ADVERTISEMENT

Strip poker, anyone?

This thread is the best proof we have that liberals on this forum are
[/QUOTE]
Black voters in South Carolina saved Biden's candidacy, and Black Americans voted in record numbers for Biden in the general election.

This is hardly breaking news, but Black Americans typically refrain from voting for "raging racists." George Wallace garnered little support from Black voters. Same with Trump.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.
I think many black voters would have voted for whoever wasn’t president during the BLM debacle. The Russians helped the Dims on that most effective campaign for Biden last summer. Yes, I absolutely believe that they also helped get Trump elected in 2016 to satisfy the flock of Dim yabutters dying to jump in, but they certainly fanned the flames last year, which helped Biden. Anyone who thinks their activities are inconsequential should watch Agents of Chaos & The Perfect Weapon on HBO Max.

Obama initially opposed gay marriage.

Some people learn, grow, and even decide to change their minds when facts don't fit their previous positions, or they just realize that they had been wrong before.

Not DANC, though! Don't need no stinking facts!
Politicians are weather vanes. Obama’s personal feeling on gay marriage likely didn’t change at all.

Black voters in South Carolina saved Biden's candidacy, and Black Americans voted in record numbers for Biden in the general election.

This is hardly breaking news, but Black Americans typically refrain from voting for "raging racists." George Wallace garnered little support from Black voters. Same with Trump.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Facts scare you

I have to admit, you had me going. For awhile I thought you were a serious poster & real person...
I keep telling you - he's the Village Idiot. And he proves it with every post.

The difference between today's press and that of the 60's thru 80's is that the political leanings of the owners and editors back in the day rarely strayed from the Editorial page..., and it was a point of honor with most of them to cover the truth no matter were it lead them...These days that ethos has all but disappeared...

Gene Pulliam was a friend of my father (who always voted for "the best available" as a lifelong Independent). Now Gene was a Republicans Republican but he let his investigative reporters follow the evidence and go after evil and wrongdoing no matter which way it voted..., and kept his slant on things on the Editorial Page, were it belonged (he also had friends across the political spectrum).... You won't find that type of integrity in the "mainstream" media today (in my opinion)...
I suggest you review archives from the 1960's when both JFK and later brother Robert were running for president. The reporting was so bias that the Star was deluged with national criticism from other media outlets including TV.

Reactions: DANC
Governor's just are not as national news. I agree it deserves a mention by the national media but a governor does not generate the national interest a president does. A president coughs and it is front page, a governor has a 103 fever and it is a filler story.

But yes, it should be mentioned. Probably after Tiger but before IU's decision to quit playing basketball.
Governor of New York? That's not national news? I'd say there could be international ramifications.

I suggest you review archives from the 1960's when both JFK and later brother Robert were running for president. The reporting was so bias that the Star was deluged with national criticism from other media outlets including TV.

I don't intend to waste any research time attempting to document refuting that... All I can tell you is that most of the national coverage stuff in the Star came directly off the AP and UPI feeds... So..., if you're saying the Star was biased then you'd have to take a hard look at those two sources...

As to your last sentence, I don't recall anything close to that being the case and I have a very hard time believing anyone outside of Indiana (in the national news media) was paying the slightest of attention to anything the Indianapolis Star was printing during the 1960's...

While the Star was a fine paper with some great local writers (Lowell Nussbaum [another family friend] jumps to mind) back then it was not considered a national impact type of news source and aside from some occasional great investigative reporting it never has been...

I absolutely guarantee you the national TV network news weren't taking note of anything the Star had to say back then... If you weren't in New York or D.C. in the 60's you didn't exist to the national media...

If the Star was as slanted as you imply And were making waves nationally they certainly weren't as effective as you indicate since JFK was elected, Bobby was wildly popular, and bookending those two Democrats were Vance Hartke (a true slimball, phonier than a 3 dollar bill) and Birch Bayh...., both Democrat Senators from Indiana... That's not even mentioning all the Democrat Congressmen from that time frame...,(Congressman Andy Jacobs comes to mind)

Now..., if you're speaking of the Editorial Page then yeah, I can assure you they were biased against them...but I was speaking of "other than the Editorial Page"...

Last edited:
What is the last action he took that impacted your life?
He got me to thinking about some cuss words when I found out he put covid patients in nursing homes and caused the death of thousands. I'm not going to repeat what I was thinking, but I did tell a lady at my father's nursing home that Cuomo is lucky he isn't the governor of Indiana.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
He got me to thinking about some cuss words when I found out he put covid patients in nursing homes and caused the death of thousands. I'm not going to repeat what I was thinking, but I did tell a lady at my father's nursing home that Cuomo is lucky he isn't the governor of Indiana.
Now do Trump.

So, DANC, are the last 3 posts of yours in this thread examples of how you would like me and others to post here? Is this the roadmap?
I'll hang up and listen.
Why are you trolling me? I don't give a crap how you or anyone else posts?

Good god, man. You sound like a teen-age girl.

What is the last action he took that impacted your life?
Is that the criteria now for commenting? What is the last action that impacted your life?

What did Trump do that impacted your life, other than to create lower energy prices and keep unemployment low?

You seem to be pretty willing to dish it out, but a little whiney on the whole taking it part.
You seem to just be whiny in general.

You spend a lot of your time whining about how I post. Just put me on ignore and you won't get offended.

You seem to be the offended party...and more the type who would put someone on ignore. Go for it.
Ignore me and you won't be offended. Then you come back with "You seem to be the offended party.."

No, YOU are.

Yep, just like a teenage girl.

The story was that Eugene Pulliam, owner of the Ind. Star and other papers, had a major feud with Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK and RFK. Pulliam is said to have told Kennedy to the effect, the only way your sons will get their names in my newspapers is when they are dead.

If true, this might explain some of the bias.

Your shift should jsut about be over. Be sure to stop by the liquor store on the way home and get a case of Pabst for the weekend.
It's a been a few years back, but I recall reading that PBR was having a comeback and was considered hip to drink by the kool kids.

Back in my day it was the beer that mechanics and construction workers drank.

It's a been a few years back, but I recall reading that PBR was having a comeback and was considered hip to drink by the kool kids.

No. Stupid hipsters drink it ironically and think they’re being funny. Definitely not the kool kids.

You're an entire generation behind, the hipster millennials did that, the gen z kids don't even drink beer.

Is that the criteria now for commenting? What is the last action that impacted your life?

What did Trump do that impacted your life, other than to create lower energy prices and keep unemployment low?

Many Americans cannot name their own senators. I wish someone would poll asking people to name their own governors, I think we would be shocked. The governor of NY is not something most people sit around talking about. We all have some degree of political nerdness to be here posting. A quote I heard long ago is that Americans care more about their baseball team than politics. I think for huge numbers of people, Tiger was far better known and far more concern for than any governor.

Wait, there was a poll. 1 in 3 Americans cannot name their own governors.

That is their own. I bet if asked Americans in the other 49 to name the governor of NY it would be higher.

No politician was going to knock Tiger off the lead that day this side of Biden or Trump. It should have been covered more, but simply put governors are not super stars. Tiger was a superstar.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Then God will take care of it, right??

Stroh's - now that's a man's beer.

Reactions: UncleMark

It is/was kitschy a few years ago, don't know now. And who knows if it is even the same old swill as these brands are sold and resold and slapped on whatver fits.

ADVERTISEMENT