ADVERTISEMENT

The Constitution

Yep.

Step mother has COPD and step father has pace maker.

They have made their decisions to withdraw from certain aspects of society until more is known.

We speak on the phone very frequently and see each other through driveway conversations. I respect their decision to do what is best for them based on their condition and do what I can to help.

It is their right to do what is best for them, as it should be everyone’s right.
Based on your series of posts, your last sentence is irrational. If everyone acts like you propose, there'll be conflict.

There are limits to whatever rights the Constitution may give someone "to do whatever is best for you." It does not give you the right to speed, drive drunk, cheat others in business, threaten people with guns or rob them, spread false information about someone, throw rocks through someone's window, scream in someone's ear or spit in their face or kick in their front door, defecate on others' property, release pollutants into the air or water, etc. etc. etc. no matter how much you think it is "best for you." Your "best for you" standard is false -- it's not a Constitutional standard.

There are many other necessary regulations of business such as fire codes, occupancy limits, health codes for food processors and slaughterhouses, licenses for doctors, lawyers and other professionals, weight limits for trucks, licenses for restaurants and bars, and many others. Your "Constitutional rights" don't prohibit these.

By admitting you'll take precautions to protect your stepmother and stepfather while telling everyone else "If your scared stay home" (Post 44), you've admitted you're not a public-minded champion of the Constitution -- instead, you're just selfish.

Based on your series of posts, your last sentence is irrational. If everyone acts like you propose, there'll be conflict.

There are limits to whatever rights the Constitution may give someone "to do whatever is best for you." It does not give you the right to speed, drive drunk, cheat others in business, threaten people with guns or rob them, spread false information about someone, throw rocks through someone's window, scream in someone's ear or spit in their face or kick in their front door, defecate on others' property, release pollutants into the air or water, etc. etc. etc. no matter how much you think it is "best for you." Your "best for you" standard is false -- it's not a Constitutional standard.

There are many other necessary regulations of business such as fire codes, occupancy limits, health codes for food processors and slaughterhouses, licenses for doctors, lawyers and other professionals, weight limits for trucks, licenses for restaurants and bars, and many others. Your "Constitutional rights" don't prohibit these.

By admitting you'll take precautions to protect your stepmother and stepfather while telling everyone else "If your scared stay home" (Post 44), you've admitted you're not a public-minded champion of the Constitution -- instead, you're just selfish.

Lol

I somewhat agree. But I think distancing and masks help. I was just hearing that only one person in the West Wing wears a mask.

If we do not want the government to shut down business, should we not voluntarily social distance, wear masks, wash our hands? If people will not do that, and there are people on this board saying they refuse those precautions, the alternatives are very bad.
Grocery store tells you to leave if you don't have a mask on. That is the way to do it. Let the free market police the activity. It is the same as no shoes, no shirt, no service.

Grocery store tells you to leave if you don't have a mask on. That is the way to do it. Let the free market police the activity. It is the same as no shoes, no shirt, no service.

Yep, but we know in Detroit a person was shot for telling people to wear a mask in a dollar store. In Oklahoma two McDonalds workers were shot when they told customers their dining room was closed.

And I get the impression a few of us are finding those gunmen to be heroes.

Yep, but we know in Detroit a person was shot for telling people to wear a mask in a dollar store. In Oklahoma two McDonalds workers were shot when they told customers their dining room was closed.

Where do you get that impression?

That’s the sad commentary of the whole thing. So many have been brainwashed.

What many don’t understand is that upholding the basic principles of the constitution is more important than life or death. Right now it seems trivial. But it isn’t. The framers would be spinning in their graves if they knew private businesses were being forced, by the government to shut down, amongst many other blatant violations of basic constitutional provisions, simply because people are getting sick.

The right to worship, freedom of assembly and travel are more important than life or death. If they aren’t, then a crisis can always be manufactured in ordered to violate those rights.

The fifth amendment is being raped in full public view and no one seems to care.

It’s really quite sad so many willfully follow the orders of the powers that be

Dude let's be honest. Some of the "framers" would be spinning in their graves if they knew Black folks could go to school or eat at the same table with White folks. And the idea that Black people are CITIZENS, that can VOTE, and that a Black man has actually been elected POTUS. Some of those "fine gentlemen who left their plantations in Virginia and South Carolina" to journey to the Constitutional Convention would be spinning in their graves like a water spout...

Dude let's be honest. Some of the "framers" would be spinning in their graves if they knew Black folks could go to school or eat at the same table with White folks. And the idea that Black people are CITIZENS, that can VOTE, and that a Black man has actually been elected POTUS. Some of those "fine gentlemen who left their plantations in Virginia and South Carolina" to journey to the Constitutional Convention would be spinning in their graves like a water spout...

Ya your right. Throw out the whole thing

Marvin- Don't you know. Those people were heroes, standing up for their rights. Not like those lazy NBA players who had the audacity to kneel or remain seated during the playing of (our Constitutionally based) National Anthem. Just ask our Glorious Leader President Trump- he tweeted all about it...

Ya your right. Throw out the whole thing

How do you think the "framers" might have reacted to the idea of a "National Anthem" and compelling people to stand while it played? I mean there were some Pennsylvanians among the delegates- you know, the Quaker state...

And my history tells me that after white Devils brought the scourge of Smallpox to the West in particular, there were plenty of episodes where whole towns were quarantined. Why have the events from this episode struck such a discord of discontent with such a vocal minority? I wonder what in the world can be motivating all these folks...

I wonder why the Dorr Bros keep popping up since their main thing is "gun rights"? How do "gun rights" relate to COVID-19? Just curious...

"Josh Ellis is the leader of AR2, which has driven anti-lockdown protests across the country, and presented itself as a spontaneous uprising. In videos posted to YouTube, the AR2 website, and across anti-lockdown Facebook groups, Ellis has presented the movement as inclusive and bipartisan, and himself as a conservative everyman.

In the most widely watched video, Ellis, who runs a home-repair business in suburban Chicago, describes himself as “an average American citizen”, concerned to “defend what America was founded on and what America is about”.

But in recordings of Ellis speaking to an inner circle of AR2 members last week, he detailed the help he had received from other players, including radical pro-gun and militia activists.

Ellis told the group, whose Facebook profile picture is the logo of the Three Percent militia, that in recent days he had “talked to the Dorr brothers”.

The Dorr brothers – Chris, Ben, Aaron, and Matthew – are rightwing activists whose methods have been roundly criticized by conservative groups and legislators.

Ellis continued: “I was like, ‘Hey guys, I just need you to promote my thing on May 1st if that’s alright,’ and they were like, ‘Hey, awesome.’”

The Dorr brothers have orchestrated online campaigns which stake out positions to the right of established pro-gun groups such as the NRA, and state-based right-to-life groups. The campaigns then encourage rank-and-file conservatives to donate money and sign petitions on websites that harvest their data."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...inks-coronavirus-protests-american-revolution

We now see a president's valet has tested positive. When we discuss opening up but locking high risk people down, this shows how very tough that would be.
And now, the VP's press secretary.
And I never see trump/pence in masks. It’s absurd.
The White House is going to be the next hot spot.

This tells me that no matter how much and how widely you test, if you don't act like you've got some sense and stay away from each other and wear masks and do all the inconvenient and uncomfortable shit you're supposed to, these critters will find a way in.

I hope she doesn't get sick, but wouldn't mind if that Goebbels wannabe she married has a rough time.

Reactions: cosmickid
The White House is going to be the next hot spot.

This tells me that no matter how much and how widely you test, if you don't act like you've got some sense and stay away from each other and wear masks and do all the inconvenient and uncomfortable shit you're supposed to, these critters will find a way in.

I hope she doesn't get sick, but wouldn't mind if that Goebbels wannabe she married has a rough time.
Lmao you might be right. Is that irony? Karma? and that’s why i’ve lost interest in testing. I totally agree. Too damn many reckless people is our Achilles heal, not a dearth of testing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT