ADVERTISEMENT

The best sandwich in every state

Shapiro's serves a fine sammich, but Workingman's Friend and Plump's Last Shot make a better sammich that Shapiro's just cannot...and that's just two of several in Indy alone. Even better to be had if they travel the state.

Reactions: kkott
Shapiro's serves a fine sammich, but Workingman's Friend and Plump's Last Shot make a better sammich that Shapiro's just cannot...and that's just two of several in Indy alone. Even better to be had if they travel the state.
Tough to beat a BPT with mustard, pickle and onion. I miss the special at the Pawn Shop with a cup of beer cheese soup.

Reactions: All4You
Tough to beat a BPT with mustard, pickle and onion. I miss the special at the Pawn Shop with a cup of beer cheese soup.

That's the great thing about the BPT, so many ways to dress it and still have a great sammich. I usually go with mustard, iceberg lettuce and tomato. Sometimes I skip the mustard and go with a slice of cheese with good melting properties (American, Cheddar, Provolone).

Reactions: hookyIU1990
It wasn't? that is indeed a travesty.

Did any city's hog dog win best sandwich?

/dodges bricks

I nominate Chicago.
This genre probably doesn't exactly fit the premise, but I will put it out there. Since last Spring, we have had a Portillos (Chicago based chain) here in Fort Wayne. They are located close to our Condo, so I have had their carryout several times. Their Polish Sausage is great. The Chicago Dog and Italian Sausage are excellent, and the Italian Beef and Cheeseburger are very good. I tried their Whitefish Sandwich which is also quite good.
I always like to find a Sandwich Shop with a good Reuben or Pastrami. Haven't had either one in quite a while, and my Cholesterol Readings are thanking me.

Corn beef or pastrami on rye
The original (permanti’s sp) in Pittsburgh used to have the best corned beef sandwich I’d ever had. They’d put handcut fries on top and were located next to the bars. Was heavenly after a night of drinking. they later expanded locations and went to shit.

The original (permanti’s sp) in Pittsburgh used to have the best corned beef sandwich I’d ever had. They’d put handcut fries on top and were located next to the bars. Was heavenly after a night of drinking. they later expanded locations and went to shit.
I ate at the one in State College PA before an IU basketball game with my wife. I thought it was great. I got the New Yorker which is corned beef and pastrami. I got the mustard on the side and glad I did because I just didn't like it. Mustard has never been my thing.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT