ADVERTISEMENT

TBT Game tonight......

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
Does anyone know why Hulls and Kopp aren't playing tonight?

Commentators said they would be able to play on Sunday if Assembly Ball wins the game tonight.

Does anyone know why Hulls and Kopp aren't playing tonight?

Commentators said they would be able to play on Sunday if Assembly Ball wins the game tonight.
Kopp is playing summer league. Not sure about Jordy.

Interesting format at the end. Entertaining game. Absolutely love Dakota Quinn. This is who I thought Joey Brunk might had become.

Watching Yogi just emphasizes how important a good point guard is. Is help "on the way", or already on campus?

Last edited:
Morgan and Yogi were sensational as usual. Juwan got up to the stratosphere on some of those rebounds. Got the big 3 and the key block to seal the win.

Yogi controlled the whole game start to finish. Seeing Watford, Morgan, Race and Trayce all together on the sideline was special.
This is a fun tourney.

Interesting format at the end. Entertaining game. Absolutely love Dakota Quinn. This is who I thought Joey Brunk might had become.

Watching Yogi just emphasizes how important a good point guard is. Is help "on the way", or already on campus?
Yogi is one of my absolute favorite Hoosiers.And I'm personal friends with Cody....Motor that never quits

I caught some of the Louisville game yesterday. Announcers said more than 6k in the crowd. Zero buzz in Btown about tonight's game.
These are alumni players and "old guys" to most students.

There is a reason the games are in Indy.

Because Indy will be a bigger draw and there are enough facilities available to accommodate all 8 teams?
Yes, the IU alumni are in Indy and they are the ones that want to see these former players. IU alumni will make the games float

Somewhat of a fun game to watch, only about 4-5 players that actually played for IU. Race Thompson for the 3! Was a shocker, miller kopp actually doing well but Yogi was best player out there won by 13 or so……play for regional championship Tuesday night versus I think Northwestern alum…..Hummel did play by play, explained TBT format well including how much players get if they win……game was offensive struggle, Hummel summed it up best when he said “this game is more of a rock fight than a basketball game” or something to that effect

Somewhat of a fun game to watch, only about 4-5 players that actually played for IU. Race Thompson for the 3! Was a shocker, miller kopp actually doing well but Yogi was best player out there won by 13 or so……play for regional championship Tuesday night versus I think Northwestern alum…..Hummel did play by play, explained TBT format well including how much players get if they win……game was offensive struggle, Hummel summed it up best when he said “this game is more of a rock fight than a basketball game” or something to that effect
Painful to watch especially that stupid ending format. PU coached by LewJack, I assume with two ankle monitors on.

Hopefully more of the IU guys can play/play more next game.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Painful to watch especially that stupid ending format. PU coached by LewJack, I assume with two ankle monitors on.

Hopefully more of the IU guys can play/play more next game.
I didn't watch the end, but I've seen it before and I actually think it would be a great way to make the ends of real games more enjoyable and moving at a decent clip.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yeah, I found it entertaining; suprisingly so. The adding 8 pts to the leaders score and then playing to that was an interesting twist, but I thought the 1 foul shot plus retaining possession would do more to speed games along, and not have endless fouling.

Plus, glad for the guy who made the winning FT that he won an extra $1000 from Puma.

I didn't watch the end, but I've seen it before and I actually think it would be a great way to make the ends of real games more enjoyable and moving at a decent clip.
This game would have been mercifully over in four minutes with a 14 pt IU win, instead it dragged on with explainations of what happens next with each dead ball. It is done for one reason and that is to allow a shooter wearing a certain brand of shoe to score the last point and win $1K.

It is akin to one of the time out promotional games being woven into the actual game.

This game would have been mercifully over in four minutes with a 14 pt IU win, instead it dragged on with explainations of what happens next with each dead ball. It is done for one reason and that is to allow a shooter wearing a certain brand of shoe to score the last point and win $1K.

It is akin to one of the time out promotional games being woven into the actual game.
Ok bubba

The idiot play by play guy thought every player played for IU. Or the Crimson and Cream. Even called Mackey, Mackey Hall. 😂

?? Not sure if you've watched the last 4 minutes of a game, but it often takes closer to 30 minutes, with the outcome never in question and fouls and timeouts racking up as it drags on. This is meant to quicken things and I'd guess it did.

And, that's not why it's done, I think Puma is the only company offering the $1000 for the winning basket, and most of those guys weren't wearing Puma. It just so happened that this guy was and it actually made it kind of funny/interesting because he was a terrible FT shooter and missed the first one. I was happy for him. If they wanted to do what you said, they'd just pay $1000 for whoever scores the winning basket.

Last edited:
?? Not sure if you've watched the last 4 minutes of a game, but it often takes closer to 30 minutes, with the outcome never in question and fouls and timeouts racking up and it drags on. This is meant to quicken things and I'd guess it did.

And, that's not why it's done, I think Puma is the only company offering the $1000 for the winning basket, and most of those guys weren't wearing Puma. It just so happened that this guy was and it actually made it kind of funny/interesting because he was a terrible FT shooter and missed the first one. I was happy for him. If they wanted to do what you said, they'd just pay $1000 for whoever scores the winning basket.
Disagree but I am really not that concerned, i will watch the next one anyway

Elam ending was awesome tonight, refs swallowed the whistle at the end, Kopp blew a big layup, almost pulled off an incredible comeback

Reactions: kkott
Havent followed, why did only two IU alumni see action tonight? No Morgan? Troy? NV?
Morgan got hurt last game, so I assume that's why he was out, but Race and Devonte played last game and I don't think either were there, and I don't think Troy ever played (maybe first game?), nor did Noah. Also one of their big guys (Gamble?) who had played pretty well I think was hurt and didn't play, or at least didn't play in the second half when I watched. Kind of sucks for the team to have that many guys no show. Kopp made a couple shots, but hurt more than he helped I thought.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Morgan, Troy, Race, Wat, NV, Greene all out. Gamble out in the second half and Yogi couldn't buy a bucket. Turned it off at 4:00 of the 4th
you missed an unbelievable ending, they had a very good shot to win in it, had to score the last 14 points, scored 11 straight, uks team would have beat the piss out of them full of NBA vets. might be best they lost

No explaination for missing players. Morgan injury? Others got mad and took their ball home? Not good when Kopp has so many minutes and Yogi not hitting. One of the dumbest plays in recent memory before the half. IU bitching about the call, but it was too flagrant to swallow the whistle. Guy should be recruited by IU football so he can get called for block in the back 20 yards away from a touchdown.

Nice diversion during the hoops dead period. Kinda liked the Elam rule, but hope it never comes to real games.

No explaination for missing players. Morgan injury? Others got mad and took their ball home? Not good when Kopp has so many minutes and Yogi not hitting. One of the dumbest plays in recent memory before the half. IU bitching about the call, but it was too flagrant to swallow the whistle. Guy should be recruited by IU football so he can get called for block in the back 20 yards away from a touchdown.

Nice diversion during the hoops dead period. Kinda liked the Elam rule, but hope it never comes to real games.
Morgan left the previous game with a shulder injury. Others nor ready to play and hoping for games next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT