ADVERTISEMENT

The Cleveland Browns are 2.5 point road favorites in week 3

So what you're saying is youre taking the Colts and the points right?

I went to a Colts board last week, for the first time in years. Why? I happen to like Jacoby Brissett and was wondering how the fan base viewed him.

The last time I was on a Colts board, maybe 5-6 years ago, I was run out on a rail for commenting that the franchise was being held back by a incompetent drug-addled owner, poor scouting, poor coaching, poor player development, poor trades, horrible player personnel decisions, and really just an overall lack of institutional competence.

Now what are the Colts fans boys talking about, the same people that years ago argued with me so vigorously?

They are talking about how they might never turn it around until their incompetent drug-addled owner turns over the franchise to his kids or sells it, lamenting their poor scouting, ragging on their awful coaching, poor player development, poor trades, horrible player personnel decisions, and commenting on their overall lack of institutional competence.

It's like every C***TS fan suddenly had a mind-meld with me. They woke up.

Last edited:
I went to a Colts board last week, for the first time in years. Why? I happen to like Jacoby Brissett and was wondering how the fan base viewed him.

The last time I was on a Colts board, maybe 5-6 years ago, I was run out on a rail for commenting that the franchise was being held back by a incompetent drug-addled owner, poor scouting, poor coaching, poor player development, poor trades, horrible player personnel decisions, and really just an overall lack of institutional competence.

Now what are the Colts fans boys talking about, the same people that years ago argued with me so vigorously?

They are talking about how they might never turn it around until their incompetent drug-addled owner turns over the franchise to his kids or sells it, lamenting their poor scouting, ragging on their awful coaching, poor player development, poor trades, horrible player personnel decisions, and commenting on their overall lack of institutional competence.

It's like every C***TS fan suddenly had a mind-meld with me. They woke up.
I said the NFL as a whole is a shit product 5-6 years ago. Now everybody is talking about how much of shit product it is. Where is my prize?

I said the NFL as a whole is a shit product 5-6 years ago. Now everybody is talking about how much of shit product it is. Where is my prize?
If the quality of play in the NFL has declined, which year is it declining from? When was the golden age of the NFL?

76-1,

I can't speak to that era, since part of it was before I was born and part of it I was much more interested in Lincoln Logs. My first NFL memories are in the early 70s.

Man, both college and NFL football were downright awful back then. Three yards and a cloud of dust, the choices were to run left, right , or up the middle. The goal was to win 10-7. Gee, another fullback dive. Boring as all hell.

Then came the 80s and NFL offenses got innovative. The NFL was entertaining: Air Coryell. The West Coast Offense. The run-and-shoot. Wicky Wacky Wyche and his sugar huddles and fast break attacks, that then morphed into Buffalo's "fun and gun". In the middle you had the one hit wonder, the Bears, though they were also fun to watch.

I can understand why today might seem boring, with the absence of parity, with the greatest pro sport dynasty of the modern era running roughshod over whatever pathetic team that you support. It must be tough to even appreciate what they are doing, 17 years running, in a hard salary cap era. Greatness like we've never seen before.

Sure, some things aren't ideal. Bill Polian got so many rules changed to try to favor his C**TS, his own one hit wonders. Didn't help, and the imbalance favoring the offense is certainly a downside to the modern NFL, but still I can appreciate greatness. Sad that you don't.

Sit on your porch, bitter old fool, with shotgun in hand. Don't worry, I WILL stay off your lawn.

"I can't speak to that era because I wasn't born yet and later was playing with blocks, but let me tell you how awful that was."

Typical Pats fan arrogance. LOL

"I can't speak to that era because I wasn't born yet and later was playing with blocks, but let me tell you how awful that was."

Typical Pats fan arrogance.

Typical ignorance and lack of reading comprehension skills from you. Must be a retarded Colts fan, right?

As I explained, I was not old enough to see NFL football from 1960-1967, and I certainly made no attempt whatsoever to comment on "how awful it was" at that time.

I very specifically said that once I started watching football, in the early 1970s, it was pretty awful. I explained why, and explained why it was better in the 1980s, in my opinion.

Learn to read, doofus.

Typical ignorance and lack of reading comprehension skills from you. Must be a retarded Colts fan, right?

As I explained, I was not old enough to see NFL football from 1960-1967, and I certainly made no attempt whatsoever to comment on "how awful it was" at that time.

I very specifically said that once I started watching football, in the early 1970s, it was pretty awful. I explained why, and explained why it was better in the 1980s, in my opinion.

Learn to read, doofus.

So if you weren't yet born in 60, but were playing with blocks in 67, you were born somewhere in 63-65? Roughly between the ages of 5 and 12 you were bored with awful early 70's NFL football? Tell me more. Perhaps I should subscribe to your newsletter.

76-1,

I can't speak to that era, since part of it was before I was born and part of it I was much more interested in Lincoln Logs. My first NFL memories are in the early 70s.

Man, both college and NFL football were downright awful back then. Three yards and a cloud of dust, the choices were to run left, right , or up the middle. The goal was to win 10-7. Gee, another fullback dive. Boring as all hell.

Then came the 80s and NFL offenses got innovative. The NFL was entertaining: Air Coryell. The West Coast Offense. The run-and-shoot. Wicky Wacky Wyche and his sugar huddles and fast break attacks, that then morphed into Buffalo's "fun and gun". In the middle you had the one hit wonder, the Bears, though they were also fun to watch.

I can understand why today might seem boring, with the absence of parity, with the greatest pro sport dynasty of the modern era running roughshod over whatever pathetic team that you support. It must be tough to even appreciate what they are doing, 17 years running, in a hard salary cap era. Greatness like we've never seen before.

Sure, some things aren't ideal. Bill Polian got so many rules changed to try to favor his C**TS, his own one hit wonders. Didn't help, and the imbalance favoring the offense is certainly a downside to the modern NFL, but still I can appreciate greatness. Sad that you don't.

Sit on your porch, bitter old fool, with shotgun in hand. Don't worry, I WILL stay off your lawn.

Who told you I sat on my porch with a shotgun!!! :eek::mad:o_O (I've always kept it hidden under my leg warming shawl so as to surprise you young whipper- snappers);)

Last edited:
So if you weren't yet born in 60, but were playing with blocks in 67, you were born somewhere in 63-65? Roughly between the ages of 5 and 12 you were bored with awful early 70's NFL football? Tell me more. Perhaps I should subscribe to your newsletter.

You don't remember football at all from when you were a teenager? I know that you were still riding "the short bus" with the other retards to vocational school at age 17, but I'd think you would have been somewhat aware of the world by then. But I guess not.

Typical C**TS fan IQ.

Again, I don't know what a dunderhead you were as a child, but I remember quite vividly many sporting events, clearly

age 6:
-1969 ISHAA semi-finals and finals, dominating performance by McGinnis. His decision to go to IU made me an IU fan
-1969 NCAA finals, Purdue and Mount vs. Alcindor and UCLA. Total rout. I was amazed by Alcindor's grace
age 7:
-on a Saturday in February, I watched Pistol Pete on TV score 69 points vs. Alabama on the SEC "game of the week" on channel 11 out of Louisville
-I attended my first Pacers game in person, Fairgrounds coliseum
age 8:
-I cheered for the Reds vs. the Orioles. Every time the Reds threatened, it seems Brooks Robinson made a great play
-I attended my first IU game in person, vs. San Jose St. Tickets were a Christmas present. ,McGinnis, Downing, Wright, John Ritter
age 9:
remember watching Wilt's last hurrah, winning the 1972 finals with the 69 win team that had won 33 in a row
age 10
-I remember the Rose Bowl and the amazing Sam Cunningham. He was drafted by the Patriots and I became a Pats fan then
-I remember watching the undefeated Dolphins win the SB
-I remember IU losing in the final 4 to UCLA. I cried. The charge call was bogus
age 12
-I cried like a baby when IU lost to KY. Couldn't believe it. Damn the luck on the May broken arm
age 13
-32 and 0, baby. redemption & relief
-Pittsburgh wins their first SB. I was cheering for the Vikings. I liked Fran Tarkington

---
Those are off the top of my head. I guess you were drooling on the short bus with the other soon-to-be Colts fans

Last edited:
How were you 6 in 1969, but a teenager in the early 70's?

Your responses that resort to nothing more than personal attacks are great examples of typical Pats fan arrogance.

You sound like you were a pretty normal kid. What traumatic incident caused you to become a NE fan???:confused: Head Injury?:(

How were you 6 in 1969, but a teenager in the early 70's?

Your responses that resort to nothing more than personal attacks are great examples of typical Pats fan arrogance.

You are not good at math Being born in the fall of 1962, was was 6 in early 1969 and would have been a teenager in the fall of 1975.

Is this really that hard for you?

I began watching in the early 70s: My first memory of watching an NFL game was the Dolphins undefeated SB team. IMO 80s football was superior to 70s football, having been a teenager in the mid 70s.

You sound like you were a pretty normal kid. What traumatic incident caused you to become a NE fan???:confused: Head Injury?:(

If you grew up in Indiana in the 70s, what NFL team were you SUPPOSED to be a fan of? As I recall the Bears & Bengals were on TV the most, in southern Indiana. I never liked either, not sure why, though the Wyche Bengals were fun to watch in the 80s.

As I said, Sam Cunningham was my first favorite player after I watched him dominate the Rose Bowl game, and I loosely followed the Patriots after he went there. There Patriots were not good, so in those days you would never see them on TV (one or sometimes two Sunday afternoon games on one channel, and MNF, was all there was on TV then), so "loosely following" basically meant I'd look at box scores on Monday. You could not actively follow out-of-region teams in those days, unless they were dominant. No ESPN. There was just CBS, ABC, NBC, fuzzy PBS, and Channel 4. Plus Sporting News. I loved Sporting News! All the box scores!

Then in the fall of 1984, six months after the Colts moved to Indy and before they had ever played a game, I went to graduate school in New England and actually got to see the Patriots play. My first year there, they upset the Dolphins and made it to the Super Bowl to be pummeled by the Bears. Not a great ending, but an exciting run that got me hooked. I moved away in 1987 but came back in 1995. Bill Parcells was coach, and they were an interesting team.

Yes, even this 17-year run with Brady/Belichick has been a minority of my time being a Patriots fan.

If you grew up in Indiana in the 70s, what NFL team were you SUPPOSED to be a fan of? As I recall the Bears & Bengals were on TV the most, in southern Indiana. I never liked either, not sure why, though the Wyche Bengals were fun to watch in the 80s.

As I said, Sam Cunningham was my first favorite player after I watched him dominate the Rose Bowl game, and I loosely followed the Patriots after he went there. There Patriots were not good, so in those days you would never see them on TV (one or sometimes two Sunday afternoon games on one channel, and MNF, was all there was on TV then), so "loosely following" basically meant I'd look at box scores on Monday. You could not actively follow out-of-region teams in those days, unless they were dominant. No ESPN. There was just CBS, ABC, NBC, fuzzy PBS, and Channel 4. Plus Sporting News. I loved Sporting News! All the box scores!

Then in the fall of 1984, six months after the Colts moved to Indy and before they had ever played a game, I went to graduate school in New England and actually got to see the Patriots play. My first year there, they upset the Dolphins and made it to the Super Bowl to be pummeled by the Bears. Not a great ending, but an exciting run that got me hooked. I moved away in 1987 but came back in 1995. Bill Parcells was coach, and they were an interesting team.

Yes, even this 17-year run with Brady/Belichick has been a minority of my time being a Patriots fan.

Glad to hear there was no injury involved (for your sake). :D

76-1,

What do you think of people who switch allegiances to sports teams? They're fair weather fans, it seems to me.

Keep in mind for every person who is a Colts fan now, but that is 46 years old or older: if he followed an NFL team by the time that he was 13, then he must have BAILED on that team to become a Colts fan. The only exception would be the rare dude who happened to follow the Baltimore Colts while living in Indiana, but that seems highly unlikely.

What NFL team do you like now? What team did you bail on?

Followed the Packers until 1968, then enjoyed watching the Vikings for awhile, then had no interest in any Pro team (too busy with live football) until the Colts became the "home" team (and I've never cared much for how we got them) and to tell the truth I never cared very much at all one way or another about them until about 2004, so it took me awhile to jump on the band wagon (I quietly rolled off without injury when they hired Grigson [I knew where that would take them!]).

I'm just a long suffering IU Football fan and I'm sticking with them thru thick and thin, all others are on a "time slot available" basis only...

Oh and I almost forgot: GET OFF MY LAWN!!! (and that IS the sound of what you thought it was being racked so step lively sonny...).;):mad:;)

Last edited:
Reactions: outside shooter
I was a Bengals fan before the Colts came to town. My allegiance gradually switched towards the Colts over time simply because of their exposure and the Bengals lack of locally. It wasn't being a fair weather fan because both teams were awful. Boomer leaving Cincinnati made my change in allegiance easier. I loved watching him and Kenny Anderson as well. For the most part, I only live and die with all IU sports, and the LA Dodgers. All the rest are merely casual entertainment.

Last edited:
You are not good at math Being born in the fall of 1962, was was 6 in early 1969 and would have been a teenager in the fall of 1975.

Is this really that hard for you?

I began watching in the early 70s: My first memory of watching an NFL game was the Dolphins undefeated SB team. IMO 80s football was superior to 70s football, having been a teenager in the mid 70s.

You contradict yourself. You weren't a teen until 75. Is 75 the early 70's? You refer to being a teenager in the mid 70's. Your Pats fan arrogance just doesn't allow you to let it go, but rather keeps you tweaking things to justify it.

You contradict yourself. You weren't a teen until 75. Is 75 the early 70's? You refer to being a teenager in the mid 70's. Your Pats fan arrogance just doesn't allow you to let it go, but rather keeps you tweaking things to justify it.
Listen, you rude ignorant prick-face loser, I never said I was a teenager when I first watched an NFL game. Learn to read. I said that my first NFL memories are in the early 70s. I also said that, in my opinion, 70s football was pretty boring, at least compared to 80s football, when offenses go much more innovative. I said that I was a teenager in the 70s. All of that is true, you sh*t-faced f*ck-wad.

Facts are stubborn things; they don't bend to your ill-informed opinions.

I can't speak for all Patriots fans, but I for one have a deep respect for truthfulness

Last edited:
I was a Bengals fan before the Colts came to town. My allegiance gradually switched towards the Colts over time simply because of their exposure and the Bengals lack of locally. It wasn't being a fair weather fan because both teams were awful. Boomer leaving Cincinnati made my change in allegiance easier. I loved watching him and Kenny Anderson as well. For the most part, I only live and die with all IU sports, and the LA Dodgers. All the rest are merely casual entertainment.
Lifelong Dodger fan here! This past month has caused me to up my blood pressure meds.

As for switching allegiance, I grew up a Cowboys fan. Tony Dorsett was my favorite player and then Emmitt. However, I really got tired of Jerry Jones and the circus that was the Cowboys.So when the Colts drafted Luck, I change to being a Colts fan. It is much more enjoyable following the hometown team even though the organization is a crap show right now. But I will stick with them.
Luckily, I don't "live" for football like I used to. Baseball and hockey and IU basketball is another story.

ADVERTISEMENT