of Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. I stated that Mr. Kavanaugh had assaulted me in the 1980s in Maryland. This was an extremely hard thing for me to do, but I felt I couldn’t NOT do it. Over the next two days, I told a couple of close friends on the beach in California that Mr. Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted me. I was conflicted about whether to speak out.

On July 9, 2018, I received a call from the office of Congresswoman Anna Eshoo after Mr. Kavanaugh had become the nominee. I met with her staff on July 11 and with her on July 13, describing the assault and discussing my fear about coming forward. Later, we discussed the possibility of sending a letter to Ranking Member Feinstein, who is one of my state’s Senators, describing what occurred. My understanding is that Representative Eshoo’s office delivered a copy of my letter to Senator Feinstein’s office on July 30, 2018. The letter included my name, but requested that the letter be kept confidential.
So, tell me exactly where the Democrats did any of this.

ADVERTISEMENT