nobody knows who that is

Who again? Harrison Priller?

meanwhile... a storm is coming

“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.’”

Vikings, Saints, Falcons, Eagles....probably in that order
to face
Patriots, Steelers, Jags, Tits....probably in that order

Not as obvious as in most years. It will add some intrigue, playing the SB in Minnesota, if the Vikings make it.

If I were giving odds:
25% to see Vikings-Patriots in the Super Bowl
20% to see Saints-Patriots
10% to see Falcons-Patriots
45% to see any other matchup

...if you claim to be a football fan who doesn't know who Harrison Smith is, you are either a liar, or incredibly stupid.

You should be playing the yahoo pick'em game and losing to me yet again.

My three-peat is still on track, though C$ is lurking just behind.

As to the PFF performance ratings, you can take them for what they are, a somewhat arbitrary measure of how well each player does his particular job. Brady was their top-ranked QB, I believe.

The rankings for players with different jobs can't be fairly compared, though. You can be a long snapper who is so great that you have never made a bad long snap all year and thus have a fantastic rating, playing your 10 snaps a game. It doesn't make you as valuable as the top QBs who might have a good but not perfect rating.

Safeties can be dominant players. Harrison, Ed Reed, even Bob Sanders of the Colts back on his few healthy days... But safeties can be schemed for. You can minimize the impact of almost any exceptional defender by scheme, maybe Lawrence Taylor excepted.

You don't really ever minimize the impact of any elite QB, and especially not the GOAT.

Last edited:
You should be playing the yahoo pick'em game and losing to me yet again.

My three-peat is still on track, though C$ is lurking just behind.

As to the PFF performance ratings, you can take them for what they are, a somewhat arbitrary measure of how well each player does his particular job. Brady was their top-ranked QB, I believe.

The rankings for players with different jobs can't be fairly compared, though. You can be a long snapper who is so great that you have never made a bad long snap all year and thus have a fantastic rating, playing your 10 snaps a game. It doesn't make you as valuable as the top QBs who might have a good but not perfect rating.

Safeties can be dominant players. Harrison, Ed Reed, even Bob Sanders of the Colts back on his few healthy days... But safeties can be schemed for. You can minimize the impact of almost any exceptional defender by scheme, maybe Lawrence Taylor excepted.

You don't really ever minimize the impact of any elite QB, and especially not the GOAT.
You should have read the entire article. The PFF rating was just the starting point. Basically, Smith plays multiple defensive positions, and is the best in the league at every one of them. I.e., when he is an edge rusher, he puts up better stats than any other edge rusher. When he plays the slot, he puts up better stats than any other slot DB. Etc. And he is so good at reading offenses, he regularly shifts position presnap. In other words, he's having a season like no other player has ever really had.

(BTW, because of all this, Smith can't be schemes for. Offenses don't know if he'll line up at safety or linebacker or what on any given play.)

It's not really about being better than Tom Brady. I only put that there to troll you. Really, it's about how Harrison Smith is putting together a season that is historically unprecedented. For this moment in time, this one season, Smith is, at least for now, the GOAT.

For this moment in time, this one season, Smith is, at least for now, the GOAT.

yet... even his peers did not select him to the pro bowl, nor the writers, nor the fans...

Not exactly GOAT material, even at this moment in time.

Underrated? Absolutely. He ought to be in the pro bowl and MAYBE he even earned all-pro.

Dude is very good. He probably dreams of being a Patriot some day.

yet... even his peers did not select him to the pro bowl, nor the writers, nor the fans...

Not exactly GOAT material, even at this moment in time.

Underrated? Absolutely. He ought to be in the pro bowl and MAYBE he even earned all-pro.

Dude is very good. He probably dreams of being a Patriot some day.
For a smart guy, you sure are stupid.

We are in a society where people are actually debating whether or not Nazis are/were really bad, whether child molesters ought to serve in Congress, and that worry an insane amount about GMOs, vaccines, chemtrails, and the general shape of the Earth.

Let's save the "stupid" label for the people on the nonsense side of arguments such as those, and also for "hawt take" idiots such as Max Kellerman. Just 'cause his face is so punchable.

An amazing factoid is that the last coach to win a playoff game in Cleveland is... Bill Belichick.

Another is this chart. One of these QBs seems to stand out...

nfl-quarterbacks-by-number-of-career-playoff-wins.jpg

Many things to point out about that chart above.

Brady has more playoff wins than Joe Montana and Steve Young, COMBINED.
Same #wins as Peyton Manning and Roger Staubach, COMBINED.
Same #wins as Kurt Warner, Steve Young, and Dan Marino, COMBINED.

Brady is 25-9 in the postseason. Peyton finished 14-13

If this were to happen, Brady would STILL have a higher career playoff winning percentage than Peyton Manning:

At age 40, lose in the first round.
At age 41, lose in the first round.
At age 42, lose in the first round.
At age 43, lose in the first round.
At age 44, lose in the first round.
At age 45, lose in the first round.
At age 46, lose in the first round.
At age 47, lose in the first round.
At age 48, lose in the first round.
At age 49, lose in the first round.
At age 50, lose in the first round.
At age 51, lose in the first round.
At age 52, lose in the first round.
At age 53, lose in the first round.

Like everything else, the number of playoff games

And yet, according to the analysts forecasting this Saints playoff game, he ain't good enough to cover a rookie running back this weekend.

Look for the Vikes to use a 4-2-5 a lot to get an extra CB on the field to cover Kamara . . . .
The Vikes play more nickel than anything, anyway, by a mile. Only about 25% of snaps in base, twice as many in nickel.

Like everything else, the number of playoff games.

He's played more, but also won those he has played at a higher percentage than all of the others also. Win 74% of your playoff games and 78% of your regular season games? Unheard of. Except for the GOAT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT