ADVERTISEMENT

Suspension was Overkill

"Go F*ck Yourself"? That's a bit harsh commenting on another's opinion.

The point is that you have NO IDEA of what happened or what led up to the suspensions so you are forming your opinion on NO facts.
Maybe CMW had warned these players about previous situations.
Maybe he said if there was any more issues suspensions would be handed out.
I fully TRUST and support CMW, one of our own. He determined that suspensions were warranted - period - enough said.

The point is that you have NO IDEA of what happened or what led up to the suspensions so you are forming your opinion on NO facts.
Maybe CMW had warned these players about previous situations.
Maybe he said if there was any more issues suspensions would be handed out.
I fully TRUST and support CMW, one of our own. He determined that suspensions were warranted - period - enough said.
They betrayed CMW. Bottom line. Nuff said. ….without discussion.

RMK pulled some stunts fans didn't like and I get it, different era
I wonder how the parents of the suspended 5 feel, what their thoughts are

They can ask their kids what the hell happened, maybe they support what cmw did, that would say alot

If this was a curfew violation.
5 players including 3 of our oldest players broke the trust of CMW. He needs control of the team. If 5 players can get away with breaking the rules this time, other players now and in the future will start testing the limits.

As any parent knows, there is a bigger picture and nipping bad behavior early will pay dividends later.

Have any parents complained on social media about it? Just wondering.
no. Gunns mom said this is why she is comfortable sending her son to IU next year, will be held accountable. Some PU fan tweeted at Tamar’s mom “still proud?” Jazzy didn’t hesitate and fired back she was as proud as ever. Parents like coach, this incident was a message, guys didn’t do anything that bad. Runs a tight ship. Watch the play today, that will tell you where the team is at. Bet they play like their life depends on it today.

I would bet dollars to donuts that it wasn’t just a curfew violation. It was either multiple violations or more to the story than coming in late.
Probably a curfew violation following a series of earlier violations. Just a guess but makes sense

Reactions: Lucy01
It was a long game decision. Apparently no weed and not all 5 were together so hence the slight difference in punishment.

no. Gunns mom said this is why she is comfortable sending her son to IU next year, will be held accountable. Some PU fan tweeted at Tamar’s mom “still proud?” Jazzy didn’t hesitate and fired back she was as proud as ever. Parents like coach, this incident was a message, guys didn’t do anything that bad. Runs a tight ship. Watch the play today, that will tell you where the team is at. Bet they play like their life depends on it today.
…..or maybe not.
Agree with the suspension. The effect it had today? Not much. However, they got beat by a much superior collection of players.
Stewart, Kopp, Durr, Leal. These are guys I would expect to see at some place like ISU or Western Kentucky. You cannot win Big Ten games on a regular basis with that kind of talent. It’s not sustainable.

…..or maybe not.
Agree with the suspension. The effect it had today? Not much. However, they got beat by a much superior collection of players.
Stewart, Kopp, Durr, Leal. These are guys I would expect to see at some place like ISU or Western Kentucky. You cannot win Big Ten games on a regular basis with that kind of talent. It’s not sustainable.
We were not ever going to win today but should have won at northwestern. We have enough talent for that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT