ADVERTISEMENT

Strickland to PU

He specifically stated he was looking at majoring in business or engineering. Bright kid.
Doubt he still wants Business as he said the majors he was looking at were all in the top ten at PU. IU would have tipped the scales if that were the case plus given him a better program, more stable coaching, a much better campus and better student life.

Doubt he still wants Business as he said the majors he was looking at were all in the top ten at PU. IU would have tipped the scales if that were the case plus given him a better program, more stable coaching, a much better campus and better student life.
Not sure about the student life thing. Maybe the kid has a zest for fat ugly girls who don’t really think they’re fat and ugly.

Learning how important academics is to this bright young man, there's no doubt the final decision choice came down to Purdue or Stanford. Purdue won that head to head battle by being closer to home/family, his relationship with the coaches, and seeing how Karlaftis will be a first round draft pick this year.
This is a nice pot shot there hunk. 😆

IU is not chopped liver when it comes to academics overall but it’s not like we are going to promote a civil engineering program or a specific technical program like that. I’m not even sure why the kid delayed the decision unless to try to build up some kind of mystery or hype?

I mean, if we’re trying to decipher the meaning of the decision, it boils down to: 1 . I like the strength coach, 2. they have my major, 3. I can stay close to family.

I didn’t see anything really touting it as a “football only” type of thought process.

Kudos on the pickup.

Reactions: mk23
Thanks. Regarding his major - from an Indy Star article in October:
Q: What would you want to do for a major?

A:
“I’m looking into civil engineering or business.”

I get why some of you are overlooking his mentioning of a business major.

Here are Krannert's latest rankings:

U.S. News & World Report (2020)
- Production / Operations Management
#8 - Quantitative Analysis
#11 - Analytics
#12 - Supply Chain Management / Logistics
#24 - Overall
#25 - Management Information Systems

Poets & Quants (2021)
- Best Return on Investment for Undergraduate Business Programs
#24 - Best Business Schools Where Students Get Their Desired Jobs

Poets & Quants (2021)
- Best Return on Investment for Undergraduate Business Programs
#24 - Best Business Schools Where Students Get Their Desired Jobs
You're still here trolling?

Since you brought it up...Krannert is about tenth on his offer list and a distant second in-state. CE...top three on his offer list and best in state (Rose Hulman didn't offer)

Reactions: 76-1 and mk23
I, like Armaan Franklin, can’t get out of Monroe county fast enough when I’m down in redneck heaven.
Boy you sure burned us with that one! Funny but IU campus culture is rather liberal. Not much of anything hillbilly or redneck about it. Now Purdue on the other hand was the first place I visited that smelled like purina and hog sweat.. Got offered frog legs before sex. That was interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mk23
He seems like a good kid. Good luck to him.
100% agree. To me he is similar to David Bell, good kid, good student, close family. We don’t win 100% of them and can still wish some of those we don’t well in their future. (But we still want IU to dominate the bucket series…duh!!)

Boy you sure burned us with that one! Funny but IU campus culture is rather liberal. Not much of anything hillbilly or redneck about it. Now Purdue on the other hand was the first place I visited that smelled like purina and hog sweat.. Got offered frog legs before sex. That was interesting.
Not impressed when the President of PU comes out defending his decision to not mandate vaccines by parroting the FOX talking points...

• Haha
Reactions: Viguy
Not impressed when the President of PU comes out defending his decision to not mandate vaccines by parroting the FOX talking points...

Far be it for me to defend Purdue, but I don’t think elaborate talking points to defend it are necessary. Just say you’re making a value judgment to err on the side of bodily autonomy and personal choice. Seems simple. People who are worried enough about their health will get vaccinated. Or maybe those are the “talking points” you’re referring to? I don’t watch FOX or any other cable news so I wouldn’t know.

Reactions: IndyIUFan66
Far be it for me to defend Purdue, but I don’t think elaborate talking points to defend it are necessary. Just say you’re making a value judgment to err on the side of bodily autonomy and personal choice. Seems simple. People who are worried enough about their health will get vaccinated. Or maybe those are the “talking points” you’re referring to? I don’t watch FOX or any other cable news so I wouldn’t know.
There is no logical defense. We are potentially heading back to masks and closed businesses because of these idiots. Mitch went with "everybody else is doing it and "these are college kids,,,they don't get sick. Jesus Christ Mitch...act like a leader.

Good for him. Seemed like a lot of hype building around it and didn’t quite understand all of that. He’s keeping it in his family and his mom will be thrilled.
The only thing that would makes sense is that Brohm opened up the check book. IU has a better coach, a better program, a better system, a better school, a better stadium… and so on and so forth. We’re also going to beat them the next four years. His loss. Good thing we’ve got talent all over the place and won’t even notice this recruiting “miss” in two years.

The only thing that would makes sense is that Brohm opened up the check book. IU has a better coach, a better program, a better system, a better school, a better stadium… and so on and so forth. We’re also going to beat them the next four years. His loss. Good thing we’ve got talent all over the place and won’t even notice this recruiting “miss” in two years.
I hate to say it but they are a more even match at every spot except QB. That will change and I expect them to be much better in the years to come.

Better school? Have you not seen the latest rankings?

You gotta remember that Wal-Mart fans make up a majority of the iu fan base. Some took a course at Ivy Tech in Bloomington 10 years ago and now consider themselves alum. They know nothing about academic rankings. Don’t tell ‘em but IU isn’t even in the top 10 in academic rankings in the 14 member B1G conference. Said in my best southern Indiana twang, “Go Hoosiers!”
Lol….stop with your IU obsession. You showed up today for this?

You gotta remember that Wal-Mart fans make up a majority of the iu fan base. Some took a course at Ivy Tech in Bloomington 10 years ago and now consider themselves alum. They know nothing about academic rankings. Don’t tell ‘em but IU isn’t even in the top 10 in academic rankings in the 14 member B1G conference. Said in my best southern Indiana twang, “Go Hoosiers!”
Take a hike clown and take your girlfriends with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
You are still here trolling? Good thing for you that the mods here are super liberal as none of us would last 3 posts acting like this on GBI.

Better school? Have you not seen the latest rankings?
I will correct his post. PU is the better school for cilvil engineering...the major in question. IU better in the business disciplines which are not in question here.

I hate to say it but they are a more even match at every spot except QB. That will change and I expect them to be much better in the years to come.
They have to improve and they will, it may be after they dump brohm. Fortunately IU will continue to imprve as well. The tables turned five years ago and the gap is growing.

I, like Armaan Franklin, can’t get out of Monroe county fast enough when I’m down in redneck heaven.
Clearly you have never been to Monroe county. Bloomington is a fun town, and the outlying areas are absolutely beautiful.

You look like a clown beating your chest because Brohm landed his second good recruit for this class.

When it's all said and done this class for PU will be in the bottom third of the conference, even with Strickland.

I think Brohm should be able to get to 5 or 6 wins this year and save his job, but the momentum he built earlier in his tenure has slowed considerably.

They have to improve and they will, it may be after they dump brohm. Fortunately IU will continue to imprve as well. The tables turned five years ago and the gap is growing.
Brohm isn't going anywhere barring missing a bowl, which I don't expect. Minus depth in a few places, CB play, and QB play, he isn't really wrong. The starters at Purdue are fine. Takes time to build depth.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Clearly you have never been to Monroe county. Bloomington is a fun town, and the outlying areas are absolutely beautiful.

You look like a clown beating your chest because Brohm landed his second good recruit for this class.

When it's all said and done this class for PU will be in the bottom third of the conference, even with Strickland.

I think Brohm should be able to get to 5 or 6 wins this year and save his job, but the momentum he built earlier in his tenure has slowed considerably.
I agree Brohm has lost some momentum. As he starts to win, it will come back. Not sure on bottom 3rd. If guess Purdue is about done. We will see if rankings get updated as well. Purdues DE opposite of Strickland on this class in playing in the all American game. I care about that more than a recruit ranking.

Brohm isn't going anywhere barring missing a bowl, which I don't expect. Minus depth in a few places, CB play, and QB play, he isn't really wrong. The starters at Purdue are fine. Takes time to build depth.
PU going bowling? No way. IU has a far superior squad across the board. Outside of Karlaftis and Bell, nobody at PU could start for IU. Most wouldn’t crack the 2 deep either. 4-8 will be PU’s record. Did you see they were picked last in the west?

They aren’t winning 6 games man.

PU going bowling? No way. IU has a far superior squad across the board. Outside of Karlaftis and Bell, nobody at PU could start for IU. Most wouldn’t crack the 2 deep either. 4-8 will be PU’s record. Did you see they were picked last in the west?
No. Hadn't seen last. No where have I seen it. Preseason rankings are maybe the most worthless thing ever. I'm also not sure how Minnesota and Nebraska suddenly got a lot better than Purdue. Them and NU and Iowa (solely because they can't beat Brohm) are the 50/50 games in the west imo.

Idk enough about iu to agree or disagree on starts, but Purdue wasn't as bad as their record said last year. I have Purdue at 6 and iu at 8.

I'm also not sure how Minnesota and Nebraska suddenly got a lot better than Purdue.
You keep saying this. Didn't both of those teams beat Purdue last year? Didn't both of those teams finish with a better record? I don't know if Minnesota and Nebraska got a lot better than Purdue, but acting like it's a crime that either of those teams are projected to be better (and beat) Purdue next year is silly.

You keep saying this. Didn't both of those teams beat Purdue last year? Didn't both of those teams finish with a better record? I don't know if Minnesota and Nebraska got a lot better than Purdue, but acting like it's a crime that either of those teams are projected to be better (and beat) Purdue next year is silly.
I think they are all comparable though. Very comparable. They won last year. Minny by a bad call from the hometown ref and Nebraska by 10 after Purdue handed then 17 points. I'm not saying Purdue is better than them, I'm saying you can't just act like Nebraska and Minnesota will beat Purdue.

It's like iu vs cincy. You can't sit here and act like cincy is better than iu, but you can't dismiss the fact that iu might beat them either. Whereas it seems like when people look at purdues schedule, they see iowa, minny, Nebraska, and iu as guaranteed losses.

Our entire secondary is better then what you guys have. We have 3 guys coming back that were on all big 10 teams. Our linebackers are better then yours for sure and our tight end is better, no question. We have better depth at the running back spot then you guys have with the transfer of Stephen Carr coming in. Receivers are tight and you have the edge at defensive end for sure, but that's it.

You guys literally have two players, maybe three with Hartwig, that would play for us.

How you can say our talent is comparable is laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT