ADVERTISEMENT

"Suit up for battle" to save the statues...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
If anyone doubts the polls and the real fear in Team Trump Laura Ingraham dispelled that notion last night when she opened her show with a call to battle. She told her followers it was time to "suit up" for what she termed a "do or die battle"...

“A lot of very clever people who’ve gone to a lot of fancy schools will someday be very sorry that when the time came for them to speak for America, they were nowhere to be found,” she fumed. “Because we’re going to beat the left either now or in the near future.”

“And someday, the riots will stop,” Ingraham continued. “Someday, law and order will really be restored. And someday, American heroes will be celebrated again. And when that happens, we’ll remember those who deserted their colors when times got tough. We know who they are and they know who they are. And we will never forget them.”

Later in the program, she directly addressed her viewers and pressed them to join the metaphorical war and help President Donald Trump get re-elected.

“The past month demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Democrats have become the party of chaos, lawlessness, and disorder,” she huffed. “Now, they not only want to defeat President Trump, that is obvious, they want to change the country in ways that would be extremely dangerous".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/laura-ingraham-tells-viewers-suit-035431930.html

So exactly how many AMERICAN Heroes are being threatened? There are a few outliers that protestors have targeted but for the most part, we are talking about people who Rebelled against the US (and lost to boot), so I'm not sure it's really appropriate to refer to these collective losers as "American heroes"...

Now had Laura started her show urging her followers to "suit up and defeat the real enemy that all of us face" (THE VIRUS) we could be having a different conversation. Instead of articulating the need to fight against a virus that will kill probably close to 200,000 of us by election day, she basically sounded the alarm and urged her followers to fight to save "statues and memorials" which in large part are dedicated to the memory of men who were by and large responsible for a war that killed close to 800,000 soldiers. And well over half of the victims were actually loyal US citizens...

I mean is Fox even reporting on the resurgence of the VIRUS, or are they totally pre-occupied with stories on "Obamagate" and "the mistreatment of Flynn"? Destined to take its place in Fox annals alongside such heroic struggles as The Battle of Bowling Green and the War against Christmas, the Crusade to Save the Statues is likely to become the latest Rallying cry for the (Not so) Silent (Not anywhere close to) Majority...Meanwhile, the true ENEMY (COVID 19) is killing Americans daily while Trump plays golf and tweets...

Last edited:
If anyone doubts the polls and the real fear in Team Trump Laura Ingraham dispelled that notion last night when she opened her show with a call to battle. She told her followers it was time to "suit up" for what she termed a "do or die battle"...

“A lot of very clever people who’ve gone to a lot of fancy schools will someday be very sorry that when the time came for them to speak for America, they were nowhere to be found,” she fumed. “Because we’re going to beat the left either now or in the near future.”

“And someday, the riots will stop,” Ingraham continued. “Someday, law and order will really be restored. And someday, American heroes will be celebrated again. And when that happens, we’ll remember those who deserted their colors when times got tough. We know who they are and they know who they are. And we will never forget them.”

Later in the program, she directly addressed her viewers and pressed them to join the metaphorical war and help President Donald Trump get re-elected.

“The past month demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Democrats have become the party of chaos, lawlessness, and disorder,” she huffed. “Now, they not only want to defeat President Trump, that is obvious, they want to change the country in ways that would be extremely dangerous".

So exactly how many AMERICAN Heroes are being threatened? There are a few outliers that protestors have targeted but for the most part, we are talking about people who Rebelled against the US (and lost to boot), so I'm not sure it's really appropriate to refer to these collective losers as "American heroes"...

Now had Laura started her show urging her followers to "suit up and defeat the real enemy that all of us face" (THE VIRUS) we could be having a different conversation. Instead of articulating the need to fight against a virus that will kill probably close to 200,000 of us by election day, she basically sounded the alarm and urged her followers to fight to save "statues and memorials" which in large part are dedicated to the memory of men who were by and large responsible for a war that killed close to 800,000 soldiers. And well over half of the victims were actually loyal US citizens...

I mean is Fox even reporting on the resurgence of the VIRUS, or are they totally pre-occupied with stories on "Obamagate" and "the mistreatment of Flynn"? Destined to take its place in Fox annals alongside such heroic struggles as The Battle of Bowling Green and the War against Christmas, the Crusade to Save the Statues is likely to become the latest Rallying cry for the (Not so) Silent (Not anywhere close to) Majority...Meanwhile, the true ENEMY (COVID 19) is killing Americans daily while Trump plays golf and tweets...

It seems as if Trump, Fox News and hard core Republicans are more concerned about saving statues of rebel dead soldiers than current, American soldiers.

Did anyone at Fox even bring up bounty gate today...well before they got their marching orders?

It seems as if Trump, Fox News and hard core Republicans are more concerned about saving statues of rebel dead soldiers than current, American soldiers.

Did anyone at Fox even bring up bounty gate today...well before they got their marching orders?
It's distraction. They want focus on lawn ornaments instead of covid tombstones and dead soldiers. Plus it gives his base a maga-boner.

I find it amusing that when republicans are called racists they immediately cloak themselves in the shadow of Abraham Lincoln to prove otherwise. Republicans love them some Abraham Lincoln when they are trying to show they’re not-racist. However, republicans also love them some statues celebrating racist traitors who started a war against Lincoln.

I’ll see your suit up for battle and play the guillotine in front of Bezos’ house.

There are morons on all sides. Why are you so easily affected by one-sided propaganda?

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/protesters-set-up-guillotine-outside-of-jeff-bezos-dc-home

I find it amusing that when republicans are called racists they immediately cloak themselves in the shadow of Abraham Lincoln to prove otherwise. Republicans love them some Abraham Lincoln when they are trying to show they’re not-racist. However, republicans also love them some statues celebrating racist traitors who started a war against Lincoln.

And very few of them understand that the Republican party of today formed in the 60's as Southern democrats were not happy with the social rights movement and joined the republican party....basically shaping it into the close minded, states rights, racist, mysoginistic, conservative Christian right party that it is today.

Goldwater started the switch, Reagan confirmed it and since then the Bush's and the Trump's have been playing to it.

To answer the question, yes republicans used to be for the union and the progressive party and democrats leaned for states rights and were fiscally conservative.

I don’t anyone REALLY cares about the statues. But rewriting history to placate the whimsies of the day... dangerous. We can celebrate and support BLM without destroying the history of very flawed but very important people. I moved from Indiana at the age of 26 and have now lived in GA for 20 years. I never understood the infatuation with the confederacy, but when you actually talk to real people and not just lump them as redneck hillbillies, you’d understand that even though it was a losing side and the fight from the southern side was for egregious reasons, it was still THEIR Ancestors that fought and they’re proud of them. Important historical figures, like ALL humans, (even you liberal progressives) are all flawed but that doesn’t take away their positive accomplishments. Clemson can distance themselves as much as they want from J Calhoun, but the university doesn’t exist without him.

With all the problems people of color must face, making a big deal about statues of people who are no longer relevant seems like a waste of effort in my book.

On top of that, it makes enemies of folks who feel it is an attack on their heritage. Folks who actually might be supportive of human rights and weren't raised in the days of segregation.

Having said that, I realize segregation still exists in terms of economics and opportunity. This should be a focus and not tearing down irrelevant statues.

Last edited:
I don’t anyone REALLY cares about the statues. But rewriting history to placate the whimsies of the day... dangerous. We can celebrate and support BLM without destroying the history of very flawed but very important people. I moved from Indiana at the age of 26 and have now lived in GA for 20 years. I never understood the infatuation with the confederacy, but when you actually talk to real people and not just lump them as redneck hillbillies, you’d understand that even though it was a losing side and the fight from the southern side was for egregious reasons, it was still THEIR Ancestors that fought and they’re proud of them. Important historical figures, like ALL humans, (even you liberal progressives) are all flawed but that doesn’t take away their positive accomplishments. Clemson can distance themselves as much as they want from J Calhoun, but the university doesn’t exist without him.

I hear you but my questions are why are the ancestors of the confederacy so proud?

Many believe it's because the 'daughters of the confederacy' at the turn of the century realized that the remnants of the Civil War were dying off and they wanted to glorify that history.

So they erected a boatload of monuments and actually changed school history books to paint the confederacy as an honorable 'Lost Cause'.

It worked.

Supposedly at the time the confederacy were seen as a simple rebellion that failed. After the turn of the century with the propaganda of the UDC, the confederacy became this honorable fighting American spirit.

Two, no one is saying to erase history. That's what museums, libraries and textbooks are for. The question is should we stop glorifying them, especially when their main beef was the right to own current US citizens like a barnyard animal (while feeling suppressed by the northern states whose economies were starting to skyrocket without slaves from the early industrial revolution).

No one is erasing history. That’s the dumbest argument I hear from people. We’re taking down the participation trophies that glorify racist traitors. We have things called books and museums that handle keeping history alive. You can also watch documentaries. I highly recommend the Ken Burns series on the civil war since we suddenly have so many history buffs in this country.

Good points, and I think Tommy did a good job of responding, so I'll not jump in.
That being said, since I have lived my whole life in the north (Indiana), I'm always amused by people flying the flag up here. What is the purpose? I doubt it is ancestral pride.

Reactions: cosmickid
No one is erasing history. That’s the dumbest argument I hear from people. We’re taking down the participation trophies that glorify racist traitors. We have things called books and museums that handle keeping history alive. You can also watch documentaries. I highly recommend the Ken Burns series on the civil war since we suddenly have so many history buffs in this country.
Not overly concerned about the “participation trophies”.... it’s more where does it end? I actually was a history buff before the last month! ALL of our public figures are flawed in some way (except maybe Mother Theresa). MLK is revered by almost all, but it’s well known he was a womanizer. So should his efforts be erased? And the students in Madison want to topple Lincoln? Hahahaha. That is moronic behavior based on picking and choosing a couple parts of his legacy they don’t like. I don’t care for the fact that was RMK was a classic bully long into his retirement so I would like to lead a protest to erase him from the IU campus. Pure ridiculousness.

Not overly concerned about the “participation trophies”.... it’s more where does it end? I actually was a history buff before the last month! ALL of our public figures are flawed in some way (except maybe Mother Theresa). MLK is revered by almost all, but it’s well known he was a womanizer. So should his efforts be erased? And the students in Madison want to topple Lincoln? Hahahaha. That is moronic behavior based on picking and choosing a couple parts of his legacy they don’t like. I don’t care for the fact that was RMK was a classic bully long into his retirement so I would like to lead a protest to erase him from the IU campus. Pure ridiculousness.
That’s about as ridiculous as having 5 threads locked on premium hoops board!

We whose ancestors were in the North have some real patriotic heroes we could be celebrating but by and large we don’t. We all have heroes who fought in WWs I and II and there are a few statues here and there but in the South the big statues and monuments are for traitors and some people get really worked up about them.

I try to make sense of it all and the only way I can do that is to assume these traitor-huggers yearn for the Jim Crow era when these were erected. And that is some Sick Stuff!

Reactions: cosmickid

Were MLK’s statues put up because he was a womanizer? Or were they put up because he fought for equal rights?

I’m all for the confederate participation trophies coming down. I think it would be fitting if all the confederate statues were melted down and used to make new statues of Harriet Tubman and Rosa Parks.

I’m not focused on the extreme idiots bitching about Lincoln statues. I’m sure if I look hard enough I can find someone who is offended by bunny rabbits and blue skies. It doesn’t mean I’ll take them seriously or listen to them for even a half second. They aren’t even worth laughing at.

I'm no fan of statues/monuments to people in general specifically because of what you say...the people they laud are human and flawed and the creation forged in bronze or molded in concrete never acknowledges that.

That said...no one erected statues to MLK BECAUSE he was a womanizer. He was lionized for his incredible work in protesting racial injustice and his womanizing was a flaw. Confederate statues were erected BECAUSE those being lionized fought a war against this country in support of racial injustice. Statues were built to them BECAUSE they supported slavery, BECAUSE they committed treason against this nation, BECAUSE they killed American soldiers.

Despite my lack of enthusiasm for statues, I agree that there are some who unnecessarily want to go too far. But by refusing to be part of the conversation about the obvious ones and acknowledging them, people lack the credibility to talk about what's going too far.

I'm no fan of statues/monuments to people in general specifically because of what you say...the people they laud are human and flawed and the creation forged in bronze or molded in concrete never acknowledges that.

That said...no one erected statues to MLK BECAUSE he was a womanizer. He was lionized for his incredible work in protesting racial injustice and his womanizing was a flaw. Confederate statues were erected BECAUSE those being lionized fought a war against this country in support of racial injustice. Statues were built to them BECAUSE they supported slavery, BECAUSE they committed treason against this nation, BECAUSE they killed American soldiers.

Despite my lack of enthusiasm for statues, I agree that there are some who unnecessarily want to go too far. But by refusing to be part of the conversation about the obvious ones and acknowledging them, people lack the credibility to talk about what's going too far.
Well said. Unfortunately protestors become mobs and mobs don’t discriminate...

Reactions: hoosboot
Well said. Unfortunately protestors become mobs and mobs don’t discriminate...

Sometimes. But, there have been abundant protests that didn't turn into violent mobs. The job at hand is to facilitate protests, engender conversation, grow understanding, develop consensus, and separate mob behavior from protests. We haven't done a great job of distinguishing between the two things, but it's very doable and very important.

Were MLK’s statues put up because he was a womanizer? Or were they put up because he fought for equal rights?

I’m all for the confederate participation trophies coming down. I think it would be fitting if all the confederate statues were melted down and used to make new statues of Harriet Tubman and Rosa Parks.

I’m not focused on the extreme idiots bitching about Lincoln statues. I’m sure if I look hard enough I can find someone who is offended by bunny rabbits and blue skies. It doesn’t mean I’ll take them seriously or listen to them for even a half second. They aren’t even worth laughing at.
Granted, the New York Times IS extreme.

Reactions: travlinhoosier

And no one ever put up statues of George Washington or Thomas Jefferson because they were slaveholders.

Lol. Well, that was quick.

You went from “I don’t care about extremists bitching about those statues” to “well, it’s true, isn’t it?” in less than 24 hours.

I was doing my Trumpster impersonation.

Anyways, how is asking whether or not any of that is true the same as agreeing Rushmore should be blown up?

Take your time.

But they were white and therefore must have been evil and should be purged from the history books forever

And here I thought we were having a serious conversation about the issue. If I'd known it was just silly bomb-throwing you were interested in, I'd have steered clear.

MSNBC doesn't have a monopoly on feeding tainted propaganda to their assembled fans. FOX is just as bad.

Do you believe that people who have committed sexual assault or are suspected of murder should have monuments or buildings named after them?

And here I thought we were having a serious conversation about the issue. If I'd known it was just silly bomb-throwing you were interested in, I'd have steered clear.
You’re kidding, right? I’m just throwing out what I see on about 90% of the news feeds. In full disclosure I hate conservative sites also. There is no such thing as “news” anymore. The fact of the matter is that according to current thought Jefferson’s sins are now worse because he was white. Slavery was awful. Agreed. A LOT of races throughout history have been wrongly subjugated for that reason alone. I’m just saying you can’t ignore the good that a man like Jefferson did for our country. He was a product of his time.

Do you believe that people who have committed sexual assault or are suspected of murder should have monuments or buildings named after them?
But the Clintons are liberal politicians. Immune to all sins. Cmon man get with the times!!

ADVERTISEMENT