ADVERTISEMENT

The best news from this win.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Is that 5-7 looks better than 4-8. And since we know that most of this staff will return next season, we need this recruiting class to stay intact. Especially Sampson James and Beau Robbins. I'm not writing off the PU game yet. They are decent but not unbeatable.

Damn man...We have given Michigan all they can handle the last few years. Thats not an auto win for michy. Still gotta play the game
As much as I hope I'm wrong, Michigan will probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of about a 3 touchdown favorite. Our only hope to keep it close will be a big snowstorm and creating turnovers. Michigan's worst defensive game was giving up 24 points. We'll be lucky to score half of that.

Damn man...We have given Michigan all they can handle the last few years. Thats not an auto win for michy. Still gotta play the game
It's fantasy to think we can beat Michigan this year. It's not fantasy to think we can beat Purdue.

It's fantasy to think we can beat Michigan this year. It's not fantasy to think we can beat Purdue.

Don’t you think Pu fans thought it was fantasy Pu wouldn’t beat MN to be bowl eligible?

It’s certainly NOT expected or perhaps likely, but I won’t say “fantasy” IU can win bc that’s no chance, and I for sure give hem minimum 10% chance.

It’s week 11, IU has played them well before, Hey are now #4, thinking national playoffs and OSU showdown next week. Fluke injuries in game. IU plays totally lose, gets some points & stops then starts thinking we got this as UM starts gripping.

Again, low odds, but not NO odds.

Well said...but BM has gone off the map for some reason. He thinks he is the conscious of us all and the only voice of sanity...a clear sign of an unbalanced mind...vbg:rolleyes:

Don’t you think Pu fans thought it was fantasy Pu wouldn’t beat MN to be bowl eligible?

It’s certainly NOT expected or perhaps likely, but I won’t say “fantasy” IU can win bc that’s no chance, and I for sure give hem minimum 10% chance.

It’s week 11, IU has played them well before, Hey are now #4, thinking national playoffs and OSU showdown next week. Fluke injuries in game. IU plays totally lose, gets some points & stops then starts thinking we got this as UM starts gripping.

Again, low odds, but not NO odds.
and michigan turns the ball over 7 times

I thought we could beat Penn State until I realized our drives would be shut down by baseless holding calls.

I expect nothing different against UM whether we are in the game or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
In 2017 IU lost to UM 27-20 (OT); lost 48-41 (OT) in 2015; lost 42-35 in 2010 in a game that was tied with about 2 minutes to go. All these games were in Bloomington. Did not play in 2011 and 2012.
In Ann Arbor, IU lost 63-47 in 2013; lost 34-10 in 2014; lost 20-10 in 2016.

With the exception of the 2016 game, we have played UM tough in Bloomington and poorly in Ann Arbor; and these were mediocre to poor UM teams.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Michigan -27.5 versus IU.

If Michigan wins out (Indiana and OSU), they're likely in the CFP. Pretty slim chance they'll let us spoil the party.

I'm hoping we get out of Ann Arbor with no significant injuries, knock off Purdue the following weekend and go bowling.

Win six. Go Hoosiers!

I thought we could beat Penn State until I realized our drives would be shut down by baseless holding calls.

I expect nothing different against UM whether we are in the game or not.

I don't expect us to be in the Michigan game at half, but if we are I could definitely see us getting hosed. Michigan is the only legit playoff hope for the BT. In the event the game is close I expect MSU '17/PSU '18 treatment.

Edit--Bowl, we don't agree on many things....but we see the same outcome if it's a close game.........

Reactions: mobilehoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT