ADVERTISEMENT

tamar moved to #23 on espn final rankings

I've seen both players play on several occasions. They both have the chance to be very good four year players. I actually would be surprised if either ends up contributing nothing to their program. Both are very good shooters and heady players.
lol ..........

Except you're not shitting on them... that's what they've been doing to us. Berating them is like the annoying kid who keeps chirping after he got his butt kicked. But, keep chirping....

And, I'm an IU grad and have been a fan back to 1975.
Well he's a BSU grad so he knows more about IU basketball than anyone else.

Reactions: BHAII
So, he had 20 in a championship game. He must be better than Gunn🤔 seems fitting for the Furst and Duncomb comparison.

Back on subject- you can’t claim IU is irrelevant after it pulled in an out of state top 25 recruit. Remind me the last time Purdue did that.
I’m not sure how accurate ESPN rankings are but the class ranking is top 25. Purdue is not. 🤣

Back on subject- you can’t claim IU is irrelevant after it pulled in an out of state top 25 recruit. Remind me of the last time Purdue did that.
If recruiting rankings are everything. Sure. Honestly, rankings don't mean much. 25 to 100 are comparable players now a days.

Reactions: Poprudy
If recruiting rankings are everything. Sure. Honestly, rankings don't mean much. 25 to 100 are comparable players now a days.
You're discussing logic. Numbers mean everything in recruiting 😉Beard's top 4 scorers weren't even top 90 players.

Reactions: BoilerN
You're discussing logic. Numbers mean everything in recruiting 😉Beard's top 4 scorers weren't even top 90 players.
Logic dictates not to dismiss something just because it doesn't fit your narrative. It also recognizes outliers as being outliers and not as a norm.

You're not discussing logic in any form, just your emotionally biased opinion. The smiley face makes you appear even more foolish.

Unless of course .. you're speaking of Helm's Logic. Then carry on. There's no arguing Helm's logic... where fake banners equal championships.

And, you're wrong, Shannon was consensus ranked 81. Logic dictates that 81 is 9 spots below 90.

"logic" ..*eyeroll*

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
You should never fill a scholarship unless it is someone that can help the team. Either Painter thinks that waddell can help his team and is a diamond in the rough or this is plan z after a bunch of strikeouts. Being a legacy may have pushed it over the top to get an offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrojanFan004
Except you're not shitting on them... that's what they've been doing to us. Berating them is like the annoying kid who keeps chirping after he got his butt kicked. But, keep chirping....

And, I'm an IU grad and have been a fan back to 1975.
Purdue sucks. Always has. Always will.

Reactions: hoosier48
Cool, we had the worst coach in IU history on the sideline. Even Purdue fans can’t be thrilled with a non ranked player taking up a scholarship. They thought they had turned a corner in recruiting with Furst and Kaufman.
He’s a legacy player for them. The only IU legacy player I can think of off hand is Scott May jr. and he was a walked-on. Purdue has had quite a few, I believe, so it’s their thing. Of course, IU wanted Sean May pretty bad.

I just wonder if you guys who look for reasons to bag on PU realize how stupid you look citing things like this, when they've done nothing but kick our tail for such a long time? Stick with the fugly coeds if you want, but if you don't want to look like a moron, hold off on bball related stuff at least until we beat them. I could care less if they have no one on their roster who was ranked if they beat us.
Almost as stupid as someone admonishing IU fans for bagging on PU on a message board. Get outta here with your righteous indignation. Go to GBI & commiserate with them about us delusional IU fans.

Give me the average recruit ranking for the starting 5 of every championship team dating back to 2000. You can’t honestly believe recruiting rankings don’t matter. Talented players lead to championships.

Logic dictates not to dismiss something just because it doesn't fit your narrative. It also recognizes outliers as being outliers and not as a norm.

You're not discussing logic in any form, just your emotionally biased opinion. The smiley face makes you appear even more foolish.

Unless of course .. you're speaking of Helm's Logic. Then carry on. There's no arguing Helm's logic... where fake banners equal championships.

And, you're wrong, Shannon was consensus ranked 81. Logic dictates that 81 is 9 spots below 90.

"logic" ..*eyeroll*
You're wrong. Recruiting has been an effective tool for IU but winning is a different story.

Logic at it's finest!

Not sure where you are getting the BSU crap from, but I graduated from IU in 2015.
I apologize then as I thought you had said that’s where you had attended BSU. I hate it when people are so judgmental of a school when they have no real connection to it other than being a fan but I guess that’s not you.

I figure, why not take on a project. It's not like you can play all 13 guys and you have the space. He really came on strong senior year. Doesn't take a scholarship away from next year, as you can still take 4.

Curious to see what Bates looks like for you guys. Purdue reached out, but I think that's about it. Seems like a solid get

The reason you don't take some boob with a seemingly unimportant 13th scholarship is it can be used on a late transfer or midseason quality transfer. That spot could have gotten you a good player but instead you have your boob for 4 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Give me the average recruit ranking for the starting 5 of every championship team dating back to 2000. You can’t honestly believe recruiting rankings don’t matter. Talented players lead to championships.
Then why didn't Duke and UNC make the championship? Why was carsen Edwards sub 100? They aren't gospel.

Then why didn't Duke and UNC make the championship? Why was carsen Edwards sub 100? They aren't gospel.
Recruiting rankings arent everything, but they are extremely important. Only two teams in the last 42 years have won the championship without a McDonalds All American on the team.

There are obviously outliers like Carsen, but overall, rankings are a good indicator of future success.

Now tell us how many championships you have. Think about it!

Well, I’m damn near 40 and don’t remember an IU one. No chance in hell I’m going to beat my chest to a rival that we haven’t beaten in five years about something that happened when I was 4.

I am excited about our future. Our incoming class is now every bit as good as Purdue. It’s highly likely we finish in the top 4 in the BigTen and beat Purdue at least once next year.

If you graduated in 2015, you’ve haven’t even walked this earth during an IU championship. You don’t find it sad that you’re bragging about something that happened well before you were born? Grow up.

Last edited:
Well, I’m damn near 40 and don’t remember an IU one. No chance in hell I’m going to beat my chest to a rival that we haven’t beaten in five years about something that happened when I was 4.
Should I ask when the last time Purdue made the final 4 was?

You do whatever gets you off. The rest of us, who are real fans, will just sit in the back, cringe, and be embarrassed for what our fanbase has become.
Nah, real fans know Purdue sucks and aren’t afraid to say it at any time. I mean look at Purdue chanting IU sucks at every event they’ve ever held. I was at the game we beat their ass by 37 in Mackey and they still chanted IU sucks. That’s the beauty of the rivalry. A real fan would know that.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Nah, real fans know Purdue sucks and aren’t afraid to say it at any time. I mean look at Purdue chanting IU sucks at every event they’ve ever held. I was at the game we beat their ass by 37 in Mackey and they still chanted IU sucks. That’s the beauty of the rivalry. A real fan would know that.
Chant is a thing of the past now.

Meh, so talk about that beating them by 37 ten years ago. At least you witnessed that and aren’t needing ESPN Classic to watch old ass highlights from the 80s

I’m a huge Cardinals fan and have tons of friends who love the Cubs... even before the Cubs finally won I’d never bring up world titles that the cardinals won in the 1940s. Just ridiculously dumb.

All of this 9 in a row crap doesn’t matter either. What matters is that we’re building something special and the streak will end next year. Guaranteed.

ADVERTISEMENT