ADVERTISEMENT

The Best Thing About Talking About Defunding Law Enforcement

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
is the new-found respect and brotherly love exhibited by the criminal element.

This was my favorite since no one was injured:

I'd like to be able to say that no one could possibly be stupid enough to actually believe defunding the police would have any type of positive impact but...... 🙄🙈😳😖

I'd like to be able to say that no one could possibly be stupid enough to actually believe defunding the police would have any type of positive impact but...... 🙄🙈😳😖
Do you read the postings on this boar much?🙂

Reactions: 76-1

Google San Francisco Neiman Marcus robbery. That video is insane.

Reactions: 76-1
Seems the only ones bringing up the topic of defunding the police are republicans trying to scare their base or lie about the democrats in Congress.

“Despite the slogans, Democrats in Congress have directed huge amounts of federal money to local police departments.”

Seems the only ones bringing up the topic of defunding the police are republicans trying to scare their base or lie about the democrats in Congress.

“Despite the slogans, Democrats in Congress have directed huge amounts of federal money to local police departments.”

Are you insane? Have you not heard of progressives. Do you want me to post two zillion article quoting the virtues of defunding police from progressives? Look up the squad. Cori Bush. The mayor of Stl. Deblasio. Portland. On and on and on. do you think republicans engendered defund the police? you think that's their voting base? let me guess - dems want a massive, massive bill that includes funding for states and because repubs don't support such a massive bill dems are parsing out the part that would go to states and saying hahaha look repubs don't support cops. absurd. the squad didn't even vote to support funding the capitol police despite crying to the media about ptsd. your party is every bit as F'd up as the republicans, if not more. at least with the republicans you have the trump strand of nuts - your party has multiple factions of certifiable idiots

most cop funding is part of doj and other grants cities apply for. even if the feds earmark dough for states and cities unless the mayor supports enhancing the police dept it doesn't mean shit. if you have a progressive, dem mayor it's meaningless. so name the names of republicans that support defunding the police?

Last edited:
defunding law enforcement was the stupidest idea ever, both politically and from a public safety pov, and the social progressives let themselves get totally played on this.

hope they learned from it.

that said, the DNC has the same ownership as the RNC, and the progressives and Dem moderates need to remember that as well, so they don't get played again.

Are you insane? Have you not heard of progressives. Do you want me to post two zillion article quoting the virtues of defunding police from progressives? Look up the squad. Cori Bush. The mayor of Stl. Deblasio. Portland. On and on and on. do you think republicans engendered defund the police? you think that's their voting base? let me guess - dems want a massive, massive bill that includes funding for states and because repubs don't support such a massive bill dems are parsing out the part that would go to states and saying hahaha look repubs don't support cops. absurd. the squad didn't even vote to support funding the capitol police despite crying to the media about ptsd. your party is every bit as F'd up as the republicans, if not more. at least with the republicans you have the trump strand of nuts - your party has multiple factions of certifiable idiots

most cop funding is part of doj and other grants cities apply for. even if the feds earmark dough for states and cities unless the mayor supports enhancing the police dept it doesn't mean shit. if you have a progressive, dem mayor it's meaningless. so name the names of republicans that support defunding the police?
Where did he say republicans want to defund the police?

Buy a new keyboard, for fvck's sake.

Buy a new keyboard, for fvck's sake.
i know. it's lazy. i'm always doing multiple things at once and only have a minute to scan and post quickly, but it's no excuse. my emails have become sloppy too. i need to do better

The American Rescue Plan, which was passed by Democrats with no Republican votes, contains 350 billion in funding for states and local governments which can be used to hire and train more police. So, there's that. But realistically, with more guns than people in the US, no matter how many police are hired, we are never going to be able to reduce gun violence in any meaningful way. As long as Republicans are in bed with the gun lobby we will have the best armed criminals in the world.

Republicans and gun manufacturers have created a lucrative profit-making model: flood the country with enough guns that every criminal that wants one can have one; sell police departments bigger and more powerful weapons so they can compete with the criminals; make these weapons available to the criminals; sell police departments even more powerful weapons; make these more powerful weapons available to the criminals; and on and on. It's a cash bonanza. And if a few thousand innocents get killed along the way, well you have to expect some collateral damage when this much money is at stake.

ADVERTISEMENT