ADVERTISEMENT

That was a campaign speech

You know, and I haven’t mentioned this before, as I just dismissed it, but I’m reading more and more people, including a guy who worked on the Apprentice, who say there is a reason behind the constant sniffing and slurring. It’s pretty strange how obvious is that no one ever brings it up.

What is that obvious reason? If it's what I think you are suggesting, it's not only against everything I have heard, it is an unfair thing to suggest.

What is that obvious reason? If it's what I think you are suggesting, it's not only against everything I have heard, it is an unfair thing to suggest.
Trump doesn't drink or do recreational drugs. I don't think anyone disputes that. His brother died from chronic alcoholism.

The rumors I think Zeke might be alluding to are about Adderall use. I put no stock in them. I think Trump's mental deficiencies are natural, not drug induced.

Trump doesn't drink or do recreational drugs. I don't think anyone disputes that. His brother died from chronic alcoholism.

The rumors I think Zeke might be alluding to are about Adderall use. I put no stock in them. I think Trump's mental deficiencies are natural, not drug induced.

Thanks for your thoughts. I don't think people should allude to things like that. It's no better than the idiots who mused on Hillary Clinton's supposed health/cognitive issues. The President was one of them along with some of the less capable posters here and it sucked when they did it as well. While President Trump behaves despicably, I've got no patience for people who emulate that which they abhor.

I’m not saying regime change through conflict there would be easy. I’m saying beating them in a war would be. There’s a major difference.

That seems quite likely. Winning the "war" in Iraq was relatively easy. About three weeks two different times. But, winning the "war" in Iraq after that has proven to be quite difficult. That's the rub and I'm sure that you, of all people, understand that really well. It's all cost/benefit analysis and I'm skeptical that there's a ton of upside with either kind of "war" in Iran. The ME seems like a long-term soft power arena that is undercut by displays of hard power.

That seems quite likely. Winning the "war" in Iraq was relatively easy. About three weeks two different times. But, winning the "war" in Iraq after that has proven to be quite difficult. That's the rub and I'm sure that you, of all people, understand that really well. It's all cost/benefit analysis and I'm skeptical that there's a ton of upside with either kind of "war" in Iran. The ME seems like a long-term soft power arena that is undercut by displays of hard power.
Sure. All I’m saying is that people here need to be able to separate what a conflict would be with Iran vs. a regime change war with look like. I mean this in terms of escalation.

I don’t see Trump wanting to get bogged down in an Iraq-like war and would take steps to avoid that. However, if Iran keeps launching missiles (unlikely), destroying their military infrastructure would be relatively simple and short-lived.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

It’s not the mental deficiencies, it’s the constant sniffing and slurring of words. It’s been quietly alluded to often but after last night’s speech, there are lots of questions around social media.

It’s not the mental deficiencies, it’s the constant sniffing and slurring of words. It’s been quietly alluded to often but after last night’s speech, there are lots of questions around social media.
What are you trying to say?

I heard him on the radio rather than seeing it on TV. He almost sounds like a semi-literate, struggling to make out and pronounce every third word, with no inflection or cadence. I don't expect everyone to sound like JFK or MLK or Obama, but Gawd is he awful. (Note: I had similar criticisms of Hillary.)
He’s an awful speaker, but others apparently disagree. I don’t get it, but I never have.

Reactions: MrBing
You know, and I haven’t mentioned this before, as I just dismissed it, but I’m reading more and more people, including a guy who worked on the Apprentice, who say there is a reason behind the constant sniffing and slurring. It’s pretty strange how obvious is that no one ever brings it up.
Come on. Are you going to start a “Trump does drugs” theory?

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Sure. All I’m saying is that people here need to be able to separate what a conflict would be with Iran vs. a regime change war with look like. I mean this in terms of escalation.

I don’t see Trump wanting to get bogged down in an Iraq-like war and would take steps to avoid that. However, if Iran keeps launching missiles (unlikely), destroying their military infrastructure would be relatively simple and short-lived.
Destroying stuff has been a relatively simple and short-lived process for the United States for many, many decades now. Translating that capacity into strategic advantage has been much, much more difficult. Much, much more expensive in blood and treasure.

As an expert you might help us all by pointing us to high quality analyses that tell us how things might play out with Iran. Here are a couple that I found but perhaps there are better ones. In the event of escalation:
https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/irans-response-to-a-us-attack
Here is an analysis of how things proceed without further escalation:
https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/01/all-out-us-iran-war-is-unlikely-but-low-level-war-expected.html

Here is another article:
https://www.vox.com/world/2019/7/8/18693297/us-iran-war-trump-nuclear-iraq

Last edited:
Destroying stuff has been a relatively simple and short-lived process for the United States for many, many decades now. Translating that capacity into strategic advantage has been much, much more difficult. Much, much more expensive in blood and treasure.

As an expert you might help us all by pointing us to high quality analyses that tell us how things might play out with Iran. Here are a couple that I found but perhaps there are better ones. In the event of escalation:
https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/01/all-out-us-iran-war-is-unlikely-but-low-level-war-expected.html

Here is another article:
I’m no expert. It doesn’t take one to realize that Iran isn’t dealing from a hand of strength and if they wanted to wage a war it’d be over quickly and mercilessly. Iran, unlike DPRK, isn’t run by idiots. It’s run by hypocritical, power hungry Islamists who will do anything to stay in power...and having their bell rung and country destroyed wouldn’t help that happen...this doesn’t take expertise to figure out...its common sense.

We are in the driver’s seat with QS out of picture. Hopefully, even if it means our involvement, the new power broker(s) that full the void have democracy in mind.

Here is another article:

Thanks Att.

We all should read the Brian Michael Jenkins unbiased recap of the history behind the U. S. and Iran "war" since 1979. I say this because we have often found ourselves at odds with each other as Jenkins recalls, but cooler heads prevailed..

Is this because of wisdom or blind luck?

Hoping the wisdom or blind luck continues.

Feeling better tonight about avoiding a stupid conflict than I did a week ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Iran fires multiple missiles at bases with US troops and Trump is backing down. Oh my, what Fox and Trumpsters would be saying if this was a D president.
Trump understands that the Iranians are just saving face with other muslim countries. They didn't kill any of our soldiers because we were tipped off by the Iraqis who got the time of the bombing from the Iranians. This is a Trump win. They don't want anything to do with Trump because they know he means business.

Trump understands that the Iranians are just saving face with other muslim countries. They didn't kill any of our soldiers because we were tipped off by the Iraqis who got the time of the bombing from the Iranians. This is a Trump win. They don't want anything to do with Trump because they know he means business.
Right, who wouldn't be afraid of a 70+ year old male with bone spurs and fake yellow hair who wears poorly applied bronzer.. Only a manly man (or aging transvestite) has the courage to color his hair and wear makeup.

Last edited:

Pastor, you say the Iranians " don't want anything to do with Trump because he means business".

Trump's detractors would say, The Iranians don't want anything to with Trump because he is a crackpot.

I have both. The problem is I'm always flying out of ORD and they don't have Clear. So...(not sure why I'm answering your question now) although the lines I've seen in other airports have shorter lines in Clear, I just go with TSA Pre because I signed up for Clear when I was drunk and I don't trust it as much.

I'm sure that helped! :eek:

Do people actually use Clear? Is it better than TSA pre?

Trump could fart in your mouth and you’d call it a Trump win. Trump backed down.

I have both. The problem is I'm always flying out of ORD and they don't have Clear. So...(not sure why I'm answering your question now) although the lines I've seen in other airports have shorter lines in Clear, I just go with TSA Pre because I signed up for Clear when I was drunk and I don't trust it as much.

I'm sure that helped! :eek:
I travel internationally mostly so I have Global Entry which is the greatest thing ever. It’s such a drag when my wife and kids are with me and we have to use the main line like peasants.

Global Entry gives TSA Pre as part of the package so I don’t see myself getting Clear in addition.

Reactions: DrHoops
Hate to ruin a good rant, but he has already been impeached.
That crap will be over as soon as it reaches the senate. Its like a sh!tty salesperson throwing sh!t up on a board. They will continue trying miserably and nothing will stick. Huge waste of time and money! If the idiots pursing this spent half as much energy doing their jobs we would all be better off for it!

That crap will be over as soon as it reaches the senate. Its like a sh!tty salesperson throwing sh!t up on a board. They will continue trying miserably and nothing will stick. Huge waste of time and money! If the idiots pursing this spent half as much energy doing their jobs we would all be better off for it!
Need more CAPS and fewer !s.

Reactions: Indianaftw
I’m glad you’ve convinced yourself that it’s ok for a sitting president to seek opposition research by threatening to withhold aid until he gets it.

I have some things in my basement that I’d like to sell you. Need money ahead of delivery tho.

Reactions: meridian
I’m glad you’ve convinced yourself that it’s ok for a sitting president to seek opposition research by threatening to withhold aid until he gets it.

I have some things in my basement that I’d like to sell you. Need money ahead of delivery tho.
Trump supporters are Gumby like in their moral, legal and character flexibility.

Reactions: meridian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT