ADVERTISEMENT

Taiwan hits 200th day without a new Covid case

What’s happening there and throughout Europe is tragic and criminal
Damn I'm hoping to buy a beach condo in Spain once I retire based on advice from a Sweish friend. I'd like to move there because living in US kind of sux with all criminal Democrats and Republican continually running this country into the ground with their theater of hate they put on their crony media networks.

Thanks for the advice but when the time comes I think I'll still go check out Spain. Peru and Uruguay are on my list too. Any good advice I can ignore about how tragic life in those countries might be or how criminal it may be there.

Damn I'm hoping to buy a beach condo in Spain once I retire based on advice from a Sweish friend. I'd like to move there because living in US kind of sux with all criminal Democrats and Republican continually running this country into the ground with their theater of hate they put on their crony media networks.

Thanks for the advice but when the time comes I think I'll still go check out Spain. Peru and Uruguay are on my list too. Any good advice I can ignore about how tragic life in those countries might be or how criminal it may be there.
B bye

What’s happening there and throughout Europe is tragic and criminal

Sweden did not have a lockdown
Or hospitals making millions and millions dollars over positive tests

Wow not only are these "horrible people" (to quote Trump) lying about how many people actually get Covid. But they are clearly lying about all of the healthcare workers who died from it as well... This is from August...

"While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been publishing the number of COVID-19 deaths in health care workers, their number has been much lower than what independent trackers have found. The CDC estimates that 632 health care employees have died from coronavirus, but others believe that number is much greater. Dr. Claire Rezba, an anesthesiologist based in Richmond, Virginia who memorializes COVID-19 deaths in health care workers, has found 1,000 such deaths since she started tracking them at the beginning of the pandemic — when few others were. Last week, Kaiser Health News and The Guardian released data that indicated that 922 health care workers have died from COVID-19."

Sweden did not have a lockdown

Wow not only are these "horrible people" (to quote Trump) lying about how many people actually get Covid. But they are clearly lying about all of the healthcare workers who died from it as well... This is from August...

"While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been publishing the number of COVID-19 deaths in health care workers, their number has been much lower than what independent trackers have found. The CDC estimates that 632 health care employees have died from coronavirus, but others believe that number is much greater. Dr. Claire Rezba, an anesthesiologist based in Richmond, Virginia who memorializes COVID-19 deaths in health care workers, has found 1,000 such deaths since she started tracking them at the beginning of the pandemic — when few others were. Last week, Kaiser Health News and The Guardian released data that indicated that 922 health care workers have died from COVID-19."

Its always interesting the comments some folks make here -- it's 'almost' like they listened to Trump The Covid Scientist and repeated the same messages here. 🙄

Its always interesting the comments some folks make here -- it's almost like they listened to Trump and repeated the same messages here. 🙄
Lmao pot kettle. Just flip the coin. There’s a thousand Covid cases/death posts for every health casualty related to lockdowns from a dearth of preventive care to poverty and on and on. Check out the impact of lockdowns on cancer clinical etc. it’s always interesting the comments some folks make here - it’s almost like they listen to cuomo and repeat the same messages here

Lmao pot kettle. Just flip the coin. There’s a thousand Covid cases/death posts for every health casualty related to lockdowns from a dearth of preventive care to poverty and on and on. Check out the impact of lockdowns on cancer clinical etc. it’s always interesting the comments some folks make here - it’s almost like they listen to cuomo and repeat the same messages here

Dude -- I have been in this pandemic longer than anyone here. I am also the only one who has gone through a lockdown with instilled social distancing measures, mandated measures and proper critical measures in the back-end ie the hospital infrastructure protected.

And also the only one who can safely say that we had ZERO cases the past two days. I know what works. We implemented the same measures the CDC had advised and then some including protection of the healthcare infrastructure and the folks there.

You can bitch & complain about things but you aren't providing any suggestions other than saying '' the kids'' or 'its federalism' or 'no lockdowns'.
When did the country become one full of excuse-making and gripes?

You come from the Show-Me state -- show some balls and make things work (like pressure your useless Governor into mandating masks) instead of the fatalism that you seem to exhibit all the time.

Reactions: iuwclurker
Dude -- I have been in this pandemic longer than anyone here. I am also the only one who has gone through a lockdown with instilled social distancing measures, mandated measures and proper critical measures in the back-end ie the hospital infrastructure protected.

And also the only one who can safely say that we had ZERO cases the past two days. I know what works. We implemented the same measures the CDC had advised and then some including protection of the healthcare infrastructure and the folks there.

You can bitch & complain about things but you aren't providing any suggestions other than saying '' the kids'' or 'its federalism' or 'no lockdowns'.
When did the country become one full of excuse-making and gripes?

You come from the Show-Me state -- show some balls and make things work (like pressure your useless Governor into mandating masks) instead of the fatalism that you seem to exhibit all the time.
1. your country is an absolutely useless comparison to the united states for an encyclopedia of reasons.
2. the largest cities in my state are under mandatory mask orders and have been for some time.
3. i gave my solution. it's time to start isolating vulnerable people. expand fmla. etc. learn to live with it because lockdowns have their own significant health and economic costs. i like the great barrington report or whatever it's called. Trump’s useless. How about Congress? Have their offered any ideas? Anything? We have 500 plus pulling in 75 plus million dollars

Last edited:
1. your country is an absolutely useless comparison to the united states for an encyclopedia of reasons.
2. the largest cities in my state are under mandatory mask orders and have been for some time.
3. i gave my solution. it's time to start isolating vulnerable people. expand fmla. etc. learn to live with it because lockdowns have their own significant health and economic costs. i like the great barrington report or whatever it's called

Clearly, you have never done strategic planning before. There are always comparisons that can be done. You can make comparisons from one industry to another, different business models or even sectors. I do disruptive technologies -- so there arent usually any pathways set already. So when I have to pitch to a panel of investors, you need to make logical comparisons even though there has been no precedence.

So are you telling me that running a smaller law firm so in comparison to running a larger law firm?

Managing a smallish university or Juco Is impossible to manage one the size of IU or Harvard, a private university? So someone who only ran a small university cant manage a larger one?

How you drive a car on the left hand versus the right is so different? (I do both and FYI it's not -- a 5 mins readjustment for me.)

What you find is that there is that 80/20 rule in play again.

Its like people -- most people across the world are very very similar -- only minor things like language and religion makes them different. But most people all want the same things. This is my lesson from having lived in three continents.

But if you focus on the 20% and only look for the differences then the task always looks much more difficult or different. The reality like in business -- the objectives are the same -- there to make a buck.

Or in this case, the key is to manage the pandemic --- the measures to it are exactly the same as in Europe, Asia etc. Choke the oxygen out of the room to limit the virus from spreading further -- or at least to buy time till the vaccine comes out.

The difference here is the inability to execute.

If you can send a man to the moon, something that had never been done before, surely executing something ie pandemic management strategy that was already pre-planned cant be more difficult.

Clearly, you have never done strategic planning before. There are always comparisons that can be done. You can make comparisons from one industry to another, different business models or even sectors. I do disruptive technologies -- so there arent usually any pathways set already. So when I have to pitch to a panel of investors, you need to make logical comparisons even though there has been no precedence.

So are you telling me that running a smaller law firm so in comparison to running a larger law firm?

Managing a smallish university or Juco Is impossible to manage one the size of IU or Harvard, a private university?

How you drive a car on the left hand versus the right is so different? (I do both and FYI it's not -- a 5 mins readjustment for me.)

What you find is that there is that 80/20 rule in play again.

Its like people -- most people across the world are very very similar -- only minor things like language and religion makes them different. But most people all want the same things. This is my lesson from having lived in three continents.

But if you focus on the 20% and only look for the differences then the task always looks much more difficult or different. The reality like in business -- the objectives are the same -- there to make a buck.

Or in this case, the key is to manage the pandemic --- the measures to it are exactly the same as in Europe, Asia etc. Choke the oxygen out of the room to limit the virus from spreading further -- or at least to buy time till the vaccine comes out.

The difference here is the inability to execute.

If you can send a man to the moon, something that had never been done before, surely executing something ie pandemic management strategy that was already pre-planned cant be more difficult.
The variables between the countries are too great imo. You could ostensibly compare a state but not our country and the vagaries that make it tantamount to Singapore as compared to twenty different countries: California is that different to Mississippi etc

Reactions: 76-1
The variables between the countries are too great imo. You could ostensibly compare a state but not our country and the vagaries that make it tantamount to Singapore as compared to twenty different countries: California is that different to Mississippi etc

Its not. You are looking for difference rather than similarity and working on that first.

If we go by your way, then its pointless having any comparisons between the 50 states within the US or between countries around the world.

That's a very pinhole view.

Every country or state has its difficulties -- Singapore, the population size of Indiana but all living within the confines of Indianapolis. Its like NYC.
Do you know how easy it was for Covid to spread in NYC? They all live in close quarters, just like here. So Singapore is very similar to NYC. Different parts of the world but similar conditions.

Everyone has their hurdles, just different.

Its the same virus what you are getting in the States as I have here.

The Mid-West states had two HUGE advantages:
1) Early warnings -- from the two coasts.
2) It has a lower population density which lowers the chances for spreading.

Yet they did little and as I had predicted back in March, it would trickle down into the rural areas but with more devastating effects -- poor healthcare infrastructure.

Its not. You are looking for difference rather than similarity and working on that first.

If we go by your way, then its pointless having any comparisons between the 50 states within the US or between countries around the world.

That's a very pinhole view.

Every country or state has its difficulties -- Singapore, the population size of Indiana but all living within the confines of Indianapolis. Its like NYC.
Do you know how easy it was for Covid to spread in NYC? They all live in close quarters, just like here. So Singapore is very similar to NYC. Different parts of the world but similar conditions.

Everyone has their hurdles, just different.

Its the same virus what you are getting in the States as I have here.

The Mid-West states had two HUGE advantages:
1) Early warnings -- from the two coasts.
2) It has a lower population density which lowers the chances for spreading.

Yet they did little and as I had predicted back in March, it would trickle down into the rural areas but with more devastating effects -- poor healthcare infrastructure.
You are measuring a droplet in an ocean of variables. You spit in public you are in deep shit where you live. I could piss on the corner and get a $50 fine. Again the variables, culture, geography, politics, gov, etc make it a useless comparison other than the controlled best practices of whether masks and things like that work. Off to celebrate Halloween. Have fun. Cheers

You are measuring a droplet in an ocean of variables. You spit in public you are in deep shit where you live. I could piss on the corner and get a $50 fine. Again the variables, culture, geography, politics, gov, etc make it a useless comparison other than the controlled best practices of whether masks and things like that work. Off to celebrate Halloween. Have fun. Cheers

Stay safe! Not like these idiots in the UK:

35092778-8901451-image-m-112_1604187790598.jpg

35091368-8901451-image-a-19_1604186700298.jpg

35092814-8901451-image-a-114_1604187812230.jpg

35091602-8901451-image-a-26_1604186734251.jpg

The key difference between Taiwan and the US is proactivity. All honest posters concede that Trump screwed the pooch in two ways—missing our chance to isolate the virus with contact tracing and failing to get buy-in with the citizenry to abide by scientific protocol.

Now the US is in a quasi-futile position of dealing with an extremely infectious virus that has spread everywhere and will continue to spread because vast numbers of people don’t care if they spread it.

So now the question is, how forward?

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT