ADVERTISEMENT

The best thing to do.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Is just root for this team to get better and get to 20 wins. They aren’t going to fire Coach Miller. Even if he finished under .500. We have to stop believing that Indiana is anything like UK, Kansas, UNC, or any other big programs. Those guys would have fired Miller last spring. Would have fired Crean after year 3. Those programs value “winning.”

Indiana doesn’t. They’re more worried about being P.C.

The programs you mention have, at least not in my lifetime, had a roster situation nearly as bad as Crean left. Not once. Apples to oranges....

Is just root for this team to get better and get to 20 wins. They aren’t going to fire Coach Miller. Even if he finished under .500. We have to stop believing that Indiana is anything like UK, Kansas, UNC, or any other big programs. Those guys would have fired Miller last spring. Would have fired Crean after year 3. Those programs value “winning.”

No school would have fired CAM last year without serious misdeeds, and I'm talking legal or NCAA violations, not not making the tourney.

I'm also tired of the narrative that UNC acted quickly or handled things proactively in dismissing Matt Doherty. There were 2 factors at play there: 1) the players essentially revolted and demanded he be removed or they'd leave, and 2) Roy's situation at KU had soured and he was ready to come home, and let that be known. Their hands were forced by the players, and they had their favorite Son waiting in the wings and ready to come home. Nothing would have happened at UNC without both of those situations coinciding.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...-at-unc/0d62dcc6-6cb1-4aa5-b9b0-8c33186755c3/

UNC and UK would not have fired CAM after last spring IMO. Supporters of this idea like to cite Billy Gillespie and Matt Doherty as examples, but there were other circumstances from off the court that led to them being fired. I agree that CAM will not be let go after this season. He will get year 4. Now, if we go this season and next and do not make the NCAA tournament? All bets are off. He needs to start showing progress.

Who isn't rooting for them to get better? Who doesn't want them to win? A lot of people hate Dan Dakich because they think that he wants IU to lose, like IU is his enemy. It is the farthest thing from the truth. He wants them to win. That's it. That's what all of us want. Aren't we a lot happier if they just win?

Who isn't rooting for them to get better? Who doesn't want them to win? A lot of people hate Dan Dakich because they think that he wants IU to lose, like IU is his enemy. It is the farthest thing from the truth. He wants them to win. That's it. That's what all of us want. Aren't we a lot happier if they just win?
Exactly

Reactions: ufo33
The lack of leadership from the senior and junior classes is killing this team. We don't have a go to guy who can score on a consistent basis..

Reactions: ams66
The lack of leadership from the senior and junior classes is killing this team. We don't have a go to guy who can score on a consistent basis..

We do, his name is TJD, you know: our best player! I know teams are sagging the middle to make it tough on him, but we need him getting double digit shot attempts every game. We go through long stretches every game where we aren't looking to get him the ball. He should be option #1 every time in the half court, and yet our guards are often jacking shots without looking inside. Hard to play inside-out if you don't get the ball inside.

Reactions: MrBing
We do, his name is TJD, you know: our best player! I know teams are sagging the middle to make it tough on him, but we need him getting double digit shot attempts every game. We go through long stretches every game where we aren't looking to get him the ball. He should be option #1 every time in the half court, and yet our guards are often jacking shots without looking inside. Hard to play inside-out if you don't get the ball inside.
Yea he got 3 shots in second half against Arkansas, and only played 22 minutes against Maryland while old man Deron played 17, unreal.

No they wouldn't have. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
No they wouldn't have. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe not but UNC fired Matt Doherty after three seasons and UK fired BCG after two. BCG had already lost the fan base because they could see it was bad basketball, but UK also had the DUI thing as a reason to fire BCG.

You mean those programs that have been accused of cheating and making classes just for their athletes.

Maybe not but UNC fired Matt Doherty after three seasons and UK fired BCG after two. BCG had already lost the fan base because they could see it was bad basketball, but UK also had the DUI thing as a reason to fire BCG.
Yea he even had a 26-7 season and his third season will very likely be better than ARchies at 19-16 and he was FIRED. Yet here we sit with our thumbs up our arses debating keeping a coach who cant' even make the tourney. We are lame fans.

I wish we cheated and won. It’s sweeter than being squeaky clean and losing. Give me Sean Miller over Archie Miller.
Sean Miller isn't really that great of a coach but he has so much talent he gets results anyway. I thought archie would recruit the same way but it's not even close.

Original Crean recruits are now upperclassmen and they are the main weakness of this team, along with lack of shooting. Which the upperclassmen are a big part of.

Sean Miller isn't really that great of a coach but he has so much talent he gets results anyway. I thought archie would recruit the same way but it's not even close.
Archie doesn't recruit nationally in the grey areas like his brother. Other than not recruiting a shooter yet on the team, I like Archie's in-state recruiting!

UK's coach didn't have a contract so he was easy to fire. Archie has a big contract with a big payout if he's fired this year or next. It's not going to happen and IMHO I don't think we're going to have a situation where they'd want to anyway.

I agree that we don’t value winning the way those other programs do. And I agree that neither Crean nor Miller would’ve lasted very long in those places with the subpar results they’ve had here. But I don’t think this is because of political correctness.

Archie doesn't recruit nationally in the grey areas like his brother. Other than not recruiting a shooter yet on the team, I like Archie's in-state recruiting!
As you can see with Sean there are no consequences for grey area recruiting. None

Original Crean recruits are now upperclassmen and they are the main weakness of this team, along with lack of shooting. Which the upperclassmen are a big part of.
Well Archie could bench them. Just a thought.

Such a good point. Upperclassmen who don't care or who have their own agendas can absolutely poison a team. I am far from an expert at basketball or coaching but I have seen this happen. Individually talented players will not reach their potential as a team if this is happening. They may show flashes of what they could be but it won't be consistent or sustainable.

Fpeaugh was explicit in rooting for losses.

UK's coach didn't have a contract so he was easy to fire. Archie has a big contract with a big payout if he's fired this year or next. It's not going to happen and IMHO I don't think we're going to have a situation where they'd want to anyway.
BCG was also abusing/embarrassing/humiliating the players. He made one guy sit in a bathroom stall during a team meeting. He also was sleeping with a players girlfriend and getting thrown out of bars in Lexington due to intoxication and poor behavior.

Reactions: MrBing
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT