ADVERTISEMENT

That was satisfying....

At the time, IU even getting Hulls to sign was a prayer answered, but I digress.

So, if Yogi needs a break, Johnson is out with an injury, and you have the option of Niego or ....what do you do better than Crean did?

Thanks for educating me.
What he said. It really digs at you that Crean won COY doesn't it?

You can also name a bunch of Big Ten coaches that have advanced past the Sweet 16 in the past 8 years: Bo, Beilein, Matta, Izzo. Unless Keady like results on a bigger stage do it for you.
Might have to add one more after this year. I'd have to put you on suicide watch.

appx 1500+ not counting exhibition games or practices.
haha....You are so phacking predictable...Another classic TMP dodge.

This year, asshat. This year, this team. How many games have you watched? I'll even include practices, scrimmages, and even showers post-practice. You and Cap, gazing longingly at Colin Hartman.

If you've watched none, as you (and many others her have professed) then shut the phack up.

Please.

Do us a favor.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean the answer isn't there.

If we fired Crean 5yrs ago...Brad Stevens is here making a run for his second national title.

Enjoy your sweet sixteen ring ceremony.
I like your story, but it ain't reality. You're guessing, which is fine, but it's just guessing.

haha....You are so phacking predictable...Another classic TMP dodge.

This year, asshat. This year, this team. How many games have you watched? I'll even include practices, scrimmages, and even showers post-practice. You and Cap, gazing longingly at Colin Hartman.

If you've watched none, as you (and many others her have professed) then shut the phack up.

Please.

Do us a favor.

Ha ha ha ... you never played basketball.

So many things to pick on? So what's wrong with picking on that? Do you decide which is the correct thing to pick on and which isn't? If so please print a concise list.

Thanks..
If your going to pick on him for something, at least know what you are picking on him for. How's that?

Ha ha ha ... you never played basketball.
Ha ha...

You're pontificating on whether this year's IU team is good or not, and you haven't even watched them play.

Ha ha.

Asshat, you are. Hubris, you have.

It's like commenting on a song you haven't heard, and yet critiquing the technique of the lead guitar player. This is what you're doing.

Asshat.

You're adept at throwing out bs statements that are meaningless.

Pitino was recruiting in a worse situation, and hanging onto "untouchables". Please explain that to me....and the "untouchables" of which you speak.

fwiw - the Untouchables were the 95/96 team that had 10 future NBA players. What's he's referring to would be the Unforgettables which were the players that stayed after sanctions and were the core of his first NC team.

You would know that if you had actually played. vbg

Ha ha...

You're pontificating on whether this year's IU team is good or not, and you haven't even watched them play.

Ha ha.

Asshat, you are. Hubris, you have.

It's like commenting on a song you haven't heard, and yet critiquing the technique of the lead guitar player. This is what you're doing.

Asshat.
Well you never played ball and you're talking about playing ball. Why that's funny is that you hate it when i point it out about music.. and now...... lol ..... yea.

You should talk to Zeke...... she probably played driveway horse too. ha ha ha ha ha ha...

fwiw - the Untouchables were the 95/96 team that had 10 future NBA players. What's he's referring to would be the Unforgettables which were the players that stayed after sanctions and were the core of his first NC team.

You would know that if you had actually played. vbg
Except the Unforgettables were from his coaching time at Kentucky, not Louisville. That was '91 - 92.

Asshats all.

Except the Unforgettables were from his coaching time at Kentucky, not Louisville. That was '91 - 92.

Asshats all.
so were the untouchables. Are you drunk? Who mentioned Louisville? I even gave you a link.

What he said. It really digs at you that Crean won COY doesn't it?

Having a mediocre coach, knowing how much better it has been and should be, and a 30 year title drought dig at me. It digs at me that I can't enjoy this anymore. Two faced fans like yourself that sit on the fence and have the audacity to go after fans on one side of the fence and pretend like you know what time it is digs at me.

Last edited:
Well you never played ball and you're talking about playing ball. Why that's funny is that you hate it when i point it out about music.. and now...... lol ..... yea.

You should talk to Zeke...... she probably played driveway horse too. ha ha ha ha ha ha...
I said I played ball. What the phcuk does that matter, either way?

Nah, I'm not upset that you can play music and I can't; the more you post, the more I'm certain I enjoy listening to music more than you do.

That post the MTIOTF made, where he posted portions of works by Mark Twain, pretty much nailed it. All you see is the process, and you can't appreciate the portrait.

so were the untouchables. Are you drunk? Who mentioned Louisville? I even gave you a link.
What's the point of mentioning Pitino and Louisville, when both the teams mentioned are from UK? And, who gives a phuck what happened in U. of Kentucky in the '90s? MTIOTF's kid, who is now topless in Cancun and winning in pool jousting, wasn't even born then. How is that relevant today?

My point is that IUJIM is an asshat, and was posting out of his ass.

If your going to pick on him for something, at least know what you are picking on him for. How's that?
I do know what I'm picking on him for. You were the one that told me after Marlin transferred and I then went and read all about deflections and their history and who uses them. I posted it above.

Doh .... if you're gonna argue at least know what you're arguing about. How's that? lol

Yeah, your fault that that reference is from the '90's.

Please explain how that's relevant today.

Asshat. You're a moderator on which board, the moran board?

You said it was a miracle that IU was able to land a #100 ranked kid from Indiana after Sampson. I provided an example of a blue blood school that had worse NCAA sanctions, was able to retain 4 good players (3 of which were from Kentucky), was able to recruit well immediately, and was 22-6 in year 2. Perhaps our idea of a turnaround at a blue blood differs.

(Insert name calling here). Nah, I'm bigger than that.

What's the point of mentioning Pitino and Louisville, when both the teams mentioned are from UK? And, who gives a phuck what happened in U. of Kentucky in the '90s? MTIOTF's kid, who is now topless in Cancun and winning in pool jousting, wasn't even born then. How is that relevant today?

My point is that IUJIM is an asshat, and was posting out of his ass.
It was Jimbo .. not IUJIM.

Are you okay? It's no fun if you can't keep up. vbg

It's all good, those of us not drunk understood. I'm assuming Hoops inferred untouchables as meaning "scandalously recruited" players.... which makes it even better.
How is it relevant to this year's team - and specifically, from the games that you watched, would you be able to draw any conclusions?

You said it was a miracle that IU was able to land a #100 ranked kid from Indiana after Sampson. I provided an example of a blue blood school that had worse NCAA sanctions, was able to retain 4 good players (3 of which were from Kentucky), was able to recruit well immediately, and was 22-6 in year 2. Perhaps our idea of a turnaround at a blue blood differs.

(Insert name calling here). Nah, I'm bigger than that.
C'mon man, comparing Kentucky in the 90's to today? You just disqualified your post from consideration by saying that they were able to retain "four good players"....Here's the roster from Crean's first year. You don't really want to go there, do you? Look, I get it if you just can't stand Crean - that's not what my OP said. Did you read it?

tumblr_o3pdsfbW9t1u4n7tco1_540.jpg

C'mon man, comparing Kentucky in the 90's to today? You just disqualified your post from consideration by saying that they were able to retain "four good players"....Here's the roster from Crean's first year. You don't really want to go there, do you? Look, I get it if you just can't stand Crean - that's not what my OP said. Did you read it?

tumblr_o3pdsfbW9t1u4n7tco1_540.jpg

I was comparing IU the early years after Sampson and UK the early years after the 1989 NCAA violations. What do you think UK's roster would have looked like without the unforgettables? Crean didn't have to run everybody off, and he could have retained players. The players he did run off weren't doing anything worse than his players have been doing recently. I also don't think it is ever to much to ask to recruit the state of Indiana: UK was recruiting was solid by Pitino's second class.

Having a mediocre coach, knowing how much better it has been and should be, and a 30 year title drought dig at me. It digs at me that I can't enjoy this anymore. Two faced fans like yourself that sit on the fence and have the audacity to go after fans on one side of the fence and pretend like you know what time it is digs at me.
You're first sentence I can relate to. I was at IU in '81. My brothers were there in '75 and '76, my niece there in '87. My family has IU bonafides....

A 30 year title drought digs at me, too.

But, you lost me with the fence sitting post, and audacity and all that. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

I was comparing IU the early years after Sampson and UK the early years after the 1989 NCAA violations. What do you think UK's roster would have looked like without the unforgettables? Crean didn't have to run everybody off, and he could have retained players. The players he did run off weren't doing anything worse than his players have been doing recently. I also don't think it is ever to much to ask to recruit the state of Indiana.
Ok, so which of these "unforgettables" should Crean have kept around?

No revisionist history, now...

tumblr_o3pe6i5yDZ1u4n7tco1_540.jpg

Ok, so which of these "unforgettables" should Crean have kept around?

No revisionist history, now...

tumblr_o3pe6i5yDZ1u4n7tco1_540.jpg

Bassett and Crawford would have been a nice backcourt. Eli, McGee, Ellis, Thomas. Read them the riot act, get them to buy in, emphasize that they could be the start of something special, and give them the same chance recent players have gotten.

I'm certain I enjoy listening to music more than you do.

You keep telling yourself that... it's a great rationalization for ignorance and I'm sure your ego appreciates it. I'm sure most virgins feel the same about sex. They really "enjoy" constant masturbation while watching others do it on the internet or TV.... lol

What were your predictions for this year? My guess is they weren't eactl

Sounding a little bit like The Donald there.. Good job.

What were your predictions for this year? My guess is they weren't eactl
Sounding a little bit like The Donald there.. Good job.
lol ....

Hey fwiw I would bet on you to win. So ya got that goin for ya.

Oh, so now people that cheer for the team are two faced fans? You guys are awesome! It's just killing you, killing you that IU didn't suck like all you basketball geniuses predicted. Some people are actually evolved enough to be able to cheer for the team and enjoy how well they have been playing. I've seen a lot of games in the Hall, and Sunday rated right up there among the most fun. I have no idea if we will flame out. We might. I'd rather have another coach. But guess what? I don't really have a thing to do with it and I'm smart enough to realize that. You go ahead and be sad and miserable all season or likely for multiple years until we get a new coach. Sounds like a great plan!!

Oh, so now people that cheer for the team are two faced fans? You guys are awesome! It's just killing you, killing you that IU didn't suck like all you basketball geniuses predicted. Some people are actually evolved enough to be able to cheer for the team and enjoy how well they have been playing. I've seen a lot of games in the Hall, and Sunday rated right up there among the most fun. I have no idea if we will flame out. We might. I'd rather have another coach. But guess what? I don't really have a thing to do with it and I'm smart enough to realize that. You go ahead and be sad and miserable all season or likely for multiple years until we get a new coach. Sounds like a great plan!!

I don't care if you are two faced or sitting on the fence, just don't pretend like you aren't or go after fans for being on the side that half of your ass cheek currently resides.

After watching IU be mediocre and inconsistent for the past 20 years, I can't enjoy it anymore or pretend like Crean is something he is not. Good for you if you can sit on the fence and enjoy things. My Dad offered me a ticket for Maryland and I turned him down: this is the first year I can remember not going down for at least one game with my Dad. After watching one of the cupcake games last year at Assembly Hall and seeing what the program has become, I just can't do it anymore. It is going to take more to get me back on board.

I do know what I'm picking on him for. You were the one that told me after Marlin transferred and I then went and read all about deflections and their history and who uses them. I posted it above.

Doh .... if you're gonna argue at least know what you're arguing about. How's that? lol
Yea, yea.....just tired of all the stupid deflection talk. It's stale.....just curious, are you watching any games of late?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT