ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A & M WR transfer Camron Buckley to IU

Adding another weapon to our offense and coach Sheridan needs to make defense pay against this offense in 2020.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
Is there ever such a thing as "too much?" :) This WR room looks deep but know they will have some grads after this season. I hope IU can play a lot of players so they see "next man up" and "always be ready" are real mantra's in B10 FB! But the who's who of schools sending players to IU this year is unreal.

I don't understand this as I really like our young wide receivers and would rather they get playing time over a one and done. Is this because he is a slot and we just don't have any other slot receivers besides the Florida state transfer?

I don't understand this as I really like our young wide receivers and would rather they get playing time over a one and done. Is this because he is a slot and we just don't have any other slot receivers besides the Florida state transfer?

D. Brown's also a slot guy, isn't he? And Ellis might play some there.

I get what you are saying. I think the coaching staff senses that this is THE year to make a big splash. Nothing after this year is guaranteed.

One part of this is that having 2 receivers as Grad transfers with one year of eligibility in a use it or lose it mode, you don't have to sacrifice a year of eligibility for your younger receivers just to cover an injury. If you can redshirt several freshman and maybe a sophomore or two for development. it could be advantageous in the long run.

D. Brown's also a slot guy, isn't he? And Ellis might play some there.

I get what you are saying. I think the coaching staff senses that this is THE year to make a big splash. Nothing after this year is guaranteed.
Ellis is a slot yet he got moved to running back didn't he?

I am not sure where Brown naturally fits so I went and watched some video on him and he does not come off as a typical slot type of receiver.

I also looked at our roster and we are not terribly deep at WR if the injury bug hits and do not appear to have another slot type of receiver on our roster outside of Ellis.

Reactions: vesuvius13
With Carr, James, and Baldwin, I wouldn't be surprised if Ellis moved back to WR. Roster lists him as RB/ST.

I could see him battling it out with baldwin for when they need speed for a change of pace.

Reactions: vesuvius13
3 freshmen WR's coming in, would think all of them can redshirt

Just guessing, but I think Williams and/or Smith may be too good to redshirt. Williams, especially, since he went through Spring practice.

One thing, however, that may be playing into this is that Iowa & Cincy are games 1 & 3 on the schedule and are very difficult and important games. CTA might feel more comfortable playing veterans in those two early games.

Ellis is a slot yet he got moved to running back didn't he?

I am not sure where Brown naturally fits so I went and watched some video on him and he does not come off as a typical slot type of receiver.

I also looked at our roster and we are not terribly deep at WR if the injury bug hits and do not appear to have another slot type of receiver on our roster outside of Ellis.

You must not have seen DJ on the roster then.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT