ADVERTISEMENT

TDH - IU Women’s BB Cruises to 4-0 with Rout of Bowling Green

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002

This is a good Team. Sort of an off night for Holmes but and a little sloppy overall but ball movement is pretty crisp, dangerous from deep and defense is noteworthy. Better than last year in terms of both personnel and execution at both ends. Could go far...

This is a good Team. Sort of an off night for Holmes but and a little sloppy overall but ball movement is pretty crisp, dangerous from deep and defense is noteworthy. Better than last year in terms of both personnel and execution at both ends. Could go far...
I'll be very happy if our men's team shows as much resilience and moxy as our women's team has! They passed their first test; ours is tonight!

Saw that the women are up to #6... OSU up to #4. Is this the highest our women's team has ever been ranked?

Ladies are fun to watch. A lot of passing and picks. Chloe, Sara, Yardon Shooting well from three.
Off to Vegas for two late games Friday and Saturday
I was telling others that I switched to Youtube TV recently and one of the features I liked is that you can put in a team to record and (so far!) it finds their game, regardless of channel, and records it. I think I've got 2 things set to record so far: IU Men's bball and IU Women's bball!

The women are very fun to watch! Very solid across the board so far. Wondering how we'd fare against the "elite teams" (SC, Stanford and UConn). OSU is 4 and they beat TN also, although I think they played them in Columbus so I think it was more impressive that we went to UT and beat them at their place.

I was telling others that I switched to Youtube TV recently and one of the features I liked is that you can put in a team to record and (so far!) it finds their game, regardless of channel, and records it. I think I've got 2 things set to record so far: IU Men's bball and IU Women's bball!

The women are very fun to watch! Very solid across the board so far. Wondering how we'd fare against the "elite teams" (SC, Stanford and UConn). OSU is 4 and they beat TN also, although I think they played them in Columbus so I think it was more impressive that we went to UT and beat them at their place.
Agree, a win at Tennessee is better than a win at home. However their best player missed our game.
I still think we are short a big. Stanford has 6’7, 6’5”, 6’5” with length. To win those games I think we will have to push 50% from three.

Agree, a win at Tennessee is better than a win at home. However their best player missed our game.
I still think we are short a big. Stanford has 6’7, 6’5”, 6’5” with length. To win those games I think we will have to push 50% from three.
From all the analysis I've heard it sounds like most people think that SC and Stanford are just head and shoulders above everyone. Do you think there's an undefeated season in the offing for one of those 2? Just sounds like they are a class above everyone else, compared to the guy's side.

PS. I didn't realize they were missing their best player.

From all the analysis I've heard it sounds like most people think that SC and Stanford are just head and shoulders above everyone. Do you think there's an undefeated season in the offing for one of those 2? Just sounds like they are a class above everyone else, compared to the guy's side.

Well, given that SC just beat Stanford in overtime in Stanford after Stanford led most of the game, only one of those teams is undefeated now.

Reactions: kkott

The height differential is formidable but IMO doesn't mean as much because almost none of them can really jump and execution is far more critical /telling in the women's game than the men's, i.e., more reliance on individual talent than Team BB and height just isn't the same 'force multiplier'.

Doesn't mean SC/Stanford's frontline personnel aren't also good in addition to tall, just that IU was undersized when they reached the Elite Eight and simply outplayed some bigger teams to get there. IMO they seem sharper and more fluid now with Berger and Scalia than they were with Patberg and Cardano. By Season's end expect IU to 'put on a clinic 'some nights, moreso because they are deeper, more skilled and have more Players that can actually shoot and put the ball on the floor.

Just how it looks from what little I've seen.

Reactions: hickorytree1
Tennessee just lost twice more in the past two days. They’re a mess. I’m not sure that will end up looking like that great of a win but we’ve got other opportunities to win big games

Reactions: IUgradman

Stanford was up 8 in the fourth, at home, and still lost to SC. The lady gamecocks may be head and shoulders better, I hadn’t thought of it that way before.
Undefeated? That is so difficult I would not bet on it.

Well, given that SC just beat Stanford in overtime in Stanford after Stanford led most of the game, only one of those teams is undefeated now.
Sorry, I hadn't even watched women's bball until the last couple of years, but the Lady Hoosiers are fun to watch! SC has a strange schedule: #1 team in the land and yet it looks like they are in the midst of 4 straight road games. They play at UCONN in February too, so that's some schedule, although the SEC doesn't look as strong at the moment. I've got to watch an SC game here soon and see how they look compared to the Hoosiers!

Sorry, I hadn't even watched women's bball until the last couple of years, but the Lady Hoosiers are fun to watch! SC has a strange schedule: #1 team in the land and yet it looks like they are in the midst of 4 straight road games. They play at UCONN in February too, so that's some schedule, although the SEC doesn't look as strong at the moment. I've got to watch an SC game here soon and see how they look compared to the Hoosiers!
Hey Kott, I also have YouTube tv, how did you get it to tape the games?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT