ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Hollywood De Niro!

thanks for the help..... the more emotional outbursts like this only helps the center and right side of the equation. Keep up the work !

Right. I know a lot of people that will be motivated to vote because DeNiro said F Trump. Lol. You know, that tired cliche about Hollywood and liberal elites might work if you all hadn’t voted for a Hollywood guy. And then have the D listers that support Trump actually speak at the convention.

Right. I know a lot of people that will be motivated to vote because DeNiro said F Trump. Lol. You know, that tired cliche about Hollywood and liberal elites might work if you all hadn’t voted for a Hollywood guy. And then have the D listers that support Trump actually speak at the convention.
I disagree. It’s not tired. It’s one of the reason Trump won and instances like this play into why he won. Say what you want, these things won’t help the Democrats in 2018 and 2020 as much as it’ll help Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and Lucy01
I disagree. It’s not tired. It’s the reason Trump and instances like this play into why he won. Say what you want, these things won’t help the Democrats in 2018 and 2020 as much as it’ll help Trump.
Sure it’s the reason Trump won, sure it is. The kind of person something like that would sway is the all out Trumpster that wouldn’t vote for anyone else anyway. You know, the shoot someone on 5th Avenue type of intellect that thinks Trump is just like them instead of a Hollywood guy .

Sure it’s the reason Trump won, sure it is. The kind of person something like that would sway is the all out Trumpster that wouldn’t vote for anyone else anyway. You know, the shoot someone on 5th Avenue type of intellect that thinks Trump is just like them instead of a Hollywood guy .
I should have said “one of the reasons” because I don’t think it’s THE reason.

I think it’s more people don’t like being told their values are wrong. I don’t think people like being told that they’re a bad person or stupid or racist or whatever else liberals/democrats call Trump voters. There were two shitty candidates and some of us chose the lesser of two evils. Now, I don’t see a thing the Democrats are doing now that would sway me to vote for them in 2018 and nothing yet on 2020.

Reactions: All4You and 76-1

The first CNN news thing on my phone this morning was about the Parkland students and a star cursing Trump at the Tony’s. I know I am old, but many younger than me can remember when The headline from the Tony’s was about the best performances and productions, the NFL was all about the game, ESPN was about sports, late night TV was entertaining, friendships across the political spectrum were easy and fun, “thoughts and prayers” could be extended to a distressed person without thinking of politics, and people could discuss issues as friends with a measure of respect.

There seemingly is now no escape from rancor and discord. We are making our community at every level an emotional shithole. .

Note to Zeke. This isn’t Trump’s fault as you suggested. We each have 100% control over what we say and do 100% of the time.

I think it’s more people don’t like being told their values are wrong. I don’t think people like being told that they’re a bad person or stupid or racist or whatever else liberals/democrats call Trump voters. There were two shitty candidates and some of us chose the lesser of two evils. Now, I don’t see a thing the Democrats are doing now that would sway me to vote for them in 2018 and nothing yet on 2020.
Your values are wrong if you support Trump. Pretty clear.

Reactions: MaxCoke

The first CNN news thing on my phone this morning was about the Parkland students and a star cursing Trump at the Tony’s. I know I am old, but many younger than me can remember when The headline from the Tony’s was about the best performances and productions, the NFL was all about the game, ESPN was about sports, late night TV was entertaining, friendships across the political spectrum were easy and fun, “thoughts and prayers” could be extended to a distressed person without thinking of politics, and people could discuss issues as friends with a measure of respect.

There seemingly is now no escape from rancor and discord. We are making our community at every level an emotional shithole. .

Note to Zeke. This isn’t Trump’s fault as you suggested. We each have 100% control over what we say and do 100% of the time.
It’s not Trump’s fault, correct. It’s the people that support him. He’s exactly who we knew he was, he never pretended to be anything different. People can’t pretend to be aghast when Mr Grab Them By the P—y is insulted.

All of us HATE being told our values are wrong, or that we are a bad person, or a racist. All of us, always, choose the lessor of two evils. None of us approve of everything about the candidate we vote for. There is a reason why the most popular songs are the ones where the singer tells us how much they love us. In our heads we know its just a stupid pop song on the radio. But, in truth, we believe the song is really being sung for us. When someone tells us our men are strong and our women good-looking and our children are all above average we know it is impossible but we feel like it is true.

We are united in our humanity...

Reactions: All4You
It’s not Trump’s fault, correct. It’s the people that support him. He’s exactly who we knew he was, he never pretended to be anything different. People can’t pretend to be aghast when Mr Grab Them By the P—y is insulted.
What's that tell you? That people knew who Trump was prior to voting for him and STILL chose to vote for him instead of Hillary and the democrats? That's how bad your candidate and party is. Let it sink in...

Reactions: 76-1 and Lucy01
Zeke I think you’re missing the forest for the trees here. As foolish as it sounds - they’re right. There is an all too-large segment of America that spite-votes for anti-establishment, anti-press, and anti-Hollywood sentiment.

This is not a comment on what’s rational or reasonable. We’re past that. Look at this board. We have educated people that spite vote. We have educated people that wage war against Hollywood like what they say matters. In a rational world, nothing Hollywood says matters. They’re entertainers - not experts. But that’s not where we are.

Hollywood would do well to realize this, and focus on their craft and charitable endeavors. Circle jerking over how much Trump sucks adds irrational logs to the already-ablaze irrational bonfire.

What's that tell you? That people knew who Trump was prior to voting for him and STILL chose to vote for him instead of Hillary and the democrats? That's how bad your candidate and party is. Let it sink in...
Hillary is not in the picture and the Democrats have no power yet the GOP base strongly supports what Trump is doing. That tells me that the GOP LIKES who Trump is and what he does. Let that sink in.

Zeke I think you’re missing the forest for the trees here. As foolish as it sounds - they’re right. There is an all too-large segment of America that spite-votes for anti-establishment, anti-press, and anti-Hollywood sentiment.

This is not a comment on what’s rational or reasonable. We’re past that. Look at this board. We have educated people that spite vote. We have educated people that wage war against Hollywood like what they say matters. In a rational world, nothing Hollywood says matters. They’re entertainers - not experts. But that’s not where we are.

Hollywood would do well to realize this, and focus on their craft and charitable endeavors. Circle jerking over how much Trump sucks adds irrational logs to the already-ablaze irrational bonfire.
I agree with you on all of that.

My thinking part knows this. But I don’t understand how they can actually vote for someone who is basically part of the Hollywood elite they hate , but then criticize anyone that speaks out. I understand that it doesn’t do any good. But the hypocrisy that every time some D list celebrity supports Trump, suddenly that person is an expert on Fox News and lauded by the right.

Childish post. You sound like a teenager who just listened to Limbaugh for the first time. Do better.

It tells me that people are easily conned. It tells me that everyone else that sexually harassed women had to pay for it and Trump brags about it. It tells me there are a lot of racist and misogynist people in the country.

It tells me that people are easily conned. It tells me that everyone else that sexually harassed women had to pay for it and Trump brags about it. It tells me there are a lot of racist and misogynist people in the country.
Feel sorry for you, man. Really do.

One other thing. How are people conned? Trump is following through on a good amount of issues he ran on. And to top it all off, his approval ratings are going, wait for it, UP. Oh the horror, amirite?

Reactions: Lucy01
Childish post. You sound like a teenager who just listened to Limbaugh for the first time. Do better.
It’s not wrong. People knew who Trump was and despite his flaws still chose him over Hillary. Tells you how fed up people were with the status quo.

The standing ovation given to DeNiro and the high ratings for people like Kimmel tells me irrational and emotional politics runs wide and deep across the left and right. It isn't just the "spite voters".

Those two concepts are divisible. Maybe not for emotional thinkers.
Good point. I guess the GOP is mostly made up of emotional thinkers. That is why they say they like stuff now that they said they hated before. They can't distinguish between the good feeling they get from Trump and their attitudes about the policies he supports.

Reactions: hoosboot

It would be interesting to know what "values" Trump holds dear & more importantly which of those, you, and your supporters adhere to? Sexism, racism, sexual assault, pathological lying, corruption, conning others out of their money, adultery, not paying your bills, calling your own daughter a "piece of ass", undermining our judicial system, among others...which "value" of those do you most strongly adhere to & support the most?

The standing ovation given to DeNiro and the high ratings for people like Kimmel tells me irrational and emotional politics runs wide and deep across the left and right. It isn't just the "spite voters".
Well ok. But my point is that a group of entertainers circle jerking on politics shouldn’t mean that they’re to be taken seriously. Only the snowflakiest of us get butthurt at the obviously funny things that Kimmel says.

It would be interesting to know what "values" Trump holds dear & more importantly which of those, you, and your supporters adhere to? Sexism, racism, sexual assault, pathological lying, corruption, conning others out of their money, adultery, not paying your bills, calling your own daughter a "piece of ass", undermining our judicial system, among others...which "value" of those do you most strongly adhere to & support the most?
Conservative values. None of which you listed above. But thanks for the stereotypical butthurt liberal response.

Conservative values. None of which you listed above. But thanks for the stereotypical butthurt liberal response.
Did you notice liberals only want to talk about social issues! I vote my bank account. When people are working they don’t have time for crime and drugs.

Reactions: SNU0821
It tells me that people are easily conned.

They certainly are. But I think it'd be a mistake to suggest that only one group or one side of the aisle falls into that. Each side has their share of Useful Idiots.

Personally, I prefer to be a Useless Idiot. I may be stupid as a bag of turds but I'll carry the water for none of them.

Hillary is not in the picture and the Democrats have no power yet the GOP base strongly supports what Trump is doing. That tells me that the GOP LIKES who Trump is and what he does. Let that sink in.
You got part of it right. People can like the job Trump's doing and not the man. So yes, it does seem like the GOP base strongly supports what he is doing.

Good point. I guess the GOP is mostly made up of emotional thinkers. That is why they say they like stuff now that they said they hated before. They can't distinguish between the good feeling they get from Trump and their attitudes about the policies he supports.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

1. Russia as enemy numero uno. Romney called them out in 2012 and Obama and all the liberals on this board laughed at him. 6 years later and Boris is behind every rock.

2. Protectionist economics has been Democrat boilerplate since Roosevelt. It is why the unions are in the Democrat's back pocket. Now Trump is the anti-christ for pushing stuff that has been Democrat boilerplate since my Grandparents were children.

3. Morality in office. You all suddenly found that when it suited you. Before that it was all, "who cares if the President takes advantage of a young intern? It was just a blowjob and the economy is smoking right now."

Emotional thinkers? That dipshit De Niro has an open mic with a world wide audience to make any point he wants: plight of immigrants, fret over the U.S. relations with the world, stump for poverty issues, etc. and the only thing he can come up with is "**** Trump". Lol, you guys have had nothing but emotional reactions since November of 2016. Some of you were absolutely hysterical after the election. Newsflash: Everyone votes on emotion.

Y'all hate Trump. It is the only thing that drives you. The Democrats have an unpopular President but have basically blown their polling lead for the midterms. You have to run on more than, "I ****ing hate that guy" because there are a lot of people that despise the lunatics on your side of the aisle. With a good economy you need more than those guys suck.

People do vote against Hollywood because they (rightly) see them as the hypocritical asshole foot soldiers of the left. Dicks like them have ****ed entertainment, they ****ed sports. You complain about sermonizing from Christian's, well many of us are tired of the Church of Progressivism every time we go to a movie or watch a sporting event. The worst proselytizers to deal with in this country are hacks like De Niro. You play pretend for a living. Shut up and dance.

1. Russia as enemy numero uno. Romney called them out in 2012 and Obama and all the liberals on this board laughed at him. 6 years later and Boris is behind every rock.

2. Protectionist economics has been Democrat boilerplate since Roosevelt. It is why the unions are in the Democrat's back pocket. Now Trump is the anti-christ for pushing stuff that has been Democrat boilerplate since my Grandparents were children.

3. Morality in office. You all suddenly found that when it suited you. Before that it was all, "who cares if the President takes advantage of a young intern? It was just a blowjob and the economy is smoking right now."

Emotional thinkers? That dipshit De Niro has an open mic with a world wide audience to make any point he wants: plight of immigrants, fret over the U.S. relations with the world, stump for poverty issues, etc. and the only thing he can come up with is "**** Trump". Lol, you guys have had nothing but emotional reactions since November of 2016. Some of you were absolutely hysterical after the election. Newsflash: Everyone votes on emotion.

Y'all hate Trump. It is the only thing that drives you. The Democrats have an unpopular President but have basically blown their polling lead for the midterms. You have to run on more than, "I ****ing hate that guy" because there are a lot of people that despise the lunatics on your side of the aisle. With a good economy you need more than those guys suck.

People do vote against Hollywood because they (rightly) see them as the hypocritical asshole foot soldiers of the left. Dicks like them have ****ed entertainment, they ****ed sports. You complain about sermonizing from Christian's, well many of us are tired of the Church of Progressivism every time we go to a movie or watch a sporting event. The worst proselytizers to deal with in this country are hacks like De Niro. You play pretend for a living. Shut up and dance.
Welp. We can go ahead and shut this thread down. Nothing more needs to be said.

Well done. Spot on.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

So we’re clear: you, as an obviously intelligent man, support spite-voting for deeply flawed, inexperienced, unproven candidates at our nation’s highest levels of office, because Hollywood says not to?

Reactions: MaxCoke
So we’re clear: you, as an obviously intelligent man, support spite-voting for deeply flawed, inexperienced, unproven candidates at our nation’s highest levels of office, because Hollywood says not to?
Be careful calling someone inexperienced and unproven. We just had an 8 year President that never held a job where he made anything and had zero experience in Politics. His sole accomplishments were being black and having an articulate speech.

He was still better than who the democrats put forward.

Reactions: Lucy01
Be careful calling someone inexperienced and unproven. We just had an 8 year President that never held a job where he made anything and had zero experience in Politics. His sole accomplishments were being black and having an articulate speech.
While I think your last sentence is asinine and has the maturity of thought of a sixth grader, I didn’t vote for Obama in 2008 due to his inexperience. His experience however, dwarfs that of Trump.

I think you should also lay off the Rand. Our finest president in history never “made” anything, except for the freedoms of a group of people.

ADVERTISEMENT