ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse U suspends chem prof for syllabus that refers to the “Wuhan Flu”

How bout just calling the virus by its correct name? What's so hard about that?

The guy was teaching inorganic chemistry, not world politics, so he is one of these

1) a troll
2) a race-baiting bigot
3) someone with an odd sense of humor, who wasn't being serious

Hard to tell, without knowing his history, whether he deserves some slack (1 or 3, tell him to cut it out), or not (2, tell him to hit the road).

I don't think there is a one size fits all rule
Could he be making a political statement?

Yes, we get it. Tell us more about academic freedom generally. And how it's a good thing that college humanities professors overwhelmingly leftist.

Leaving aside their right to take this action, do you think it was appropriate?

leftist? Lol. Still struggling with the definition of that word, huh?

He looks like you'd expect him to look like. Middle aged to older white guy.

Jon-Zubieta72.ec821b42.fill-400x400.jpg

Hmmmm.....a little racial profiling going on?

“I’ll have the number 3 combo meal with a large side of racism.”

The amount of "hatred", deserved or not, by the democrats, toward Trump in unmatched. Just look at this forum for evidence

damn Jim. What a great gaslight. I mean, that’s CLASSIC gaslighting right there.

You do realize that the man is devoid of any good/decent qualities, don’t you? Do you also know that his policies have not only hurt all of us, but they’ve also killed a great deal of us as well? Unnecessarily, I’ll add.

Don’t forget that he literally doesn’t know the truth from a lie, and delights in trying to destroy just about every one of the foundations of this great country.

In short, the guy deserves every bit of “hatred” he receives on this board. And elsewhere. Wait until he’s out of office- when he no longer had the power to devastate people, we’ll learned even more about him. And it will all be 100% true.

It’s like blaming someone for calling a person that habitually (and deliberately) sets fires to everything an “arsonist”. The guy IS everything he’s been purported to be.

I wouldn’t call pointing that out as “hatred”. I’d call it trying to not normalize obscene/destructive behavior.

I would MUCH rather discuss policy/theory. I remember when the board actually was able to constructively discuss policy, vs trying to keep up with someone hell bent on destruction. On purpose, I’ll add

The way you phrased that tells me a lot about you. Unfortunately.

It’s as if he has a pass on just about everything he does, because he has an “R” next to his name. That’s the ONLY logical explanation for how someone could label what this board has become as “anger towards Trump”.

It’s that type of thinking that allows him to continue to do the things he does.

Quite frankly, your reaction baffles me more than his behavior. I’ll never be able to wrap my head around how something a reaction to what he does= anger.

*** if you feel as if the reaction is justified, then forgive me. Given some of your past comments, I just can’t see your comment as anything other than an outstanding attempt at gaslighting.***

Reactions: Circlejoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT