ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks from a Northwestern and new Indiana fan

Oct 27, 2020
Northwestern and new Indiana fan here. Just wanted to thank you all for developing our new qb PRamsey. Also, I hope you win all the rest of your games on your schedule. This past Saturday's win against psu was the best game to watch of the season for any conference. Your qb Penix very well be a first round qb pick when all is said and done. I'm hoping the Bears draft him. Anyhow, much luck to you all! Your next missions should be to knock off osu and michigan. You came tantalizingly close several times over the past several years and it looks like this year will be a very special one for your program. Maybe Ind and NU will meet in the BIG champ game?? Wouldn't that be wild??

Peyton is the real deal. Sad to see him go but we were between a rock and a hard place. For years we (fans) have called him the prototypical Northwestern QB so it was quite fitting he would end up there. I have only heard people compliment NW football and Coach Fitz so I'm hoping he will do great things for you guys. One guarantee is that guy plays EVERY week and he gives you 120%....EVERY week. Best of luck!

Northwestern and new Indiana fan here. Just wanted to thank you all for developing our new qb PRamsey. Also, I hope you win all the rest of your games on your schedule. This past Saturday's win against psu was the best game to watch of the season for any conference. Your qb Penix very well be a first round qb pick when all is said and done. I'm hoping the Bears draft him. Anyhow, much luck to you all! Your next missions should be to knock off osu and michigan. You came tantalizingly close several times over the past several years and it looks like this year will be a very special one for your program. Maybe Ind and NU will meet in the BIG champ game?? Wouldn't that be wild??

He’s playing for a team and coach that I have tremendous respect for.

Peyton Ramsey is a good QB and even better kid.
He will always be one of my favs to wear an IU uniform.

It was good to see Ramsey go to Northwestern to play for coach Fitz. Many fans have seen Northwestern as the reason why IU could get much more improved despite not getting top recruits like the "big boys" but losing to NW.

It would be wild if IU and Northwestern plays for the championship this year.

Yep, the Bears have been the place where QB’s go to die. Other than McMahon they haven’t had one last more than a couple seasons.
Aside from McMahon, Sid Luckman and Bill Wade are the only two QBs who played effectively for the Bears in the past 80 Years. Luckman was before my time in the 1940's, so I never saw him. Wade came over from the Rams and Quarterbacked the 1963 NFL Champions (that one I did see when I was 12 Years Old).

Reactions: vesuvius13
Aside from McMahon, Sid Luckman and Bill Wade are the only two QBs who played effectively for the Bears in the past 80 Years. Luckman was before my time in the 1940's, so I never saw him. Wade came over from the Rams and Quarterbacked the 1963 NFL Champions (that one I did see when I was 12 Years Old).
Well, what about Ed “Dutch” Sternaman who quarterbacked the then Chicago Staley’s to the 1921 championship? He had this end he liked to throw to named George Halas.

This might sound crazy, but Peyton reminds me of one of those QBs that SEC teams won national championships with in the 2000s. Not an amazing pro prospect by any stretch of the imagination, but he's athletic, smart, can make more throws than he's given credit for, and can manage the game.

Great fit for NW where they're not going to ask him to do everything himself. He's a gamer and was a joy to watch, particularly last season. Awesome to see his first game for NW turn out so well and I hope he has a great last ride.

I'm happy for Ramsey.

He'll always be a INDIANA man in my eyes if for no other reason than his play against Nebraska after they tried to knock him out of the game with a late hit/cheap shot that would have put most of us on here in the hospital...

Tough young man! I wish him the very Best...

Would have loved to have seen him finish here but it's obvious he made the smart decision and it's working out well for all involved...

His arm actually looks stronger this year, although it did appear to have finally tired a bit late in the game against Maryland... As long as they don't routinely ask him to throw it over 50 times a game, it appears to me he has enough zip on the ball these days to make every throw and do what it takes for NW to win the Big Ten West...

Reactions: ESalum86 and CC Mac
Rudy Bukich was excellent for the Bears in 1965 when he replaced Wade as QB after three straight losses to start the season. That team was the best in the NFL after that slow start, but the beginning of that season cost the team a possible championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT