ADVERTISEMENT

Super early thoughts on the roster.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
The more I think about it the more I like the freshmen (Lander Galloway) being the primary PG's/ball handlers on this team. I have never felt comfortable with Al or Rob in that role. In the first game they both showed the same sort of play and sloppiness, reaffirming my thoughts on how they cannot run the offense. The only time I dont mind Al handling the ball is when he is on a dead on sprint to the rim. He actually is very good at finishing or drawing the foul when he is at full speed going down hill. When there is any pause in transition or in the half court I think both Al and Rob should not be the primary ball handler.

Obviously need to see a shitload more from Lander and Trey but in their brief stent they both looked like very good ball handlers and above average decision makers. They play fast and in control, something we haven't seen since Yogi.

If I had to bet, and god knows I love to bet, I would say our best lineup will have Trey and Lander in the backcourt.

Reactions: Lucy01
Entirely possible, however I have always felt Rob is capable at the one. There was so much noise with Green etc that we saw little in terms of consistency or focus.

As you witnessed,IU can ill afford for front line to get in foul trouble. Race has to watch fouling as long as Brunk is sidelined. TJD can get 1-2 quick fouls sometimes also. Almost similar to when Morgan had to go out for extended periods. It will hurt them. Gotta close that dribble drive by opponents down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT