ADVERTISEMENT

The Cleveland Guardians

Dumb. Should have gone wtih Cleveland Baseball Team or Cleveland Rocks

Maybe the WTF NFL team will follow their lead and go from Redskins to porkskins. They already have the hogs.

Reactions: stollcpa
I think they should change the name of their football team also, because brown’s is offensive to brown people.

Reactions: sluggo69
Good grief.......
They can't even get a native Clevelander to narrate this garbage.

Tom Hanks is from Northern California. He grew up a fracking A's fan.

What a bunch of frauds......
Not to mention they have traded away almost their entire rotation (Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger,& Carrasco) the last 2 years because they have no money yet they can pay Tom Hanks to narrate the new team name that is named after statues on a bridge.

Reactions: F.Fletch
Not to mention they have traded away almost their entire rotation (Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger,& Carrasco) the last 2 years because they have no money yet they can pay Tom Hanks to narrate the new team name that is named after statues on a bridge.
Should've gotten Lou Brown to do it. Would've been more authentic.

I have a special fondness for cities such as Cleveland which lie in the Rust Belt. Since about 1980 the cities of the Midwest and Northeast have faced tough times. The industries which once made these cities thrive are in decline. This along with aging infrastructures and climates which aren't exactly appealing make it tough to compete with newer cities in other regions.

To top it off the Rust Belt cities compete with each other by giving huge tax incentives to attract employers. Taxes which should go toward infrastructure, law enforcement, and education. Ironically companies with huge profit margins aren't lured by just low taxes and instead prefer communities with less crime and better educated workers.

You missed the obvious...Pigskins.
I like my junk food.

I would have said Chicarrones which is Mexican version of porkskins that I buy in the HEB in austin. But I expect that would racist to use Chicarones in America.

The WTF could sell them at concessions stands.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
No matter how you slice it, it’s a horrible name. Let me guess, they will change their team colors to teal and black.

Stupid wokeness. Ironic with the city’s crime rate they chose Guardians.
One of dearest friends is a leading home security "consultant" (formerly called a salesman) for Guardian Protection.

Protecting homeowners against crime is a prime lucrative focus for Guardian Protection.

I would guess the Cleveland baseball team choosing the name Guardian has my friend jumping for joy.

High crime rates aren't necessarily bad for everyone.

Last edited:
One of dearest friends is a leading home security "consultant" (formerly called a salesman) for Guardian Protection.

Protecting homeowners against crime is a prime lucrative focus for Guardian Protection.

I would guess the Cleveland baseball team choosing the name Guardian has my friend jumping for joy.

High crime rates aren't necessarily bad for everyone.
Good point.

I predict only the conservatives on this forum will care about this.
I think we can solve this easily. Just use the city and add “football club, hockey club, basketball club, baseball club, soccer club, lacrosse club, bowling club, badminton club, field hockey club and all the sports I missed.

Then we need to rename all cities and states that offend the democrat woke crowd. If we could get the democrats to devote all their time to this project they couldn’t do other damage to the country.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I think we can solve this easily. Just use the city and add “football club, hockey club, basketball club, baseball club, soccer club, lacrosse club, bowling club, badminton club, field hockey club and all the sports I missed.

Then we need to rename all cities and states that offend the democrat woke crowd. If we could get the democrats to devote all their time to this project they couldn’t do other damage to the country.

Here's what Trump says:

"Can anybody believe that the Cleveland Indians, a storied and cherished baseball franchise since taking the name in 1915, are changing their name to the Guardians? Such a disgrace, and I guarantee that the people who are most angry about it are the many Indians of our Country," Trump said in a statement.

Meanwhile, those "woke" Native Americans of the Lake Erie Native American Council, had this to say:

On Friday, the CLE Indigenous Coalition said, "Today, we stand with our heads held high and full of gratitude to those who came before us in the fight. ... This name change will help create a place where Native American children and their families are valued and fully seen."
"We are pleased the Cleveland baseball team took a comprehensive approach to listen and learn and show it is possible to take steps toward change."

Also:

President Donald Trump denounced the Cleveland team's decision, tweeting that it "was not good news, even for 'Indians.'"
But many tribal members in Montana disagree, arguing that such names and mascots often reinforce harmful stereotypes as they depict Indigenous people as figures of the past.

Those ungrateful people need to go back where they came from.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Circle the wagons!

2KGo9R.gif

Here's what Trump says:

"Can anybody believe that the Cleveland Indians, a storied and cherished baseball franchise since taking the name in 1915, are changing their name to the Guardians? Such a disgrace, and I guarantee that the people who are most angry about it are the many Indians of our Country," Trump said in a statement.

Meanwhile, those "woke" Native Americans of the Lake Erie Native American Council, had this to say:

On Friday, the CLE Indigenous Coalition said, "Today, we stand with our heads held high and full of gratitude to those who came before us in the fight. ... This name change will help create a place where Native American children and their families are valued and fully seen."
"We are pleased the Cleveland baseball team took a comprehensive approach to listen and learn and show it is possible to take steps toward change."

Also:

President Donald Trump denounced the Cleveland team's decision, tweeting that it "was not good news, even for 'Indians.'"
But many tribal members in Montana disagree, arguing that such names and mascots often reinforce harmful stereotypes as they depict Indigenous people as figures of the past.

Those ungrateful people need to go back where they came from.
I could care less what Trump says now. Probably would help if you folks moved forward too.

BTW did you watch the current president’s Townhall last night? I assume not. Neither were many other people. I saw some excerpts today. They’re going to have to provide an interpreter to explain what he’s saying.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I don't care either way, not a Cleveland fan, but Guardians? That was the best they could come up with?
I'm not a Clevelander, but apparently the Guardians are a significant symbol of the city's culture and image. I sure wouldn't appreciate someone who knew little about Fort Wayne telling me the Tin Caps was a bad team name, so I'm not going to pretend I know more than actual Clevelanders on the topic.

Reactions: jaygyure
I'm not a Clevelander, but apparently the Guardians are a significant symbol of the city's culture and image. I sure wouldn't appreciate someone who knew little about Fort Wayne telling me the Tin Caps was a bad team name, so I'm not going to pretend I know more than actual Clevelanders on the topic.
John Chapman supports this message. Merlin does not.

Did they make sure the statues aren’t offensive to democrats?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT