ADVERTISEMENT

Strip poker, anyone?

It is kinda like that. I will be shocked if anyone from the left posts in this thread defending him or saying this shouldn't be fully investigated. If true, (and even though this appears to be a lot fewer than the dozens of women who said similar about Trump), he should face serious consequences. You and Jamie seem to think there's some kind of gotcha here, liberals have never said that men in the Democrat party are never abusers, we just believe in holding them accountable regardless of party.

It is kinda like that. I will be shocked if anyone from the left posts in this thread defending him or saying this shouldn't be fully investigated. If true, (and even though this appears to be a lot fewer than the dozens of women who said similar about Trump), he should face serious consequences. You and Jamie seem to think there's some kind of gotcha here, liberals have never said that men in the Democrat party are never abusers, we just believe in holding them accountable regardless of party.

As an example, lefties here largely said Franken had to go. We have people capable of doing these jobs who are not molesters. Why defend someone not worthy?

I don't get why so many believe Trump is the only American capable of running the country. It seems there are many who would have the same agenda and not have near the baggage. Why fall into a cult of personality. Ditch Cuomo, ditch Trump. We damn well can do better on the left and right

LMAO. Well that's a real condemnation.

Reactions: ulrey
The outrage just doesn't seem to be as intense in the national media.

There may be bias on this, but some of it is the difference in a governor vs president. I have avoided the news today, tired of all Tiger when no one has anything new to report.

It is the lead story in the NY Times New York news page, but not the national page.

Though to criticize the media, making a big deal about a lack of skid marks in a wreck of a vehicle with antilock breaks makes no sense.

I am

Reactions: UncleMark
There may be bias on this, but some of it is the difference in a governor vs president. I have avoided the news today, tired of all Tiger when no one has anything new to report.

It is the lead story in the NY Times New York news page, but not the national page.

Though to criticize the media, making a big deal about a lack of skid marks in a wreck of a vehicle with antilock breaks makes no sense.

I am
Well, of course the NYT isn't going to put it on it's national page. "may be a bias"? Yeah, I think that's a pretty safe bet.

Well, of course the NYT isn't going to put it on it's national page. "may be a bias"? Yeah, I think that's a pretty safe bet.

Governor's just are not as national news. I agree it deserves a mention by the national media but a governor does not generate the national interest a president does. A president coughs and it is front page, a governor has a 103 fever and it is a filler story.

But yes, it should be mentioned. Probably after Tiger but before IU's decision to quit playing basketball.

Governor's just are not as national news. I agree it deserves a mention by the national media but a governor does not generate the national interest a president does. A president coughs and it is front page, a governor has a 103 fever and it is a filler story.

But yes, it should be mentioned. Probably after Tiger but before IU's decision to quit playing basketball.
Yet Ted Cruz's trip to Mexico was national news.

Reactions: 76-1
Yet Ted Cruz's trip to Mexico was national news.
Texas was the flavor of the week. Cuomo being in Tiger's car yesterday would be front page news.

I see stories frequently on the Newsome recall effort. I have not paid attention to it, if Californians want him gone then that is up to them. I do not care. I paid little attention to Cruz's trip, but it was a fairly simple story. 10 seconds and you know everything.

When California had wildfires, some media laughed about it. When Texas froze, some media laughed about it. There is some bias. At the same point, Cuomo does not impact main street in 49 states.

Texas was the flavor of the week. Cuomo being in Tiger's car yesterday would be front page news.

I see stories frequently on the Newsome recall effort. I have not paid attention to it, if Californians want him gone then that is up to them. I do not care. I paid little attention to Cruz's trip, but it was a fairly simple story. 10 seconds and you know everything.

When California had wildfires, some media laughed about it. When Texas froze, some media laughed about it. There is some bias. At the same point, Cuomo does not impact main street in 49 states.
There is a helluva lot of bias. Just because you don't care about state issues doesn't mean the media doesn't - if it's the right Party.

DANC’s point about Cruz is spot on. I find Cruz to be as deleterious as Trump but so is Cuomo. And Cruz dominated national news.

We agree on most things. I don’t think we agree on the severity of the bias. You at least acknowledge it exists - but I think your bias doesn’t let you see that media bias is at all time worst.

Multiple news outlets carried the Governor of New York's daily COVID19 briefings for close to a month straight... He was being lauded as "what leadership looks like" by nearly every "mainstream" network... There was talk of an eventual presidential run...

I don't know who you're trying to snow... This story is as "national" as it gets... I guarantee if he had an R in front of his name there'd be an hourly feeding frenzy of the mainstream media until he was forced to resign...

The free press as we once knew it has schackled themselves to the Democratic Party, and..., by all appearances, gets their "okay to print" orders (along with this weeks talking points), straight from the Democratic National Committee...

This approach parallels the press in Nazi Germany in the early 1930's... That's Not a good thing...😕

Multiple news outlets carried the Governor of New York's daily COVID19 briefings for close to a month straight... He was being lauded as "what leadership looks like" by nearly every "mainstream" network... There was talk of an eventual presidential run...

I don't know who you're trying to snow... This story is as "national" as it gets... I guarantee if he had an R in front of his name there'd be an hourly feeding frenzy of the mainstream media until he was forced to resign...

The free press as we once knew it has schackled themselves to the Democratic Party, and..., by all appearances, gets their "okay to print" orders (along with this weeks talking points), straight from the Democratic National Committee...

This approach parallels the press in Nazi Germany in the early 1930's... That's Not a good thing...😕
Good post, Godwin.

Reactions: larsIU

Lol like you watch main stream media.

Newsmax was ripping on Biden's dog the other day, saying it was not presidential. Pure clownshow.

You have one of the largest propaganda news machines in your power and yet you guys still whine about the 'mainstream media'.

Cuomo will pay a political price for these things, maybe even a criminal price.

I've yet to see anyone spin his stuff as the biggest witch hunt in the history of the universe or simply say it's fake news.

If it's deemed true without much doubt....he'll pay.

Simple as that.

If true, (and even though this appears to be a lot fewer than the dozens of women who said similar about Trump)

Gets in the compulsory "yabut".

liberals have never said that men in the Democrat party are never abusers, we just believe in holding them accountable regardless of party.

Slick Willy and almost everyone named Kennedy say "Hi"

Reactions: 76-1

It is the approach America had for most of our existence. The first papers were extremely partisan. Even as the country was being founded. The paper in existence in the capitol was very pro-Adams, so Jefferson and Madison went out and started a paper that was anti Adams, anti Washington, and CO will live this, pro French Revolution. Read the Wiki for Revolutionary Era and Party Era https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_American_newspapers

I grew up in Columbus, IN, and the paper was The Republic. It was started in 1872 as The Columbus Republican. Any wonder what party it supported? Many papers from the 1800s carried Democrat or Republican in the name.

So party media has been around since the beginning. In the middle of the 20th century we tried to have a neutral press. It would be my preference. But it isn't like Nazi Germany is the example we have to follow. Now we have all sorts of Republican press and Democratic press. Fox is Republican press. NY Post, Washington Times, Breitbart.

The biggest difference between the two is Reagan's 11th commandment. Type the name "Cuomo" into Google and do a search. Stories are in the Times, Post, NBC, Newsweek, PBS. It is missing from CNN as far as I can tell, which sucks on their part. Having his brother on air means they should be more diligent not less.

As to the press covering his press conferences, again, flavor of the month. NY had more COVID than anywhere else by far. I am not going to look up the numbers, but at one time it may have had more cases than the rest of the country combined. I recall in late spring when Arizona was the epicenter watching one of their press conferences.

The mainstream press over covered Tiger's accident, which pushed everything else off of the top. They did the same with Kobe. Google Cuomo, just about everyone has it now.

Reactions: bigmac76 and larsIU
There is a helluva lot of bias. Just because you don't care about state issues doesn't mean the media doesn't - if it's the right Party.
You’d never know we just elected someone president who actively opposed integrated schools in the 70’s. It just hardly ever comes up.

Yet we heard time after time about Trumps housing practices in the 70’s.

It’s a ridiculous double standard, despite Goat and others equivocations.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC

It's not really a "national" story. I find Cuomo repulsive...but he's not my governor. Not much really to do about it.

Gets in the compulsory "yabut".

Slick Willy and almost everyone named Kennedy say "Hi"

Mine was a yeah-and, not a yeah-but. What you did here is the textbook yabbut. Happy to explain further if that's confusing to you. Also happy to go on a cancelling spree for politicians like Clinton and Kennedy who used their power to abuse women around them, it's disgusting and I'm not going to argue against them being way in the wrong. Good try on the gotcha though, you'll get 'em one day champ.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Mine was a yeah-and, not a yeah-but. What you did here is the textbook yabbut. Happy to explain further if that's confusing to you. Also happy to go on a cancelling spree for politicians like Clinton and Kennedy who used their power to abuse women around them, it's disgusting and I'm not going to argue against them being way in the wrong. Good try on the gotcha though, you'll get 'em one day champ.

lol

Nice spin

• Haha
Reactions: mashnut
It is the approach America had for most of our existence. The first papers were extremely partisan. Even as the country was being founded. The paper in existence in the capitol was very pro-Adams, so Jefferson and Madison went out and started a paper that was anti Adams, anti Washington, and CO will live this, pro French Revolution. Read the Wiki for Revolutionary Era and Party Era https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_American_newspapers

I grew up in Columbus, IN, and the paper was The Republic. It was started in 1872 as The Columbus Republican. Any wonder what party it supported? Many papers from the 1800s carried Democrat or Republican in the name.

So party media has been around since the beginning. In the middle of the 20th century we tried to have a neutral press. It would be my preference. But it isn't like Nazi Germany is the example we have to follow. Now we have all sorts of Republican press and Democratic press. Fox is Republican press. NY Post, Washington Times, Breitbart.

The biggest difference between the two is Reagan's 11th commandment. Type the name "Cuomo" into Google and do a search. Stories are in the Times, Post, NBC, Newsweek, PBS. It is missing from CNN as far as I can tell, which sucks on their part. Having his brother on air means they should be more diligent not less.

As to the press covering his press conferences, again, flavor of the month. NY had more COVID than anywhere else by far. I am not going to look up the numbers, but at one time it may have had more cases than the rest of the country combined. I recall in late spring when Arizona was the epicenter watching one of their press conferences.

The mainstream press over covered Tiger's accident, which pushed everything else off of the top. They did the same with Kobe. Google Cuomo, just about everyone has it now.

The difference between today's press and that of the 60's thru 80's is that the political leanings of the owners and editors back in the day rarely strayed from the Editorial page..., and it was a point of honor with most of them to cover the truth no matter were it lead them...These days that ethos has all but disappeared...

Gene Pulliam was a friend of my father (who always voted for "the best available" as a lifelong Independent). Now Gene was a Republicans Republican but he let his investigative reporters follow the evidence and go after evil and wrongdoing no matter which way it voted..., and kept his slant on things on the Editorial Page, were it belonged (he also had friends across the political spectrum).... You won't find that type of integrity in the "mainstream" media today (in my opinion)...

The difference between today's press and that of the 60's thru 80's is that the political leanings of the owners and editors back in the day rarely strayed from the Editorial page..., and it was a point of honor with most of them to cover the truth no matter were it lead them...These days that ethos has all but disappeared...

Gene Pulliam was a friend of my father (who always voted for "the best available" as a lifelong Independent). Now Gene was a Republicans Republican but he let his investigative reporters follow the evidence and go after evil and wrongdoing no matter which way it voted..., and kept his slant on things on the Editorial Page, were it belonged (he also had friends across the political spectrum).... You won't find that type of integrity in the "mainstream" media today (in my opinion)...
Too bad you have me on ignore, because I enjoyed reading this post.

You’d never know we just elected someone president who actively opposed integrated schools in the 70’s. It just hardly ever comes up.

Yet we heard time after time about Trumps housing practices in the 70’s.

It’s a ridiculous double standard, despite Goat and others equivocations.

Stand back and stand by. There are fine people on both sides.

Maybe there is a difference because only 1 of them was in bed with white supremacists.

A vote for Biden doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a racist.

It just means you have no issue supporting a racist.

There, I think I did it right.

Biden would have to be a racist to make that work.

Keep trying. You might pass kindergarten soon.

Reactions: bigmac76

Well according to Kamala, he is.

Oh I forgot she didn’t call him a racist. “I don’t think you’re a racist but here are all the ways you behave in a racist fashion” was her finer point.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
This thread is the best proof we have that liberals on this forum are way more reasonable than conservatives.

Lindsey Boylan is a babe.

24cuomo-boylan-jumbo-v2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: bigmac76

Just ask Kamala Harris https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/fea.../2020-08-20-joe-bidens-six-decades-of-racism/

Then there are his racist statements https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...ents-made-by-joe-biden-over-the-years-n673531

And here's Biden joining forces with KKK Exalted Cyclops, Robert Byrd, to condem "boat people". https://freebeacon.com/2020-electio...-to-keep-vietnam-war-refugees-out-of-america/

Hanging with a former KKK leader? You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to not realize Biden is a raging racist, but will say and do anything to keep political power. Problem is, he sometimes actually says what he really thinks.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and 76-1
You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to not realize Biden is a raging racist, but will say and do anything to keep political power.
Black voters in South Carolina saved Biden's candidacy, and Black Americans voted in record numbers for Biden in the general election.

This is hardly breaking news, but Black Americans typically refrain from voting for "raging racists." George Wallace garnered little support from Black voters. Same with Trump.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Not true. He opposed forced busing. Big difference.
Obama initially opposed gay marriage.

Some people learn, grow, and even decide to change their minds when facts don't fit their previous positions, or they just realize that they had been wrong before.

Not DANC, though! Don't need no stinking facts!

Last edited:
Black voters in South Carolina saved Biden's candidacy, and Black Americans voted in record numbers for Biden in the general election.

This is hardly breaking news, but Black Americans typically refrain from voting for "raging racists." George Wallace garnered little support from Black voters. Same with Trump.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.
And more black people voted for Trump in 2020 than did in 2016. That doesn’t normally happen with raging racists.

For the record, I don’t think Biden is a racist. I don’t think Trump is a racist.

But if I use the standard applied to Trump, then I have no choice but to consider Biden racist.

I think it’s worthwhile to point out the hypocrisy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT