ADVERTISEMENT

tamar moved to #23 on espn final rankings

He looks like a great recruit, but has a weird gate to him. Kind of like OG and hard to describe, but I also thought the same thing about Kobe for many years, so not too worried

There's only 1 stat I care about related to PU, and it isn't recruit rankings. They're what, 9-0 over the last 4 years, with mostly lower rated recruits? I don't think they're worried about rankings either.
Cool, we had the worst coach in IU history on the sideline. Even Purdue fans can’t be thrilled with a non ranked player taking up a scholarship. They thought they had turned a corner in recruiting with Furst and Kaufman.

Cool, we had the worst coach in IU history on the sideline. Even Purdue fans can’t be thrilled with a non ranked player taking up a scholarship. They thought they had turned a corner in recruiting with Furst and Kaufman.
Ya get 13 scholarships. No one plays 13 guys. Why not take a developmental guy? Especially a high IQ sharp shooter.

Reactions: ckfritz1
I just wonder if you guys who look for reasons to bag on PU realize how stupid you look citing things like this, when they've done nothing but kick our tail for such a long time? Stick with the fugly coeds if you want, but if you don't want to look like a moron, hold off on bball related stuff at least until we beat them. I could care less if they have no one on their roster who was ranked if they beat us.

Ya get 13 scholarships. No one plays 13 guys. Why not take a developmental guy? Especially a high IQ sharp shooter.
Why waste 5 years on that type of player? He’s not even on the Sasha/Cline level at the same point in their careers. You basically lost a commitment from a top 100 22’ guard and replaced him with an unranked guy who’s ceiling is probably a Big Ten backup.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I just wonder if you guys who look for reasons to bag on PU realize how stupid you look citing things like this, when they've done nothing but kick our tail for such a long time? Stick with the fugly coeds if you want, but if you don't want to look like a moron, hold off on bball related stuff at least until we beat them. I could care less if they have no one on their roster who was ranked if they beat us.
There is zero chance you aren’t a Purdue fan. There is never a bad time to shit on Purdue. If you don’t want to look like a moron, stop white knighting for Purdue.

Reactions: rocketo
Why waste 5 years on that type of player? He’s not even on the Sasha/Cline level at the same point in their careers. You basically lost a commitment from a top 100 22’ guard and replaced him with an unranked guy who’s ceiling is probably a Big Ten backup.
Purdue lost a guard when Shrewsberry left yes, but they will replace him with some equally talented guys.

Tell me how Waddell isn't on the same level as Ryne Smith, Ryan Cline, Dakota Mathias, Sasha level though?

Purdue lost a guard when Shrewsberry left yes, but they will replace him with some equally talented guys.

Tell me how Waddell isn't on the same level as Ryne Smith, Ryan Cline, Dakota Mathias, Sasha level though?
Will they replace him with someone equally talented? You have 7 guards on the roster right now. You lose Sasha and Hunter and already have Loyer committed for 22’. That’s already 6 guards. What decent guard would commit to a school with that situation?

Waddell had the least amount of individual success of the 4 players you mentioned and is also by far the lowest ranked. He isn’t near the outside shooter those 4 were in high school either.

And why shouldn’t they? Those are fantastic recruits. Both of those guys should be all-conference level contributors.
And they followed that up with Waddell and Loyer. Every 5 years or so Purdue lands a top 50 player and think they have turned a corner in recruiting. Then they head back to their sweet spot in the 100-400 range.

Will they replace him with someone equally talented? You have 7 guards on the roster right now. You lose Sasha and Hunter and already have Loyer committed for 22’. That’s already 6 guards. What decent guard would commit to a school with that situation?

Waddell had the least amount of individual success of the 4 players you mentioned and is also by far the lowest ranked. He isn’t near the outside shooter those 4 were in high school either.
Why would a decent to good player be scared of going to Purdue? I don't want someone scared of competition. I'd also guess Ivy is gone after this next year. Hope not. Mock draft had him 14th though.

Painter landed one good assistant. One more really good one on the way. Purdue will be fine.

I think Waddell is a good four year player. He passed the eye test for me..
I figure, why not take on a project. It's not like you can play all 13 guys and you have the space. He really came on strong senior year. Doesn't take a scholarship away from next year, as you can still take 4.

Curious to see what Bates looks like for you guys. Purdue reached out, but I think that's about it. Seems like a solid get.

He could be but def not on Bates level or even Gunn in my opinion.

Why would a decent to good player be scared of going to Purdue? I don't want someone scared of competition. I'd also guess Ivy is gone after this next year. Hope not. Mock draft had him 14th though.

Painter landed one good assistant. One more really good one on the way. Purdue will be fine.
Those types of players don’t usually consider Purdue even when they have a path to be a clear starter.

What mock draft has Ivey* as a lottery pick? That’s laughable lol.

Lusk and Johnson would be decent assistants, but they definitely aren’t as good as Shrewsberry and Lutz.

I figure, why not take on a project. It's not like you can play all 13 guys and you have the space. He really came on strong senior year. Doesn't take a scholarship away from next year, as you can still take 4.

Curious to see what Bates looks like for you guys. Purdue reached out, but I think that's about it. Seems like a solid get.
How does it not take a scholarship away from next year?

And they followed that up with Waddell and Loyer. Every 5 years or so Purdue lands a top 50 player and think they have turned a corner in recruiting. Then they head back to their sweet spot in the 100-400 range.

Why are we even talking about Purdue recruiting here? Purdue has a board, and they talk Purdue recruiting quite a bit over there...as they should.

Why are we even talking about Purdue recruiting here? Purdue has a board, and they talk Purdue recruiting quite a bit over there...as they should.
I'll gladly take it over there. Just get trojanfan to give me his ID on knucklehead central and I can hear why he thinks Waddell is really bad at basketball.

There's only 1 stat I care about related to PU, and it isn't recruit rankings. They're what, 9-0 over the last 4 years, with mostly lower rated recruits? I don't think they're worried about rankings either.
Yeah, our ass sure seems to be kicking the hell out of their boots. Would be nice to beat them someday. Still sucks that Woody’s last IU game was a loss to them. Let‘s hope he’s the guy to reverse the current tide.

Last edited:
There is zero chance you aren’t a Purdue fan. There is never a bad time to shit on Purdue. If you don’t want to look like a moron, stop white knighting for Purdue.
Except you're not shitting on them... that's what they've been doing to us. Berating them is like the annoying kid who keeps chirping after he got his butt kicked. But, keep chirping....

And, I'm an IU grad and have been a fan back to 1975.

I actually agree with you. Waddell has a chance to be a pretty good player for you guys. I was impressed with him during the 4A title game.

Reactions: BoilerN
I've seen both players play on several occasions. They both have the chance to be very good four year players. I actually would be surprised if either ends up contributing nothing to their program. Both are very good shooters and heady players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT