ADVERTISEMENT

STUPID NEWSCASTER COMMENTS

Crossblock

Senior
Jan 8, 2019
I think I just witnessed one of the Stupidest Newscaster Comments of all time - and this one came from a female brunette, not a bleach blonde.

6:00 Newscast on one of our local stations. As she finishes the first half of the newscast and they transition to the weather, they show the obligatory shot from their high aerial downtown camera showing a shot of clear weather and sparsely populated roadways in and out of downtown. She then says something like, "It looks like clear sailing for the people Who left their Offices at 5:00 or now and are headed home."

HUH? You mean the 80% of us who are under a Shelter at Home Order and those of us who are lucky enough to work from home and draw a pay check? Are you kidding Me?
Especially after you spent the first half of the newscast running COVID-19 related stories and their effect on the local community.

You could have posted this under your ‘Another Stupid Business Decision’ thread...about Office store being open when you didnt want it to be...you seem very angry...

Dude, you may need to grab a 6 pack, smoke a bowl, chew a gummy, talk to a family member...

Im concerned for you...reach out...you are not alone...

You could have posted this under your ‘Another Stupid Business Decision’ thread...about Office store being open when you didnt want it to be...you seem very angry...

Dude, you may need to grab a 6 pack, smoke a bowl, chew a gummy, talk to a family member...

Im concerned for you...reach out...you are not alone...
I'm fine. I'm just stunned by the total situation. You have a supposedly intelligent well paid professional working in a mid major market who spent the first 15 minutes of the news covering multiple stories about the Virus and its' effect on individuals and the Community.
Then in transition to the weather she makes a comment about lack of traffic out of downtown and short commuter times.
For the past two weeks 80% of the stories she has covered have been Virus related. She should know that the vast majority of us are sheltered at home or working from home and not physically commuting to and from an Office. Then she makes a comment that indicates that she is surprised by lack of traffic during a normal commuting time.

The world isn't going to end because of this. However, it leaves you shaking your head an asking What could she have been thinking?

I'm fine. I'm just stunned by the total situation. You have a supposedly intelligent well paid professional working in a mid major market who spent the first 15 minutes of the news covering multiple stories about the Virus and its' effect on individuals and the Community.
Then in transition to the weather she makes a comment about lack of traffic out of downtown and short commuter times.
For the past two weeks 80% of the stories she has covered have been Virus related. She should know that the vast majority of us are sheltered at home or working from home and not physically commuting to and from an Office. Then she makes a comment that indicates that she is surprised by lack of traffic during a normal commuting time.

The world isn't going to end because of this. However, it leaves you shaking your head an asking What could she have been thinking?
Was she wrong?

This surprises you. :confused:

These are the same "professionals" who don't know the difference between a Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman or a Marine... They can't take 20 seconds to get it right...

Don't even get me started about the weather folk... If I'm reincarnated I want to come back as a TV meteorologist... That's the only job I'm aware of where you only need to be accurate 30% of the time and not only do you get to keep you job..., you're celebrated! ;)

Reactions: birdforbogey

These are the same "professionals" who don't know the difference between a Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman or a Marine... They can't take 20 seconds to get it right...

Don't even get me started about the weather folk... If I'm reincarnated I want to come back as a TV meteorologist... That's the only job I'm aware of where you only need to be accurate 30% of the time and not only do you get to keep you job..., you're celebrated! ;)
I'd just say 50% chance of precipitation every day.

Was she wrong?
It wasn't that she was wrong about her observation. It was that she seemed surprised by the lack of traffic and couldn't connect the dots between the information she was reporting in news stories and the lack of traffic she observed.

It wasn't that she was wrong about her observation. It was that she seemed surprised by the lack of traffic and couldn't connect the dots between the information she was reporting in news stories and the lack of traffic she observed.
It's kind of like when the press acts surprised that so many Americans are filing for unemployment. Didn't they know that if you shut down the economy then people would be out of work?

If you're a hot chick then yeah. Of course, if you're a hot chick, then you can probably do whatever the hell you want anyway...

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT