ADVERTISEMENT

The cards are stacked against a lot of teams and there is very little to overcome that.

I see your point about not using our BTN earnings to keep up with the facilities arms race, but I was OK with moving that money to academics. For what we have, we have upgraded our facilities to top of the line. It’s pointless to do anything else until we get the right coach that can win. I think our program has the quality of facilities and budget to attract the coach that Kansas State reeled in. Fred has his chips all in on Allen and Archie. If they fail, the right AD will be able to immediately hire quality coaches.
You have no idea if the coaches are the right coach yet especially football. If coach Allen doesn't improve the team when he has a full roster of his players [two more years] then I will agree with you.

Reactions: 76-1
I see your point about not using our BTN earnings to keep up with the facilities arms race, but I was OK with moving that money to academics. For what we have, we have upgraded our facilities to top of the line. It’s pointless to do anything else until we get the right coach that can win. I think our program has the quality of facilities and budget to attract the coach that Kansas State reeled in. Fred has his chips all in on Allen and Archie. If they fail, the right AD will be able to immediately hire quality coaches.
If you’re fine having good but subpar facilities that’s your opinion. But you can’t say they’re “top of the line” if nearly every school in our conference has better facilities. That’s directly contradicting to the definition.

Again, it’s your opinion to say you’re fine with mediocre low end facilities because you care more about academics. But you can’t say IU’s are top of the line, or anywhere close to that universe.

You have no idea if the coaches are the right coach yet especially football. If coach Allen doesn't improve the team when he has a full roster of his players [two more years] then I will agree with you.
You’re right. We don’t know yet. I am not jumping the gun. I’m just saying that for Indiana to succeed, we need to maintain top notch facilities and get the right coach. Expanding the stadium or building a sports marketing building is the cart before the horse. We have no tradition, so we have to keep waiting for the right guy. I hope it’s Allen.

If you’re fine having good but subpar facilities that’s your opinion. But you can’t say they’re “top of the line” if nearly every school in our conference has better facilities. That’s directly contradicting to the definition.

Again, it’s your opinion to say you’re fine with mediocre low end facilities because you care more about academics. But you can’t say IU’s are top of the line, or anywhere close to that universe.
Honestly, I don’t know how they compare. They are new though, so my assumption is that they are up to par. I think there are a lot of very good coaches that would see this program as a great opportunity.

Honestly, I don’t know how they compare. They are new though, so my assumption is that they are up to par. I think there are a lot of very good coaches that would see this program as a great opportunity.
You should visit other schools like recruits do. It’s night and day. IU is probably closer to the bigger high school facilities than we are to the top end college programs.

The key for IU is to recruit solidly and find several special players to change the game. PU found one in Moore and IU has some that can become those type of players. UM has been the team OSU is now but has fallen on tough times for them so it doesn't last forever. Football is cyclical and the tide will turn if schools care enough to give their teams a chance to succeed.
Indiana has been waiting 121 years for the cycle to turn its way. Got any idea how long this takes? Is it every 250 years? Every 500 years? What if it's every 1,000 years?

You should visit other schools like recruits do. It’s night and day. IU is probably closer to the bigger high school facilities than we are to the top end college programs.
You mean like Northwestern before they built their new facility? Like when they were going to the Rose Bowl?

You just want IU to build a cow barn like Purdue and we're way smarter than that.

"But unfortunately we don’t have an administration that cares about winning so they spend the money elsewhere."

Not caring about winning is just BS. They most certainly want to win. They also want to have a university that doesn't sell it's soul for an athletic program.

So they give money to build a new building on campus to start a new academic program. This is while they are building a new end zone and volleyball/wrestling facility and had already added the NEZ, new softball and baseball stadiums, Cook Hall, and renovations to Assembly Hall. And a new building for the marching band.

If you want to go root for a football factory, there are schools that spend way more money than IU on athletics. If you want to root for a real university that doesn't sell out for athletics, then you have to support it's academic mission.
New golf course too

OMG This is just laughable. You clowns have a long way to catch up to IU's stadium. Yours is a shithole. 1986 called and they want their video system back.

Indiana has been waiting 121 years for the cycle to turn its way. Got any idea how long this takes? Is it every 250 years? Every 500 years? What if it's every 1,000 years?

Give it another 3 years gb...;)

There's got to be a pony down there somewhere! :);):)

That's the punchline for the old joke where the little boy is shoveling out the stall with unbridled enthusiasm and is asked why he is expending that much effort...:D

Give it another 3 years gb...;)

There's got to be a pony down there somewhere! :);):)

That's the punchline for the old joke where the little boy is shoveling out the stall with unbridled enthusiasm and is asked why he is expending that much effort...:D
After a while, it gets to feeling that way, doesn't it? But, just when you think you're ready to quit, along comes a 1979 or a 1987 and we keep shoveling, don't we?
Hope spring eternal when you are a Hoosier!

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
The 2 end zones are way more than that. That's right - we have TWO enclosed endzones. PU has 1, built in 1929.

We've spent way more on the football stadium and facilities than PU has.
While I am a true and genuine Hoosier, I have to say that 1929 was a good year. My daddy was born that year ... ;):)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT