ADVERTISEMENT

The “stats” say IU wins, but … is THAT “the full story”?

Well, that was supposed to be a poll, but the “we hate user-friendly software” IT people lied to me

My answer would have been:

You can throw The Stats and the Rankings out of the equation for this one... It's The Key Game of the year for both Teams, a game that can keep us solidly (and legitimately) in First Place in the Big Ten and one that can put Nebraska back in the hunt for both the Big Ten Championship game and the CFP...

A "Must Win" for both Teams...

It's starting to look like a Husker could be in for an ugly Bison trampling, toss, and goring...

One constant stands out... Whoever underestimates the speed and fierceness of a Bison on the attack does so at their own peril...

Last edited:
To me, there are 2 factors.

On defense, Raiola is good vs zone D and IU's D is primarily zone.

On offense, Nebraska is really good at getting after the QB and IU is really good at punishing teams that are throwing blitz schemes at them. Most of the time teams back off of that plan because Rorke is getting the ball out right away and making it easy on our offense. Can we continue to do that successfully against the Huskers? That will tell us a lot.

Bostad’s OL seems to step-up to every challenge this year. I think the’ll manage well enough. I think we’ll see some new RPO’s to keep the ‘Black Shirts’ off-balance.

Will front four pressure be enough? … to get a TO?

DBs playing zone need to move (match up) to the receiver in their zone, to make plays on the ball.

My answer would have been:

You can throw The Stats and the Rankings out of the equation for this one... It's The Key Game of the year for both Teams, a game that can keep us solidly (and legitimately) in First Place in the Big Ten and one that can put Nebraska back in the hunt for both the Big Ten Championship game and the CFP...

A "Must Win" for both Teams...

It's starting to look like a Husker could be in for an ugly Bison trampling, toss, and goring...

One constant stands out... Whoever underestimates the speed and fierceness of a Bison on the attack does so at their own peril...
Yesssss. Will this Bison mascot into existence.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
To me, there are 2 factors.

On defense, Raiola is good vs zone D and IU's D is primarily zone.

On offense, Nebraska is really good at getting after the QB and IU is really good at punishing teams that are throwing blitz schemes at them. Most of the time teams back off of that plan because Rorke is getting the ball out right away and making it easy on our offense. Can we continue to do that successfully against the Huskers? That will tell us a lot.
Nebraska doesn't blitz very often. They get home with base rush.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Nebraska doesn't blitz very often. They get home with base rush.
Your name is maddeningly stupid. I guess Scott Frost was either taken or prohibited and it never occurred to you that people would call you Scrote Frost once they saw that spelling?

And also, you kept it even after he got fired? And you wanted to remind us of how he complained about not getting to play Indiana enough and then we went to Lincoln and beat him?

Nebraska will get home rushing 3 or 4? Oh OK. I guess we will see.

Interesting.
IU is on the first page of most of the "good" team stats. but 6 games, only 10 punts is something. One punt today.

Last updated Saturday, October 19, 2024 2:18 am - Through games Friday, October 18, 2024

RankTeamGPunt YdsOpp Punt Ret YdsPuntsTBNet Yds
10Indiana6444610043.80

Interesting.
IU is on the first page of most of the "good" team stats. but 6 games, only 10 punts is something. One punt today.

Last updated Saturday, October 19, 2024 2:18 am - Through games Friday, October 18, 2024

10Indiana6444610043.80

If today's game had been remotely close, we would have gone on 4th down then, too. That was a mercy punt. :cool:

Reactions: 76-1
Interesting.

10Indiana6444610043.80
If the criteria for earning a letter is number of punts during the season, our punter may not letter. In addition if any of his Nil Money is based upon appearance time, He may be checking his couch cushions for spare change,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT