ADVERTISEMENT

tamar moved to #23 on espn final rankings

The band did not play the hellfire song the last time I was in Mackey for the IU game but the IU Sux chant still found it's way into the evening more than once so it has not stopped. Is it true that they used the IU Sux chant to test the new scoreboard at RA?

I have never met an IU grad that is bothered by it...in fact IU grads hope it never stops apprearing at any PU event becuse it so clearly demonstrates the psychological pecking order. N, you may not be a part of it but many many many students and alumni are...and we love it.

never stop!
Purdue band plays no such song called hellfire.

Take off those crimson-colored glasses my friend! Championships do matter and having them is certainly better than not; but when they happened also matters. How many people consider Cincy or USF bball powers, or even know that either won more than 1 NC? Now obviously ours aren't as old as '54-'62, but the longer we continue without one, especially with overall mediocre results, the farther we slip off the national radar.

I concur with some minor adjustments. IU has won five and stil is tied for fourth all time in championships. Until IU drops out of the top ten, that will always appear if googled. We have been to a FF since and was ranked #1 for a large part of the season with Crean. Sportscasters still talk of IU as a blue blood. So, while I agree IU needs to get back to current relavancy, IU still has the history.

Many say IU is not elite and I agree with that statement since IMO, elite is NOW. Many say that IU is no longer a blue blood and I strongly disagee since IMO, blue blood is history and IU has that. Now, IU's royal blood might be fading closer and closer to sky blue with each passing year but still blue. 😁

I'll gladly take it over there. Just get trojanfan to give me his ID on knucklehead central and I can hear why he thinks Waddell is really bad at basketball.
Not really bad, but, not an impact player by any means. Could be solid in years 3 and 4

Not really bad, but, not an impact player by any means. Could be solid in years 3 and 4
Is that a bad thing though? He was recruited to be just that. He's redshirting next year. I'd argue every team needs those 3 to 4 year guys that are solid, not great players.

I think Waddell is a good four year player. He passed the eye test for me..
Agree. He's the perfect type of developmental player that will stay 4 years and who doesn't expect to be a starter in his early years in the program. He's not the type who is going to transfer in a year or two if he doesn't see much time on the floor.

You need players like him to bring some maturity to the program in his upperclassmen years.

Then why didn't Duke and UNC make the championship? Why was carsen Edwards sub 100? They aren't gospel.
Actually, that's what a LOT of Crean's supporters used to say. They'd bring up exceptions (Victor, OG) and then claim that rankings don't matter. They do.

The reason that teams like Duke and Kentucky haven't won titles recently is that their teams never get older. If you look at recent champions, they had a nice mix of talent and experience.

To claim that rankings don't matter (in general) is just wrong. In a cumulative sense, the talent of the players ranked in the top 10 to 20 players vs players in the bottom end of the top 100 players is significantly different.

Now do Purdue.
Earth-Age-1024x538.jpg

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT