ADVERTISEMENT

Team has officially quit

Were u expecting a different result today? How about next year, how about the 4th, 5th, 6th year.
I still put a lot of it on the players and I feel like that Archie needs to clean house and bring in guys who want to compete and not just play basketball. To me if you take out the very best coaches int he country there is not that much difference in coaches. There are so many X and O"s out there so most of the difference is the players buying into your style. Like I said that in two years if we are still having this discussion then yes it would be time for a change. Sometimes if you have some addition by subtraction then you can have q quick turnaround so hopefully we might see that

Reactions: ufo33
I still put a lot of it on the players and I feel like that Archie needs to clean house and bring in guys who want to compete and not just play basketball. To me if you take out the very best coaches int he country there is not that much difference in coaches. There are so many X and O"s out there so most of the difference is the players buying into your style. Like I said that in two years if we are still having this discussion then yes it would be time for a change. Sometimes if you have some addition by subtraction then you can have q quick turnaround so hopefully we might see that

I’ve seen guys that get more response out of their grade school teams.

Time to admit that Archie was a strike-out hire. Looked good on paper. No shame in the hire but it will be shameful if they continue with this joker. That’s where IU can right the ship. They can correct their error. Will Fred do it? Not a freaking chance.

Time to admit that Archie was a strike-out hire. Looked good on paper. No shame in the hire but it will be shameful if they continue with this joker. That’s where IU can right the ship. They can correct their error. Will Fred do it? Not a freaking chance.

You want Fred making the next hire? I wouldnt trust him to hire a dog catcher.

Then Archie needs to sit guys - even upperclassmen - if they aren't going to play hard. What the worse that could happen - lose the game?
He should have had Blackmon, Forester, Race, Damezi and whatever other stiff we have. At least try to send a message so u can beat Purdue.

Reactions: tbone6004

Like I said I was not for this hire but he is not going to get fired after two years because that would do more harm to the health of the program. if you fire a coach everytime they did not turn it around in to years the you will neve have nay continuity in your program. Most great organizations are built on continuity and IU has not had that for over 25 years.

Like I said I was not for this hire but he is not going to get fired after two years because that would do more harm to the health of the program. if you fire a coach everytime they did not turn it around in to years the you will neve have nay continuity in your program. Most great organizations are built on continuity and IU has not had that for over 25 years.
I’m not sure how the program could get any worse? Is that possible?

Health of the program?

Scott - this is rock bottom. We are at ground zero. There is no program anymore. This is like a complete startup regardless. This is SMU football coming off the death penalty.

Clean house of all of these people: AD and entire staff. There’s no “health” left to damage.

He is here for two more years minimum. Thats a fact

Health of the program?

Scott - this is rock bottom. We are at ground zero. There is no program anymore. This is like a complete startup regardless. This is SMU football coming off the death penalty.

Clean house of all of these people: AD and entire staff. There’s no “health” left to damage.
Go ahead and fire him and see who the next round of candidates will be because you won't see any top guys coming here.

Go ahead and fire him and see who the next round of candidates will be because you won't see any top guys coming here.

You’d be surprised. Just because IU was sold a false bill of goods with this hire doesn’t mean that there are aren’t genuine coaches out there who could do a better job. Complete deer-in-the headlights with this entire staff.

Reactions: IUgradman
They have not played with any emotion or heart for two months and now it has hit total rock bottom.
I am a casual poster on this site. I grew up on the UK, IU and UL rivalry games that used to occur annually. I am not a recruiting person and I am very puzzled at times as to why a recruit picks a certain school over another. Todays game gave all opposing coaches something to talk to recruits about. Arguably a top five recruit in the nation and ,outside of Damon Bailey, the most well known IU recruit in the last few decades has regressed noticeably during this season. It doesn't take a basketball expert to see this. It may be all on Langford but it looks like a totally lost team out there and that's not on Langford.
IU also has a former player, coach and now game analyst mentioning bad coaching several times during the game. If an opposing coach compares how they would use a recruit vs. how IU might use him (show portions of this game) and include comments by Dakich. I saw a team that worked hard and performed as a team today but unfortunately, it was not IU. K. Brooks will probably still choose IU but after watching Langfords fall, why would he?

Still a firm believer that CAM needs four years to know what we got but i said before Fred hired him there should be no way in hell IU didn't get Stevens,Donovan or Marshall. Just no way you don't pay what it takes to be Elite if that is what you strive to be. So from my perspective Fred may not be that concerned about being elite just wants a good clean coach that is middle of the pack and represents the University well.

Reactions: bang63
Still a firm believer that CAM needs four years to know what we got but i said before Fred hired him there should be no way in hell IU didn't get Stevens,Donovan or Marshall. Just no way you don't pay what it takes to be Elite if that is what you strive to be. So from my perspective Fred may not be that concerned about being elite just wants a good clean coach that is middle of the pack and represents the University well.

Can you let us know when IU basketball reaches middle of the pack?

I don’t know if you are familiar with SMU after it came off the death penalty but IU sports look a lot like that now.

Reactions: IUgradman
Winner winner proceed to the Fred Glass red light special concession to claim your prize!

He is going to get it done. Will just take time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT