ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you. Thank you one and all. (Induction speech)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Fade Away

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
I walk into the room wearing (as the kids do nowdays) a throwback jersey.

(Text Based very loosely on Abe Lincoln’s “Gettysburg Address”)

Four score and well OK, one year ago, we three founding fathers (etecnifibre, me and BCC)[/URL] brought forth on this, Peegs.com, a new nation, conceived in liberty, hot women, and HLA, dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal (and like to B.S. around on the Internet). Now we are engaged in our one-year anniversary, testing whether that Peegs.com could have conceived that we would endure. And sure enough, it looks like we have like Jenna Jameson. We have come to dedicate a portion of our daily lives to babble aimlessly about off topic subjects so our nation (the OTF) might live.

It is altogether fitting and proper that we (Basil and I, along with etecnifibre and BCC) are being inducted into the OTF HOF on the one-year anniversary. But in a larger sense, this day is NOT about 2 people. It is about the OTF as a collective whole. If it were not for all of you keeping the OTF going, the board would have died and Peegs would have had one less set of posters to attempt to regulate.

The brave men (and few women), living and dead (read blacklisted) who struggled here (on the OTF) have made this a board that I am proud to call ‘my home’ on Peegs. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what we did here. It is, for us, a board to discuss anything from “Good Eats: What’s for dinner”, to HLA, to ‘Sod off’, to Caption Time, to Poll-o-Rama, to birth announcements. (Just don’t try to talk about politics).

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task of posting utter nonsense--that from this honored message board we take increased devotion to that cause (HLA) for which we all gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that $chrock$tar did not have died in vain, that this nation under PEEGS shall have a new birth of freedom, and that themessage board of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

What that said, thanks to all those that tool the time to vote. It is an honor and a privilege to be in the inaugural OTF Class of 2004.

Thanks to Peegs. (Do I need to say more? I have given you propos in 4 milestone posts already). I really need to thank Bruce Strom, FWBigred, Townsend, BCC, and a few others on the Football board[/URL]. This is where I got my start, and I think my first 100 posts.

Special thanks to etecnifibre for taking my idea of an “Off Topic board” to Peegs. Who knew that we’d still be here a year later.

As is customary with baseball’s HOF……………………For the OTF HOF, I am going in wearing an IU football helmet (and jersey). This is where I got my start.

Well done man!.......

Props to you and your crew for creating a unique Forum. It was a great idea! Also, a special thanks to you for the help and support you given me the past 2 years, it's appreciated. Click on the link below. Here's $5,000, see if you guys can go far with this......party on.

Drinks Courtesy Of FWbigred

Quit kissing a$$. His head is too big as it is. nt

This post was edited on 4/22 8:29 PM

If it weren't for the fact that there were no babes or tattas in that

induction speech, I'd say BRAVO! But at least you didn't post your own tattas, so BRAVO! anyway...

Was that jersey standing because you never washed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT