ADVERTISEMENT

The Colts are DOA

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
I feel sorry for season ticket holders. I am waiting for my son to tell me there are $6 tickets available and he wants to go. I am not one to turn down father-son opportunities, but I will suggest we just watch together on TV, or better yet, not watch together on TV. Those leaves aren't going to rake themselves!

I thought they had looked bad earlier in the season, but nothing like yesterday. 10 sacks in one game? I would have finished up with Tolzein to protect the only guy that seems to want to play Effort issues on the defensive side were obvious. The whole team looks bad. The biggest evidence that Pagano has lost the team is TY Hilton publicly throwing the O-line under the bus, He is 100% correct, but you don't say that where the press can hear it unless you don't care what the coaches will say or do.

Pagano has surrounded himself with such bad coaches that I don't think anyone would be capable of taking over if he were fired during the season. I expect him to head into the last game knowing the following Monday is moving day. Indy sports media has to be buzzing today.

It might be a perfect storm, as my spoiled rotten Michigan friends are today wanting to dump Harbaugh.

Would Irsay be smart enough to hire him, with total control (meaning, fire the GM too)?

Nah...

Why would they give Harbaugh complete control? The organization is already a mess from the last moron who had too much control and should have been fired, but wasn't.

Why would they give Harbaugh complete control? The organization is already a mess from the last moron who had too much control and should have been fired, but wasn't.
I'm not seeing the post with the Harbaugh mention. I thought at one point he might be a guy that understands the Colts and would want the job. I don't think that is the case right now. The Colts will likely get a retread former head coach that is working as a coordinator someplace. They will talk to Harbaugh if he shows interest, but I find that unlikely.

It might be a perfect storm, as my spoiled rotten Michigan friends are today wanting to dump Harbaugh.

Would Irsay be smart enough to hire him, with total control (meaning, fire the GM too)?

Nah...

If Michigan fans run out Harbaugh, they're just stupid. He's a proven coach, at every level, and even he can't fix their problems. Who else are they really gonna get?

If Michigan fans run out Harbaugh, they're just stupid. He's a proven coach, at every level, and even he can't fix their problems. Who else are they really gonna get?
If they beat Ohio State this year all would be forgiven. Lloyd Carr won big at Michigan and he couldn't beat OSU very much which is why he got ran out. That rivalry means a lot.

If they beat Ohio State this year all would be forgiven. Lloyd Carr won big at Michigan and he couldn't beat OSU very much which is why he got ran out. That rivalry means a lot.

I'm aware of what that game means to Michigan. I grew up in Ann Arbor and went to IU.

He isn't going to be run out of MI. But I do think it's 50/50 that he's coaching the Colts next yr...by his choice.

A lot of Colts fans think the next HC will be the Chiefs Special Teams coordinator. He's apparently Ballards guy. He seems like another Pagano to me.

A lot of Colts fans think the next HC will be the Chiefs Special Teams coordinator. He's apparently Ballards guy. He seems like another Pagano to me.
That would be a dumb hire by the Colts. I'm worried now that is what they will do. Hopefully Irsay is sober the day Ballard suggests it.

I'm not seeing the post with the Harbaugh mention. I thought at one point he might be a guy that understands the Colts and would want the job. I don't think that is the case right now. The Colts will likely get a retread former head coach that is working as a coordinator someplace. They will talk to Harbaugh if he shows interest, but I find that unlikely.
Ballard came KC where Andy Reid was the HC. Andy Reid is a grade A asshole by all accounts and tough to work for and play for, so Ballard at least has that background if he wants to hire someone like Harbaugh or hire Jim.

The Colts were never going to be good this year because most in the front office knew that Luck wouldn't be available until midyear, if at all. This year was about evaluation and getting some of the pieces here. Ballard has really reworked the front office and brought in some guys that are highly thought of in NFL circles. It's going to take them a couple years at least before the Colts are back in the 9 to 10 game winning picture. But I'm pretty confident that they will bring in someone that has experience in coaching and that has had success somewhere else in the NFL.

Reactions: 76-1
giphy.gif

Ballard came KC where Andy Reid was the HC. Andy Reid is a grade A asshole by all accounts and tough to work for and play for, so Ballard at least has that background if he wants to hire someone like Harbaugh or hire Jim.

The Colts were never going to be good this year because most in the front office knew that Luck wouldn't be available until midyear, if at all. This year was about evaluation and getting some of the pieces here. Ballard has really reworked the front office and brought in some guys that are highly thought of in NFL circles. It's going to take them a couple years at least before the Colts are back in the 9 to 10 game winning picture. But I'm pretty confident that they will bring in someone that has experience in coaching and that has had success somewhere else in the NFL.
There isn't a single player on that team that I enjoy watching. Usually you like watching your team because there are players that you can feel good about. I remember Hilton's play earlier this year where he flopped to the ground instead of stretching out for a first down. I would forgive him if it were the only time it happened. Hilton is only one example. I would not miss a single person, except Brissett. He took a beating Sunday and refused to come out of the game. Pagano should have pulled him anyway, but that is another matter.

There isn't a single player on that team that I enjoy watching. Usually you like watching your team because there are players that you can feel good about. I remember Hilton's play earlier this year where he flopped to the ground instead of stretching out for a first down. I would forgive him if it were the only time it happened. Hilton is only one example. I would not miss a single person, except Brissett. He took a beating Sunday and refused to come out of the game. Pagano should have pulled him anyway, but that is another matter.
There's a few players they will keep and they should. Problem 15 or so and then Viniteri and Sanchez. But they still need to turn the roster over a couple more times for sure.

Mack is an exciting player. He and Hilton are dynamic and fast. If they ever could get a decent OL they'd be okay on O with those two alone.

There's a few players they will keep and they should. Problem 15 or so and then Viniteri and Sanchez. But they still need to turn the roster over a couple more times for sure.

Mack is an exciting player. He and Hilton are dynamic and fast. If they ever could get a decent OL they'd be okay on O with those two alone.
Mack is a keeper, but Hilton can be replaced. I would trade him while he has value to stockpile draft picks.

Vinitieri will someday need to be replaced, but not now. Sanchez, Hooker, and some of the young defensive players can stay. We know the Colts won't go out in FA and get what they need, so they have to do it by numbers in the draft.

Mack is a keeper, but Hilton can be replaced. I would trade him while he has value to stockpile draft picks.

Vinitieri will someday need to be replaced, but not now. Sanchez, Hooker, and some of the young defensive players can stay. We know the Colts won't go out in FA and get what they need, so they have to do it by numbers in the draft.
Well Ballard signed a chit ton of FAs for D this season. Simon, Sheard, Hankins, and Wood were 4 key guys. Ballard claims he will attack the offense in this free agent period.

Again, it'll be a two year rebuild with year 3 being the goal to really compete. So we shall see.

Well Ballard signed a chit ton of FAs for D this season. Simon, Sheard, Hankins, and Wood were 4 key guys. Ballard claims he will attack the offense in this free agent period.

Again, it'll be a two year rebuild with year 3 being the goal to really compete. So we shall see.
Those were good pickups, and made up for what they have lost recently. It seems they often lose better players than they get. I was thinking the other day about any recent high profile players that made a difference and stayed with the team. Gore, and who else? Hasselbeck? He was probably the best backup we have had.

If I was the Colts I would build a solid OL to keep Luck healthy and then spend the rest of my money and picks on D and Special Teams. I think Luck is good enough that scoring points won't be a problem. They should've done the same thing in the Manning era rather than drafting a WR or RB every year.

Reactions: crossfire74
If I was the Colts I would build a solid OL to keep Luck healthy and then spend the rest of my money and picks on D and Special Teams. I think Luck is good enough that scoring points won't be a problem. They should've done the same thing in the Manning era rather than drafting a WR or RB every year.
Brilliant. Too bad they hired a Purdue grad to run the franchise into the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT